SUPPORT: Do any of you experience Mental Illness? - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Do any of you experience Mental Illness?

Default Re: Who Suffers From Mental Illness?

Oh yeah. This guy does. *raises both hands* I've been diagnosed with general anxiety, Asperger's syndrome, and depression. Take it from me: it's not a fun combination. I mean, medication. I'm sure most of us here understand this. Like, I recently started on meds and they only make me MORE depressed. Thanks a lot, you stupid half-pill.
    of course we all know unova is the best region ever
    black: 3097 1144 1525
    white 2: 4342 6596 9987

Baf's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by no_way_back View Post
    Oh yeah. This guy does. *raises both hands* I've been diagnosed with general anxiety, Asperger's syndrome, and depression. Take it from me: it's not a fun combination. I mean, medication. I'm sure most of us here understand this. Like, I recently started on meds and they only make me MORE depressed. Thanks a lot, you stupid half-pill.
    I have all three, it did take a while for the depression medication to actually make an effect on me, but right no without it I do crash. Just keep taking it and you will see how it does make you better. You aren't going to wake up one day on top of the world, but you will feel balanced and stable.
    smoke weed, children!

Quote Originally Posted by Maglev View Post
    I have all three, it did take a while for the depression medication to actually make an effect on me, but right no without it I do crash. Just keep taking it and you will see how it does make you better. You aren't going to wake up one day on top of the world, but you will feel balanced and stable.
    Thanks. I know it takes a while to kick in, but I don't particularly like feeling like crap in the meantime :P It kinda sucks how I was starting to get better with the help of therapy and stuff and then they put me on this and now I'm almost back where I started, though.
    of course we all know unova is the best region ever
    black: 3097 1144 1525
    white 2: 4342 6596 9987

I think I may have anxiety disorder. I get very afraid a lot, and sometimes I get so scared I don't want to move because I'm afraid something bad would happen to me. I also feel like I have this jerky, annoying guy in the back of my brain that puts scary thoughts into my head, and thinks the opposite of what I think. I think it might have even talked to me once. Generally, it tries (and thankfully fails) to force me to think certain ways. One thing I remember it saying is "I know you're gay, but I'm going to keep insulting you, and try to force you to be straight." I think I have severe mental issues if there's a guy that hates me that is talking to me in my mind.
    My GPX+
    My 3DS FC is 5412-9933-2792.
    DON'T
    like my posts. It just annoys me.

Generalized Anxiety Disorder (well I'm not sure that's entirely correct but it's the closest they could come up with) and depression sufferer here. I've been taking meds for anxiety since I was six. ...I couldn't make this up if I tried. Only a few things seem to set me off (school/insecurities about my intelligence, money, thinking I'm a bad person, or just overthinking about certain things that may disturb me), but once the anxiety is set off, it's hard to stop. I cry and have suicidal thoughts that I'm too chicken to actually act on.

Yet unless you caught me in one of my crying spells, you wouldn't be able to guess that I had anxiety problems. (Though the people I went to school with definitely know...since I cried a lot. It was an achievement if I could go an entire week without crying at school.)
    Last edited by Angelic Gardevoir; 11th March 2014 at 02:36 PM.

Returning to Hoenn LavenderTownGhost's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I suffer from quite a few of the same things you do, OP. I have anxiety surrounding the nighttime because I have always struggled with insomnia and a couple of times it got very severe. I've dealt with bipolar depression since middle school but am on medications for it which help tremendously. I am also currently dealing with PTSD due to some trauma with medical experiences and chemotherapy, and Body Dysmorphic Disorder, which I've always had. I am going to start therapy for the latter two conditions soon.
    "Halloween is every day!" -Sharon Needles

Banner made by Instrutilus

ADHD and an eating disorder. I get depressed a lot. I spend a lot of time miserable; a misery caused by my own mind, in my own mind. It's amazing really...I live a nice life. I have way more than just necessity. Imagine the people whose misery is caused by an outside, physical force. I feel bad thinking about it.
    I'm the essence of
    daydreamer. time-waster. black and white painter.
    in an upside-down world.
    eyes closed. dreams unfold. ascending realities; open to me.

Friend code: 1306-6423-3472 | Friend safari: Flying | Instagram: themuslimvegan|

Blog Entries
    Add Neosquid on Facebook
    Follow Neosquid on Tumblr

Um, I've been diagnosed with aspergers, and I probably have ADHD. The former doesn't seem noticeable anymore, but my attention is certainly lacking. I think I have some sort of eating disorder, I believe it to be anorexia nervosa. Whether it's mild or significant, I am not sure, but I do believe I have it.

Quote Originally Posted by crystallineEntropy View Post
    Um, I've been diagnosed with aspergers, and I probably have ADHD. The former doesn't seem noticeable anymore, but my attention is certainly lacking. I think I have some sort of eating disorder, I believe it to be anorexia nervosa. Whether it's mild or significant, I am not sure, but I do believe I have it.
    I highly encourage you to seek professional help if you think you might have an eating disorder. Eating disorders are much easier to 'cure' when they're in the early stages, but unfortunately most are not caught early enough. To make matters worse, there are some ignorant 'professionals' who do not consider someone to have an eating disorder if they are not significantly underweight (ridiculous!) or are male (even worse!).

You really don't want to go down this path. Nothing but misery and depression every day. Self-loathing of the highest rank and order. And that's just the mental part. There are very real physical consequences as well.
    I'm the essence of
    in an upside-down world.

Friend code: 1306-6423-3472 | Friend safari: Flying | Instagram: themuslimvegan|

Blog Entries
    Add Neosquid on Facebook
    Follow Neosquid on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by farewell, friend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crystallineEntropy View Post
    I highly encourage you to seek professional help if you think you might have an eating disorder. Eating disorders are much easier to 'cure' when they're in the early stages, but unfortunately most are not caught early enough. To make matters worse, there are some ignorant 'professionals' who do not consider someone to have an eating disorder if they are not significantly underweight (ridiculous!) or are male (even worse!).

You really don't want to go down this path. Nothing but misery and depression every day. Self-loathing of the highest rank and order. And that's just the mental part. There are very real physical consequences as well.
    Part of me actually wants to embrace it, since I really don't want to be fat again. But I know you're right. I should probably get help.

That makes me sad to read. There are healthy ways to lose weight, while keeping your happiness and your sanity.
    Besides, you'll never be satisfied when you have an eating disorder; not enough weight lost, not restricting enough, not this, not that...

Why would you subject yourself to a life of misery like that? :(
    The worst of what I've felt, I can't even put into words. And yet it might be the least of someone else's worst.

There's no "safe way" to do an eating disorder. There's no "I'll do it for a little and then stop," or a "I can stop when I want to". No, clearly, if you think like that, then you have no idea. You'll be consumed, obsessed, and miserable. You might even want to kill yourself because you can't take it anymore. Because no matter what you do, it's never enough, and you're not happy.

And treating eating disorders is not cheap. Some insurance companies will not cover treatment for people diagnosed with EDNOS (eating disorder not otherwise specified, which is what the majority of people fall under), because they don't consider it 'serious' enough. The criteria for actual Anorexia Nervosa is ridiculously and stupidly strict. And for the most severe of people, in-patient treatment can cost a ridiculous $30,000 a month. Yup, that much. It's not something to be taken lightly, and I urge you not to think of it in a positive manner or as a means to lose weight.
    I may sound preachy, but there's a reason...
    I'm the essence of
    in an upside-down world.

Baf's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frühling View Post
    Diagnosed with General Anixety Disorder (GAD) when I was seven, and have been on anxiety medication for it for the past seven years. It hasn't helped me in any way so far. Apart from that, I'm currently in the process of being diagnosed for depression; I've shown symptoms since I was a young child, only now are they becoming more prominent and noticeable. Those are the only two mental illnesses I suffer from, though I additionally have dyscalculia, albeit a mental disability as opposed to illness. :P From 2011 - 2012 I was bullimic and made myself through up almost daily, but I was able to overcome that and I know longer make myself throw up.
    I'm so happy that you beat bulimia :) sounds like such a tough thing to do. I have anxiety disorder too, I use Mirtazapine once before I go to sleep at night, that's really helped me. Helps me calm down at night.

Depression is such a tough battle too, for me the combination of medication and counselling really helped me out last year, and I'm going back to counselling soon because I've been in a bad place lately.

Ever need a talk, I'm always here for you :)
    smoke weed, children!

I have ADHD and Bipolar 2. I am taking meds for both.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic76257_5.gif

I don't really have any mental illnesses, but I do have high-functioning autism that most people can't even tell I have because of how well I've been raised in accordance with the diagnosis at an early age. The funny part, though, is that I was diagnosed in 6th grade, which was many years after the therapy stopped. Also, just a side note: aspergers/autism are not illnesses, they're considered disorders. However, I like to think of them as gifts; they take your mind away from the silly drama that most neurotypical people dedicate their minds to stressing out over (high school drama, anybody? xD).

Is it okay to lament here?

I've been wondering, lately, if I have schizophrenia. Some type of it. Bipolar disorder, too.
    For at least three to four years now, possibly more, I've had this...person, I suppose, another me, almost constantly harass me. I'm so incredibly stressed out because of this individual, that I can't enjoy life. No matter what I'm doing, this individual starts to harass me. It's so overbearing, at times, that I just don't want to live anymore.

Things just keep piling on.

My eating disorder is exacerbating both physical and mental illnesses, and the way I've been behaving recently is very much like someone suffering from bipolar disorder.
    These incredible, quick flips of mood are driving me mad.
    And the voice won't leave me alone...though it comes from internally, not externally. I know it's in my head, but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

All these things keep piling on, and they make me more and more stressed; more and more depressed. Life is empty and meaningless at this point.
    I don't even want to leave the house anymore.

...Okay, I feel better talking about it. For the moment, at least

Oh my God, as I write this I'm being harassed by that voice. F**K OFF MAN/WOMAN/THING/WHATEVER YOU ARE. I AM SO F**KING TIRED OF YOU.
    I'm the essence of
    in an upside-down world.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast