Cheating: Is It Forgivable? - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Cheating: Is It Forgivable?

gone.
    Blog Entries

Visit Lord Apex's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Cheating: Is It Forgivable?

Me personally wouldn't forgive cheating. Relationships are between two people not three. (Unless three people are happy with having a three way relationship) trust is a main factor in a relationship I wouldn't trust my partner if she cheated on me.

Claims Lightning and Isaac Clarke

Cheating is just one of those things. It's not only a big misuse of trust, but also putting your partner in direct danger. What if the person you cheated with had an STD?

I don't think I could really ever forgive something like that. Maybe if the person that cheated on me had the brass balls to tell me right after it happened, but in no other way would I even consider the chance of forgiving such a person.
    But then again, I'm not the relationship-kind-of-guy, so I don't even really have to worry about this stuff. ;}
    White Crow likes this.
    They will make pigs of you all and they will bury their snouts into your ribs and they will eat your hearts.

Blog Entries
    Follow Saeyru On Twitter

I would try to forgive, but there's no guarantee that I would. There's a reason for everything that occurs, and I would like to know why my partner would cheat on me, etc. When you put that much trust in a person and they go out and shatter that trust, then I personally find something like that incredibly hard to forgive, and I think I would have significant trouble seeing that person in the same way ever again. In that sense, I don't think the relationship would really work out because I'd be too paranoid if they would cheat again.

Blog Entries

I think I would be scared it would happen again.

Proud claimer of Sylveon, She is a sneaky Magician who
    loves to pounce out of nowhere and Nuzzle me!
    ♡♥♡5 Signatures! Only 499,995 to go!♡♥♡
    US EBAY SELLERS BEWARE!

Younger people tend to express the opinion that cheating is absolutely unforgivable. Mature people tend to realize that sometimes it's not a simple black and white issue (many of whom used to hold the absolute opinion that it was unforgivable).

For me? I dunno. I guess it depends... on a lot of things.

Registered User The Reclaimer Kid's Avatar

Cheating is absolutely forgivable.
    You just have to talk with your partner about it, why they did it and if they are sincere give them another chance.

People make mistakes sometimes

Hero of the South Beausoleil's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Beausoleil on Facebook
    Follow Beausoleil on Tumblr

It depends on the person, the nature of the cheating, and history. I dunno if I'd be able to forgive it... but it all depends.

"Aphrodite Lady" LavenderTownGhost's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Like the OP, I just don't know if I could forgive someone who cheats on me. My first thought would be "I thought you loved me?" That said, as Jabberwocky mentioned, it would depend on the nature of the cheating. Certain situations may be understandable I suppose, such as an abusive relationship. But someone who just flat out cheats in a seemingly good relationship would be quite hard to forgive.
    "Every day is Halloween!"

"I look spooky, but I'm really nice!" -Sharon Needles

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    Cheating is just one of those things. It's not only a big misuse of trust, but also putting your partner in direct danger. What if the person you cheated with had an STD?
    This is totally true.

Don't think I can truly forgive the person, but everything depends..
    As I always say, I can forgive but I don't forget. Even if I somehow forgive the cheater my trust is broken as well as the relationship.

Pokémon Y FC: 2723-9410-4398 Dragon Type:

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No i dont think i could ever find it to forgive someone for cheating on me. i feel that if you feel that strongly about someone else, i would rather you break up with me instead of going behind my back. if i ever find solid proof that a GF/wife ever cheats on me, the relationship would be over and if i was married, then i would be filing for divorce ASAP. excuses like her having low self esteem to the point she wants to cheat, the thrill of cheating, being hypersexual, the "i didnt mean to hurt you"/ "i didnt know what i was doing" crocodile tear remarks, or any other excuse she can come up with. I do belive in second chances HOWEVER, Cheating doesn't qualify as an offense to be considered worthy of a second chance.

TL:DR

If you cheat on me, then i will say Sayonara and never look back

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234