Confession problems?? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Confession problems??

Blog Entries

Default Re: Confession problems??

I just got out of a relationship almost a moth ago, but the last month of it, I kinda realized I liked my best friend. I knew when she came to my grandpa's funeral. Then, I realized she was really who I should be dating. She's always there for me, and has been one of my best friends for a little over 8 years now. I used to have a crush on her years ago, and it wore off, but it decided to come back. I went out on one date with her a couple weeks ago, and I've been kinda flirty with her lately. She'll flirt sometimes, but most of out conversations have been over text since the date, and it's hard to tell how she's reacting. I know she liked me at least 2 years ago, because she actually told my ex. (They're friends, and that was before I dated her.) I want to confess to her, but I can't seem to force it out.
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

Blog Entries
    Follow RaccoonGoon On Twitter
    Visit RaccoonGoon's Youtube Channel

Don't be afraid to. The best advice I ever got was from my grandad when he said that if you want to do something, want to do anything, you "Knuckle down, buckle down, and do it do it do it."

Don't let silly nerves hold you back. Do it before it's too late.

Blog Entries

I'm inviting her to my 16th birthday party in a few weeks. I'm hoping I can get her alone for a minute then.
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

Best of luck then.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

Actual Cannibal Shiay LaBeouf Shiay's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiay On Twitter Add Shiay on Facebook
    Follow Shiay on Tumblr Visit Shiay's Youtube Channel

Confessions? I usually wait till I know the person, are comfortable, and assume that they're as equally comfortable around me that I am around them. Then, after a while of seeing that they are, I generally let them know. @___@;; It's really nerve wracking each and every time that I've done it. I say this, because it's almost always been me that's done the confessing before getting any form of response of mutual relationships and things of the like.

deviantART | Perfect Lie | The Sinclair Journal | Level Up! | My Fanclub | Fallout Fanclub | Morty/Matsuba Fanclub | Left 4 Dead Group | TERA Player

Tempest Reach Server
    Jaydin.Byrd/37/Human/Warrior | Alloura/20/Elin/Priest | Jaysen.Biel/20/Castanic/Warrior | Kayan/6/Castanic/Archer
    Azrea/5/Castanic/Warrior | Gwenevire/8/Elin/Sorcerer | Jak.Sinclair/18/Human/Warrior | Sylsalis/10/Castanic/Archer

Celestial Hills Server
    Vaiha/15/Castanic/Slayer | Thalifra/16/Castanic/Sorcerer | Shiay/13/Human/Slayer | Mirielle.Maltrusse/23/High Elf/Mystic
    Nuell/20/Castanic/Archer | Open | Open | Open

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

One thing that makes this easier is thinking about how to confess to someone. You don't have to put your whole heart on the line, especially if you're worried that the other person might not want anything to do with you if they know the extent to which you have feelings for them. So don't say something like "I've been madly in love with you for years, I dream about you every night and I think we're soulmates," even if it's true. Just ask them on a date, or tell them you think they're cute. That's a lot easier to brush off if the person rejects you.

Also, there are sometimes where, no matter how much you may want to get it off your chest, maybe it's just not the best idea to tell them. For example, if you actually can't have them, like if they're somebody who is off-limits (like a teacher or someone of incompatible orientation) or just inadvisable (like someone who is already in a monogamous relationship, or the recent ex of a close-friend). Also, while "I don't want to ruin the friendship" is a crappy reason not to tell your friends your feelings for them MOST of the time, if you're actually worried your friend will react badly (like, not just reject you, but cruelly reject you, feel uncomfortable around you or not want to be friends anymore) you might not want to tell them.

Here's a really helpful guide to dealing with fears of rejection. While the title says it's for lesbians (since the site is aimed at a lesbian audience), the actual advice can be applied to people of all sexual orientations.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

The timeI confesed to the girl I liked... around half a month ago.

Turns out she had a bouyfriend already.

But we stayed in good terms as friends... and boy, I'm glad to have that out of my chest at last. Seriously, it felt great.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

50% loser & 50% Bad jokes Kay-Senpai's Avatar

I only got rejected once and that was the only time I told a guy I liked him,which took a lot of courage to do,but he only see's me as a friend which is okay, I'm glad me and him could still be friend even if I'm shy and can barely talk around him

☆*・゜゚・*2SUGOI4U*・゜゚・*☆

Blog Entries

I never got to confess I tell the wrong people and stuff happens.

Three years ago I wanted to confess my feeling but she heard I liked from someone else then had some douchebag I got into a few arguments to pose as her boyfriend than when I told one of her male friends about it and he said she was lying I asked her about it and she said they broke up so Ihalfheartedly asked her out and she said no. According to our mutual advisor her parents didn't let her date. Still kinda like her.

Then the next year this other girl who I thought was in love with me attracted my attention I went to dance just to try to ask her out turns people I told couldn't keep it to themselves not sure if she heard saw her gingerly holding another guy so I talked with a girl in our circle and she said the girl was just a huge flirt which deep down I suspected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

The Blue Blooded Brit. TheRealLoneRenegade's Avatar

Visit TheRealLoneRenegade's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    I never got to confess I tell the wrong people and stuff happens.

Three years ago I wanted to confess my feeling but she heard I liked from someone else then had some douchebag I got into a few arguments to pose as her boyfriend than when I told one of her male friends about it and he said she was lying I asked her about it and she said they broke up so Ihalfheartedly asked her out and she said no. According to our mutual advisor her parents didn't let her date. Still kinda like her.
    Man... That is kinda rough.
    Then the next year this other girl who I thought was in love with me attracted my attention I went to dance just to try to ask her out turns people I told couldn't keep it to themselves not sure if she heard saw her gingerly holding another guy so I talked with a girl in our circle and she said the girl was just a huge flirt which deep down I suspected.
    Last edited by Jo The Marten; 21st March 2013 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Correcting coding so no one else gets confused.

