Do you ever feel like you're not in control?

Thread: Do you ever feel like you're not in control?

Default Do you ever feel like you're not in control?

Like you enjoy their company more than they enjoy yours?

How you reply to their messages instantly but they take hours?

How they'll talk to you when they're alone, but when they're with anyone else you get forgotten?

And you know you shouldn't let yourself be treated like it, but you don't want to lose that certain someone?

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

Default Re: Do you ever feel like you're not in control?

I don't know if "control" would be the right word to use here, but no, not lately. It's made clear that my boyfriend enjoys spending time with me.

Sometimes he might take a while to answer, but it could be he's working on an assignment (and in that case I typically don't send many messages so he can concentrate) or he's just looking at something online and forgot because he's really easily distracted.

Sometimes we just won't really have anything to say to each other at that moment. But that's okay, relationships aren't about talking to each other 24/7.

But I think I know what you mean, my love life hasn't been this bright for a long time. Some odd years ago I dated this guy, and our relationship lasted about 3 years. The first two years were really the only happy ones. After that, he started slowly drifting away (not speaking to me), having problems he didn't want my help in solving, seeing other people (sometimes literally), and it just spiraled down to us not speaking, and eventually breaking up. Sometimes people just aren't meant to be, so you shouldn't worry about them. But don't jump any guns, first of all, you should try talking to this person about this. If they're able to come up with a reasonable explanation, accept it. If they have no explanation, or their explanation starts to feel like bs, don't talk to them for a while. It might be hard reading this now, but eventually you'll reach a point where you just can't muster up the energy to keep up the friendship. It's way too exhausting, and you'll realize their other priorities, and figure out that there are in fact other people out there who will give you the time of day.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh, yes, and it was the start of the end. I mean, I wasn't a sort of overly attached boyfriend, but when an entire week passed without signs of life from her... something was wrong. We broke shortly after.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Follow Go-to Icon On Twitter

Eh, girls...girls rule my life. Hate to say it but they do. I'm never in control even though I always say I am