Cheating: Is It Forgivable? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheating: Is It Forgivable?

Default Re: Cheating: Is It Forgivable?

Not in the slightest. If you have issues with the relationship/the person you're with, you need to be mature and bring it up, fix it or leave the relationship. Cheating is selfish and juvenile.

~ Formerly known as Kaori ~

I don't think I could ever forgive a partner that has cheated on me, it's a complete violation of trust and security within a relationship.

Blog Entries
    Follow Takoto On Twitter
    Follow Takoto on Tumblr

It's not forgiveable.

However, my boyfriend cheated on his first serious girlfriend. I think when people cheat when they're young, it's just due to being "young and stupid". When people get past 16/17/18, is when cheating is unforgivable. My Dad cheated on my Mum several times- he was 25+ though, he SHOULD have known better, which is why I can't forgive him for what he did to my Mum, but I can ignore what my boyfriend did in the past (cause he was like, 14). If that makes sense...

~Giovanni Fan|★|Silver Fan~
    ★ An Illustration student from the UK; with a particular love of black tea, cats, deer, jellyfish, octopus, moths and the colour purple ★
    ♥ Umbreon, Gardevoir, Drifloon, Joltik, Gengar, Malamar ♥ Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Xerneas ♥
    ~ DeviantArtTwitterTumblr ~

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

If in a future relationship I'd get cheated. That would be it. Tan tan, game over, finito.

It would take me a long time to forgive. But no going back with that person.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

ricochet, take your aim Titanium's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Titanium On Twitter Add Titanium on Facebook

Not at all, at least not for me. Once a cheater, always a cheater.
    If you're going to want to be with multiple people, then just stick with your one night stands and stop breaking people who actually had true feelings for you. Just the thought of it is painful.

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I believe in second chances. That being said, It will be a long time before I am able to trust that person to the fullest again. A very long time. And they'll have lost any respect I had for them.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Goddess Lyrebird's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I think it is. There has to be a problem in a relationship in order for one of them to cheat and also we have to take into consideration what had happen to lead to this. Just fix the relationship up. We all make mistakes as well and I do feel reading these posts that you just assume that cheating means that it is over and that you will not even have the slightest contact with them.

Crimson Fighter PhilosophyPhlare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think just about everything is forgivable. Though there is a difference between being pardoned and being forgiven. You shouldn't date them or even hang out but you shouldn't hold a grudge for the rest of your life
    There is patience and then there is sloth.

Blog Entries

Originally, I thought it might be... but now, no. I find it unacceptable.

If I had known before what I know now, I would've ended my relationship right then and there. I think it's possible to forgive and be friends maybe, but not be romantic with someone who can't stay faithful to you.
    My Art | My dA | My ColorsLive
    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi-kun
    A good friend will not take advantage of a situation, but will comfort you through it.

Crazy Dragon-lover. D; Tetrahedron's Avatar

Forgivable? Sure.

But that isn't the same thing as trustworthy. If my next boyfriend (whoever he happens to be) breaks my trust and cheats, I will end that relationship. How can I trust him not to do so again? How could I trust him later on (if he somehow managed not to cheat again) with money, or children, or anything? I wouldn't and I couldn't except if he found a way to really gain my trust back...and that, I think, would be quite difficult.

|Eon Graphics||Avy and sig by me|

ricochet, take your aim Titanium's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Titanium On Twitter Add Titanium on Facebook

I don't understand how hard it is to stay with ONE person you're with. Like is it destroying you that you can't screw this chick and this chick because you're with this other girl? If so then don't be in relationships because you obviously are way too horny for multiple people to have that one special person that you 'love'.

Honestly if my guy cheated on me, it would hurt like a bitch. It would hurt that much because I truly love him and I believe he truly loves me. I could not trust ANYONE after that. I really don't think i'd even be able to trust enough to be in a relationship again.

Being cheated on really brings down your view on people, your self-esteem, and your confidence. And it makes you feel stupid that you actually trusted that person.

Dr. Heart Stealer Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

I'll tell you all a story. I dated this guy (online relationship) for a few years, and midway through the relationship (about 18 months) we had a fight. Now we had fights before, so I didn't think anything of it. But I found out he had started to date this other girl irl. I asked him why, and he said, "Because I thought you broke up with me, and would want me to move on." I had never made any hint of breaking up. I was simply mad at him, and got over it. But he reacts by immediately dating some other girl? I wasn't happy, but I forgave him. He broke it off with that girl, and some time later he had made a friend who liked to be close to him. REALLY close to him. I didn't mind it until I found out she'd been kissing him too. He'd always tell me that it was nothing, she was just a good friend, etc. etc. Luckily, we started drifting further and further apart, then around the 4th year things got even weirder. He'd be gone until weird hours of the night, and there'd always be some girl showing up at his house, signing onto his MSN account and asking ME where he was. Well what where THEY doing at his house at 3 AM!? And this wasn't occasional, this was like every single night. I couldn't take it anymore. Once was one thing, but these 4 or 5 girls he was constantly hanging out with, and barely speaking to me at all, was driving me nuts, so I ended the relationship.

I've heard from some people who still have contact with him that he considers me a bitch. I commit to 4 years of loyalty, whereas he cheats on me 6 times, and I'm the bitch? Hilarious. He was an ass, and I'm glad to be rid of him. I've only had two relationships since then (second one is still on-going and has almost reached a year in duration) whereas he's burned through at least 5 or 6 other relationships. I don't forgive him. But I accept that he couldn't hold a commitment to save his life.

I don't think it is. I've dealt with too much little girls who don't know what they want out of life. I found a woman, and couldn't be happier.

Follow Ekachu on Tumblr

I think it depends on the circumstances. They way I see it, people cheat for one of two reasons:

1) The simply don't take relationships seriously
    2) They're unhappy in their current relationship and are seeking out that satisfaction elsewhere.

Either way, I don't consider cheating a crime, but rather the evidence of something deeper. That is, the cheater either isn't emotionally ready for a serious relationship, or there's some issues both parties need to work on together.

If you are married, then I think it should be worked out, especially if there are kids. If you have kids, it's your responsibility to raise your child together.
    But if it's a regular relationships or engagement, then no. Clearly there are better people out there if they would cheat on you.
    I claimed Beedrill. <3

Harukaze Doremi is my waifu

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast