Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Piranha
  • 1 Post By Caprizant

Thread: Does clingyness bother you?

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

Default Does clingyness bother you?

We can all be clingy at times, in desperate needs of affection and craving someone's attention. Some people can be more clingy than others, though. Clingy is a term used to describe people who want to be around their friend/partner 24/7, or refuse to give them personal space or spend time with other friends.

Are you a clingy person? I know I am, I'm constantly craving attention and wanting all of my partner's affection directed on me. What about you?

If you aren't a clingy person, does clingyness bother you? We all need personal space sometimes, and at times it can be so annoying that it drives us to do things in a relationship we don't usually want to do. Have you ever had to deal with an overly clingy partner, or ruined a relationship with your own?

Discuss.

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

Default Re: Does clingyness bother you?

It absolutely bothers me. While I like hugs and such, I don't like constant contact. I'll sometimes move away if my family tries to touch my shoulder or something. I'll just get in these "DON'T TOUCH ME" moods. I had two relationships fail partially because my partner was too clingy. The first had almost no friends. He'd ALWAYS just be with me. He didn't have a life away from me, and it eventually drove me crazy, so I told him to go out and make friends. He didn't know how to treat friends and partners differently, cause it turns out the "friends" he made he later used to cheat on me with. Second guy's parents had divorced, and he seemed to like using me as a proxy mother, as well as a girlfriend. He never wanted to do anything that wasn't physical. No TV, no movies, no games, just affection, and euugghh.

Me, I'm happy just being in the same room as someone. We don't have to say anything, or do anything necessarily together. We could both just be on our laptops doing our own thing. There are times I'll want affection, but I also love my space. Constant attention drains all the energy out of me, and I get fatigued, and irritable.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

Blog Entries
    Add Lord_Mewtwo on Facebook
    Visit Lord_Mewtwo's Youtube Channel

I find clingyness adorable. I love it when a guy likes to be around me and give his attention to only me. It's a nice feeling, but there is a difference between clingy and too clingy. I hate it when a guy is too clingy like to the point where he can't have a social life, but as long as he has an actual life besides me it's fine.
    Creator of The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread Last updated 8-21-11
    The user formerly known as kenai3000
    Back into Pokemon and am now more of a fan than ever

Anime Angel InuNaruPokeAlchemist's Avatar

Personally, I find clingyness to be very cute <3

However, i hated it when my ex would constantly do it and act like I was his only life line.

Signature made by the1stpkmnfan of TheSpeedGamers

Blog Entries

Follow Dashie on Tumblr

I'm clingy myself, but I'm a little too clingy.. :/ I kinda find it cute, but no one's ever clingy to me haha. It's sad.. ah, well. Sometimes I'm way too clingy and sensitive..

Registered User Mamasoftshellturtle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Mamasoftshellturtle on Facebook
    Visit Mamasoftshellturtle's Youtube Channel

I know that I'm a clingy person, but I try not be too clingy to friends cause that'll drive them away. At the same time though, I don't wanna seem cold and uninviting.
    A friend of mine is a mild to moderate weeaboo, leaning towards the moderate side. She's pretty clingy because apparently she didn't have any friends so she had books instead. For some reason she's always with me out of all people, which frankly it's too much for me to bear, but it's probably so she feels superior to me. I wish other people would like her for who she is. I like her as a friend, but she's just...doesn't get things. Other than her, I like it when friends get clingy on me. Makes me feel wanted :). It's just that there's such thing as cute clingy and too much clingy.
    Amyda Nakornsrithammarajensis

Blog Entries

Yeah, it does. I find clinginess really off putting. I like being shown affection but there's a certain cut off point before it comes annoying and unattractive. Definitely in relationships but even in friendships. I like my own space a bit too much so I probably have a lower tolerance than most for it. It's kind of bad, sometimes I just want to ignore my friends but not because of anything they've done. I just enjoy my own company. I don't know if I'd ever be able to have long relationship, I prefer to keep everyone in my life a casual friend. Pretty sure that's not entirely normal :b

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

The fact that a girl cares enough about me to want to be with me is rather endearing. However, like all things, moderation is needed. That said, I'm quite content with my gf's level of clingyness.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

I love it. There's nothing better than having one of those relationships where it's so good that you both are just all over each-other and you finally get to be that couple people look at in disgust over how in love you are. I've had my share of relationships where it's not even common to tell my partner I love them, and I'm over that.
    Karamazov and Cariad like this.

ღ Still Counting ღ Caprizant's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Caprizant on Tumblr

Clinginess doesn't bother me at all. I think a lover deserves to feel as comfortable as possible around the person they love, and if that involves clinginess, so be it.
    and it's actually really, really cute the way @Guinevere; does it ;3
    Cariad likes this.

"Cheer up baby, it wasn't always quite so bad; for every bit of venom that came out, the antidote was had."
    F&GRulesLast.fmTPPSDaveVriskaKurlozRoseRoxyPorrimUser TitleLocationQuote