Registered Nosy Airliner Comrade Zhenya's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't call this a problem, but I'm planning to confess to my crush at the end of the year dance. Gonna use 6 bucks to try to win my crush's heart LOL
    "Center, I have that little fuc... FOKKER in sight!" | Awesome Tumblr #1, Awesome Tumblr #2 FOLLOW for the best dashboard!

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

You can't buy love. Paying someone to go out with you is basically prostitution. Nothing wrong with prostitutes, but if you're looking for a REAL relationship, don't do it.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

Blog Entries

Lol, I've changed my mind, and decided that I'm gonna gather all my guts together and tell my crush that I like him that I have crush on him. I'm planning to do it after school when we take the bus (we take it together) and try to start a conversation before I tell him. Only problem is, if I screw up then I won't have any way to excuse myself, mean there is no room for error. Damn. Better start getting ready.
    Last edited by Comrade Zhenya; 12th April 2013 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Mixed up 'her' with 'him' derp
    "Center, I have that little fuc... FOKKER in sight!" | Awesome Tumblr #1, Awesome Tumblr #2 FOLLOW for the best dashboard!

Insert Custom User Title exordia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ☆♪Meloetta♪☆ View Post
    Lol, I've changed my mind, and decided that I'm gonna gather all my guts together and tell my crush that I like him that I have crush on her. I'm planning to do it after school when we take the bus (we take it together) and try o start a conversation before I tell him. Only problem is, if I screw up then I won't have any way to excuse myself, mean there is no room for error. Damn. Better start getting ready.
    I wish you the best of luck!

I've confessed quite a few times. Some times got rejected, other times the feelings were mutual. I have also rejected other people sometimes, it felt really bad, almost as bad as being rejected, but things never got akward between me and anyone. Well... I think on of my ex-girlfriends started to avoid me somewhat, though it dint't last all that long. What I learned from all of this was:

1-Don't say "I love you" right out of the bat. It leaves people unconfortable. Just tell them you like them. Also don't take things too fast, for the same reason.

2-Don't tell ANYONE who your crush is. Seriously, unless it's someone that you can REALLY trust, don't do it. If word spreads, things get needlessly complicated.

3-If you have to reject someone, just acknowledge their feelings, tell them how you feel about it and be done with it. Don't strech things out or ridicule them. There's no need to make a painful thing even more painful.

Anyways, I've had a crush on one of my female colleagues at school for quite a few months. We've known each other for years now, and I always thought of her as being superior to other girls, but it was only recently that I got struck by love. Lately, I've been sending her signals that I like her (I try to make them really obvious) and I'm pretty sure she likes me too and she would accept me if I told her how I feel, but... I just can't tell her. Either because she is always surrounded by her friends (since we're only with each other at school, I don't have a very active social life), or because I lack the courage to do so. Like, this one time, we were walking home from school, completely alone. It was the perfect opportunity. But when the time came, I just stood there as she walked away, struggling to utter the words... What a coward, huh?

I convinced myself there would be other times to do it, but so far, no good. I came up with a plan though: She has been having bad grades in English class, and since I'm pretty good at it, I'm going to invite her to come to my house to study. Perhaps the privacy of my room will allow me to confess to her. And she'll improve her grades on top of that. Now if she just says yes...

What do you guys think?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by exordia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ☆♪Meloetta♪☆ View Post
    Lol, I've changed my mind, and decided that I'm gonna gather all my guts together and tell my crush that I like him that I have crush on her. I'm planning to do it after school when we take the bus (we take it together) and try o start a conversation before I tell him. Only problem is, if I screw up then I won't have any way to excuse myself, mean there is no room for error. Damn. Better start getting ready.
    I wish you the best of luck!

I've confessed quite a few times. Some times got rejected, other times the feelings were mutual. I have also rejected other people sometimes, it felt really bad, almost as bad as being rejected, but things never got akward between me and anyone. Well... I think on of my ex-girlfriends started to avoid me somewhat, though it dint't last all that long. What I learned from all of this was:

1-Don't say "I love you" right out of the bat. It leaves people unconfortable. Just tell them you like them. Also don't take things too fast, for the same reason.

2-Don't tell ANYONE who your crush is. Seriously, unless it's someone that you can REALLY trust, don't do it. If word spreads, things get needlessly complicated.

3-If you have to reject someone, just acknowledge their feelings, tell them how you feel about it and be done with it. Don't strech things out or ridicule them. There's no need to make a painful thing even more painful.

Anyways, I've had a crush on one of my female colleagues at school for quite a few months. We've known each other for years now, and I always thought of her as being superior to other girls, but it was only recently that I got struck by love. Lately, I've been sending her signals that I like her (I try to make them really obvious) and I'm pretty sure she likes me too and she would accept me if I told her how I feel, but... I just can't tell her. Either because she is always surrounded by her friends (since we're only with each other at school, I don't have a very active social life), or because I lack the courage to do so. Like, this one time, we were walking home from school, completely alone. It was the perfect opportunity. But when the time came, I just stood there as she walked away, struggling to utter the words... What a coward, huh?

I convinced myself there would be other times to do it, but so far, no good. I came up with a plan though: She has been having bad grades in English class, and since I'm pretty good at it, I'm going to invite her to come to my house to study. Perhaps the privacy of my room will allow me to confess to her. And she'll improve her grades on top of that. Now if she just says yes...

What do you guys think?

Thanks! That plan is top notch; depends on if she'll fall for it.

And like you, I have also devised a plan and it involves the bus you see, as we take the bus together, and I was gonna tell hikm last week on Friday, but great job, he dad comes and picks him up. Same thing today.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast