Confession problems?? - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 49
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Confession problems??

  1. #16
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: Confession problems??

    Quote Originally Posted by Glitchipedia View Post
    Yesterday, I finally got up the nerve to confess to this girl I've known all my life. It was a bit awkward....I had to force the words out quickly so I wouldn't have a chance to chicken out, and it came out like "RachelIloveyou."

    Her reaction was....disturbingly ambiguous. She seemed taken aback at first, then once I explained myself, she was like "D'aww, that's so sweet!"

    Problem is, I'm pretty sure she already has a boyfriend....I would have waited a little longer, but she's really hard to get a hold of, so I didn't think I'd get another chance and figured I should say something while I knew I still could.

    I did actually tell her something to the effect of, "I don't expect this to change anything....I just thought you had a right to know."

    To which she just replied, "Well, thank you for telling me."

    So I don't know if she was just happy that I was brave enough/I trust her enough to be totally honest with her, if what I said actually made her feel loved, or if....she might actually like me back. What do?
    First of all, never ever ever ever confess by saying "I love you." That is something you say well into a relationship when you feel you want to stay together for a long time. This applies to everyone who doesn't know how to tell someone how they feel. Even if you do think you're in love with the person, hold off, because saying "I love you" in any situation is absolutely coming on too strong.

    Second of all, she doesn't like you back, otherwise she would have told you. Sorry. =(
    Karma Kidd and yourlilemogirl like this.
    That's nice.

  2. #17
    Gen IV + V RNGer istore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    454
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Confession problems??

    Just today I asked the girl what she thought of us. She said she thought there was something more but she just took a break from a secret relationship no one fucking knew about and is probably going back to him. So I had no idea and was led on for the longest time. Tomorrow I'm just going to confess how hurt I was by all of this. And no I won't publicly share how the rest of it goes.

    Retired RNGer. May pick up again in the future.
    What

  3. #18
    Good Bad Bug Glitchipedia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Knight Pokémon University
    Posts
    2,470
    Blog Entries
    30
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

    Default Re: Confession problems??

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKnittingno. View Post
    First of all, never ever ever ever confess by saying "I love you." That is something you say well into a relationship when you feel you want to stay together for a long time. This applies to everyone who doesn't know how to tell someone how they feel. Even if you do think you're in love with the person, hold off, because saying "I love you" in any situation is absolutely coming on too strong.
    I disagree entirely. My first girlfriend confessed to me with those three magic words, and we were quite happy for a while after that (ironically, it was my commitment to her that ultimately killed the relationship). Furthermore, Rachel and I have known each other so damn long, I'd be surprised if the thought "I should have seen that coming from a mile away" never crossed her mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKnittingno. View Post
    Second of all, she doesn't like you back, otherwise she would have told you. Sorry. =(
    She doesn't not like me back either, otherwise she would have told me. In all likelihood, she's just undecided. I'll just have to wait and see if she brings it up again.

    YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

  4. #19
    Vile Insect. RaccoonGoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    [REDACTED]
    Posts
    1,623
    Blog Entries
    346
    Follow RaccoonGoon On Twitter
    Visit RaccoonGoon's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Confession problems??

    Never have, never will.

    Foreveralone.jpg.
    Idon'tgiveafuck.jpg

  5. #20
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: Confession problems??

    Quote Originally Posted by Glitchipedia View Post
    I disagree entirely.
    Then you're wrong.

    She doesn't not like me back either, otherwise she would have told me. In all likelihood, she's just undecided. I'll just have to wait and see if she brings it up again.
    If you already think you know exactly what was going on, then why did you post asking for advice?
    That's nice.

  6. #21
    Good Bad Bug Glitchipedia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Knight Pokémon University
    Posts
    2,470
    Blog Entries
    30
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

    Default Re: Confession problems??

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKnittingno. View Post
    Then you're wrong.
    Nice job disregarding my entire argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKnittingno. View Post
    If you already think you know exactly what was going on, then why did you post asking for advice?
    Because I panicked? Is that unusual for someone who just confessed?

    YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

  7. #22
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: Confession problems??

    Quote Originally Posted by Glitchipedia View Post
    Nice job disregarding my entire argument.
    Thank you, I appreciate the concession.

    Because I panicked? Is that unusual for someone who just confessed?
    Well then you're free to edit your post and I'll gladly delete mine.
    That's nice.

  8. #23
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    kakariko village
    Posts
    216
    Blog Entries
    136

    Default Re: Confession problems??

    i normally wouldn't confess my attraction to anyone when i was in high school, it would happen to me -_-; not to be conceded but like yeahh. but then once i got out of high school and gain some confidence i tell people straight up (mostly just this one girl) that i fucking love her and would do anything in this world to make her smile. but all she says is ok usually.... oh well. persistence!

  9. #24
    Paint it black OverlordRuby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Where idiots reign
    Posts
    779
    Blog Entries
    121
    Add OverlordRuby on Facebook
    Follow OverlordRuby on Tumblr

    Default Re: Confession problems??

    I'd like to tell this one guy that sits next to me in band and science, but I don't think I will. But he's really nice and really funny. Once in science we were talking about denatured alcohol and he asked the teacher if it was possible to remove the chemicals that are put in alcohol to denature it by boiling the chemicals away, and we both laughed because it'd be a way for someone under 21 to get alcohol. ^_^ Also, his birthday was last week so as a joke I'm going to give him a late present of pencils. It's funny because he always asks me if he can borrow one and he brings in pencils too so he can repay the debt.

    I'd really like for him to like me back.

  10. #25
    President of everything. Headless Whoreman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    592
    Blog Entries
    32

    Follow Headless Whoreman on Tumblr Visit Headless Whoreman's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Confession problems??

    I would confess, but I don't take rejection well. And this girl is something different, so that would probably make my head explode from sadness.

  11. #26
    Beast Mode!!! WebMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,104
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Confession problems??

    There are one or two that I'd like to confess to, but I don't know how they'd take it. I kinda avoid girls I like (which is contrary to what I'm supposed to do XD) because I fear I might creep them out if they see me hang around them too frequently. Rejection isn't the greatest feeling in the world either.
    URPG Member, Approver, Senior Referee, Grader, Ranger and Judge

    Logs
    Referee, Grader, Judge, Ranger
    AIM: WebDragoon1337

  12. #27
    Paint it black OverlordRuby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Where idiots reign
    Posts
    779
    Blog Entries
    121
    Add OverlordRuby on Facebook
    Follow OverlordRuby on Tumblr

    Default Re: Confession problems??

    Sort of as a shout-out to everyone:

    Why does everyone make it so hard to confess that you like someone? Why do we all get so nervous about it? People are just cruel these days. They always laugh at you when you tell them that you love them. Why can't people just be courteous and just say, "No, sorry." Or maybe say "Yes" and go on one solitary date with you just to see what it's like? Why can't we all just be a little more accepting? The world would be such a better case if we all were...
    WebMaster likes this.

  13. #28
    Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Rage City
    Posts
    1,212
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Confession problems??

    I confessed twice.

    The first time, some jerk spoiled her and everything was screwed. Then I got the "we can stay as friends" phrase of death, yay!

    The next time, we were already dating for a couple of months and I said I loved her... shortly after that, she dumped me because she realized the relationship was becoming asymmetrical and she didn't want to hurt me more. She didn't even friendzone me, she said me "we can't be friends right now, it's going to be weird"... not the best girl I've ever met, but probably the sincerest girl I'll ever meet.

    Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

  14. #29
    A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    By the banks of the River Charles
    Posts
    3,577
    Blog Entries
    35

    Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

    Default Re: Confession problems??

    This is the best advice I've ever read on getting over your nerves and asking out somebody you like. While it is directed at lesbians (the audience for the site), the advice works for everybody regardless of sexuality:
    Autostraddle — Rejection 101: A Lesbian’s Guide To Getting Turned Down, Keeping Your Head Up

    It helped me get over my nerves and ask out my crush of two years/best friend a few months ago. We dated for a few months; we're no longer together, but still good friends.
    The way to think about it is that it's always better to know than to be lost in uncertainty. Even if you get rejected, after the initial hurt you'll realize it's still better because then you can move on to somebody else who actually might want to be with you, rather than pine away after a lost cause.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magmarashi View Post
    Sort of as a shout-out to everyone:

    Why does everyone make it so hard to confess that you like someone? Why do we all get so nervous about it? People are just cruel these days. They always laugh at you when you tell them that you love them. Why can't people just be courteous and just say, "No, sorry." Or maybe say "Yes" and go on one solitary date with you just to see what it's like? Why can't we all just be a little more accepting? The world would be such a better case if we all were...
    I don't know how old you are, but I've found that the risk of a really cruel rejection gets less and less true as you get older.
    If you've never been on the receiving end of an unrequited crush, you might not know that it can often be just as much, if not more, awkward as being the one with the crush - especially if the person is really obvious, but not being direct, so you're not sure how they'd react if you explicitly turned them down. So just like when you're the one with the crush, it often takes life experience and emotional maturity beyond what many teenagers have to properly deal with it.
    When I was in high school, a boy I'd had a crush on for a very long time and was my friend found out, and he was a complete jerk to me about it. Throughout college, I was always afraid to tell the people I liked that I had a crush on them, because I was afraid they'd react that way. But I learned this wasn't the case; there's a lot of maturing that happens in those years that makes people better equipped to deal with these situations. Most people by that point have been on both ends of the unrequited crush, and will have sympathy for you even if they really don't want to date you. They've had their hearts broken and they don't want to put somebody else through any more of that misery than is necessary.
    Last edited by Misato Katsuragi; 2nd April 2012 at 01:22 AM.

    Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

  15. #30
    Spider say Burp! Stardust Crusaders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Land of the Sheep
    Posts
    166
    Follow Stardust Crusaders On Twitter Add Stardust Crusaders on Facebook

    Default Re: Confession problems??

    I've never been rejected, because I only ask them out after I'm 100% sure they like me (usually because I get my friend to talk to them in secret and find out if they like me)

    However, I did have to confess my love to my guy friend twice, because he completely forgot the first time. Or maybe he thought I was joking... seeing as I tell all my friends I love them, and I said it to him and he replied with "no you don't" so I thought 'Fuck it, might as well tell him' - and then I just replied with "Actually, I kinda actually love you". He didn't seem to care so much, then a few weeks later I reminded him of it, and he didn't remember. So I had to tell him again. Got almost no response again, so I asked him if he felt awkward and he said that he didn't. Then a few weeks later he came over to my house because I needed help filming for my coursework and he was acting more lovey to me (We've always had this kinda weird slightly romantic friendship where people would always ask us if we're dating) and I tried to think nothing of it (I kept joking about how I must've 'broken him') but then when I was upset once, he came over to my house and I ended up kissing him and thus it began. It all went better than expected, considering that's the first time I've ever admitted to liking someone expecting rejection, and the first time I've ever not relied on my friends help.
    Captain Crash & The Beauty Queen from Mars

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •