Cheating: Is It Forgivable? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Cheating: Is It Forgivable?

追放されたバカ

Default Re: Cheating: Is It Forgivable?

Um, no. That's why there's something called breaking up. If a person in a relationship isn't satisfied with their relationship, he/she can always end it or try to talk it out. I think one of the major problems that arise in a relationship is that there isn't enough heart to heart communication. Cheating doesn't make either party happy in the end.

Blog Entries
    Add OverlordRuby on Facebook
    Follow OverlordRuby on Tumblr

Yes, because I'm an idiot who would lose the only girl/boyfriend I would ever had if I dumped him/her because they were cheating on me.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

iif i found out a future girlfriend cheated on me then at that moment she can hit the road and find someone else. so no.

Well....since the mod didnt appreciate the witty humor in my last post.........
    Simply answer: No
    Complex answer: Still no, but if it's someone really significant, you might find it in your heart to forgive them if they're sincerely apologetic.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    I don't understand how hard it is to stay with ONE person you're with. Like is it destroying you that you can't screw this chick and this chick because you're with this other girl? If so then don't be in relationships because you obviously are way too horny for multiple people to have that one special person that you 'love'.
    i am not taking sides for or against you, but i would like to point out that cheating is not always for sex.

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

I don't think it's forgiveable in most cases, but under some circumstances then I think it can be acceptable. If the person is really that in love with the other person and is at least apologetic for what they did, explained why they did it, and had a valid excuse, then I think it can be forgiven. If you really loved the person then I suppose it'd be very hard getting over it, but if you can find it in your heart to forgive them, well, then, that makes you the better person for not bearing a grudge, right?

Blog Entries

To speak generally: No.
    To speak specifically: It would depend on the circumstances.

Cheating isn't a one-size-fits-all kind of deal, as it comes in a wide ranges of varieties and flavors. Some cheats are signs that one has no respect or consideration for their partner, while others may simply be breakdowns in the relationship itself. Maybe one is seeking extra companionship because their partner is constantly away and their social needs are being neglected? Maybe one is being naively flirtatious with a friend? Not all cheating has to deal with sex, a lot of it can simply be defined as not being dedicated to their partner.

But in general, if you have to ask, the answer is "No." There are plenty of other people out there who would be interested in getting to know you.

Blog Entries

Depends on the circumstances. Personally, I don't think I could forgive someone. Not because of the act itself but just because of the lack of trust i'd have in them from there on out. I know girls that stay with their boyfriends even though they cheat all the time. I just don't understand why they'd do that to themselves.

Blog Entries

No no, goodness no. If I can't trust my partner to stay loyal to me then chances are the relationship just won't work out. If my boyfriend ever cheated, I doubt I'd be able to see him the same way again. :(
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

Registered User DarkestSacredHeart's Avatar

I see cheating as either 1. You have no commitment or 2. Your Relationship is lacking and you need someone esle
    In the latter,id forgive but theyd had to go into Couples Rehab

Blog Entries

From personal experience No, I'm not a very forgiving person to begin with and when someone I loved betrayed my trust like that well... no I can't forgive and don't believe I could ever forgive. I'm not perfect or the easiest person to love but no one deserves that pain. I would have rather the relationship had just ended.
    Last edited by Venom; 27th May 2013 at 01:18 PM.
    Is there anything worse than being all alone in the night?

Yes... being all alone in a crowd.

I think it depends on the circumstances/situation since there are probably many reasons why someone would cheat. Sometimes, when the relationship becomes rocky, and you become too close with another person and you will accidentally cross the line. This actually happened to a girl I know. Her boyfriend cheated on her with another girl (no sex, just kissing) when their relationship was going downhill, though the girl eventually forgave him and worked things out in the end. Though I don't doubt there are some people who will intentionally find someone to cheat.

Personally, I think I will be hurt when someone do this to me, and I will become extremely vindictive and then move on after a while. For me, cheating doesn't just mean hooking up with another girl; it means you have completely violated my trust in you and I'm not sure if you could ever gain it back.
    Cloud. Blaze. Earth. Leaf. Storm. Sun.
    "Fuck you! I'm a Holy Knight!"

Blog Entries

Well, under almost any circumstances, no. Maybe if he (or she I guess) was somehow under mind control.
    Extended Sig | URPG Character

BLUE: The color of sarcasm!
    Brought to you by Frummagem, Inc.

Mörë kvlt thän thöv Kane Dunestorm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kane Dunestorm On Twitter Add Kane Dunestorm on Facebook Add Kane Dunestorm on Google+
    Add Kane Dunestorm on Linkedin Follow Kane Dunestorm on Tumblr Follow Kane Dunestorm on Flickr Visit Kane Dunestorm's Youtube Channel

Forgivable as in keeping the relationship alive? No. Forgivable as in remaining platonic friends? Yes, but there would still be trust issues that need to be worked out.

YouTube | Tumblr | Dunestorm.com
    I play Pokémon Y! My Friend Code is: 4983-5814-6366

The spirit of all absols The absolis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The absolis on Tumblr

Honestly it depends entirely on how you see the world. I for one see cheating as a left over instinct from ancient times when humanity's basic instinct was to reproduce and survive. As time went on and there were more people the reproduce became less important but it was never completely wiped out of our instincts. So, in short I see it as a biological trait that is hidden within people that while small does show up every once in a while. So yes it is if you see it through that standpoint. Of course it is still small and easily pushed away so it is also no if you see it by that standpoint.

banner stolen from tumblr. Yes, I cheated and didn't make it myself.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast