DISCUSSION: Can a man hit a woman? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Can a man hit a woman?

Blog Entries

Follow Booster the Gawd on Tumblr

Default Re: Can a man hit a woman?

Other than self-defense and recreation yes.
    Violence in general is bad, regardless of the gender.

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

hitting anyone is inappropriate unless its self defence, if you hit someone in self defence or for some other neccessary reason it makes no diffrence if its a guy or a girl. none what so ever.
    Niji and 97SaturnSL1 like this.

For the title question: Yes, it's physically possible.
    For the thread question: It's debatable if any hitting at all should occur. This topic is however only meaningful under the assumption that physical violence is okay during some circumstances. Having written those conditions, my opinion is that gender doesn't matter. This is because I fail to see a reason why gender should matter.
    SnorlaxMonster likes this.

Follow Fandango on Tumblr

Yes. A man should be able to hit a woman, just in the same way that it's acceptable for women to hit men.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Add reorio on Facebook

If they want to be treated equally, then they'd best be prepared for a punch to the gut when they steal our money, give us STDs, damage our well-being... or hit us in the first place.

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by reorio View Post
    If they want to be treated equally, then they'd best be prepared for a punch to the gut when they steal our money, give us STDs, damage our well-being... or hit us in the first place.
    I....don't think punching ANYONE is the best reaction receiving an STD. I think legal action and medical attention should be the proper reaction. Assaulting someone won't get rid of the STD, and it'll only get you in trouble for...well assault.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Add reorio on Facebook

Well there's the problem in that if we contacted said female in a bar or a whorehouse or if she didn't know she had AIDS/herpes/gonorrhea/watever she's likely to not be held legally responsible. If my son had swine flu, he kissed a girl, and she died from it, what's the law gonna do then? She would've known, so I wouldn't be held responsible as a parent, and neither would my boy.

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

That's the funny thing about sex, it's a consensual thing. You'd have to agree to have sex with her, and whether she knows if she has a disease or not, you should still use protection. That's why they exist. Plus, you wouldn't want to get some random woman pregnant anyway, would you? But that still doesn't give you the right to hit someone because YOU disregarded using protection. As for brothels, the establishments I've heard about on television documentaries perform monthly physicals on their employees, and always have ample supplies to keep their customers and their employees safe. So it's not likely you'd get a disease from a woman at a well-established brothel.

Now if you raped a woman and got an STD from her, you're just on multiple different levels of wrong.
    Last edited by Jo The Marten; 1st April 2013 at 09:30 PM.

And I am bad!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Add reorio on Facebook

Many people can take anywhere from 6 months to over 4-5 years for their HIV antibody levels to show up on a blood test, even if the norm is usually around 6 weeks. Even though condom usage is suggested, and people usually don't dare screw their gfs without them, even saliva getting on your "area," or exposure to vaginal secretion/blood on an open wound can spread disease. There's no guarantee you won't catch shit like that no matter how careful you are, and if despite wearing one, double-checking that she tested negative, etc., I still got the derp? Hell if I'm letting her walk out after she gave me AIDS, she's lucky I don't break her nose or run her over.

Blog Entries

Okay, so you'll kill a woman for not telling you she had AIDS, then what? You'll go to prison for 30, maybe 40 years, and you'll still have AIDS. It won't solve anything. Again, and I can't stress this enough: Safety, safety, SAFETY. If you're going to have sex with a stranger, USE PROTECTION. There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. You're agreeing to sex. Know the consequences to your actions.

And I am bad!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Add reorio on Facebook

I didn't say I Was gonna kill her lol, I said I would punch her as payback if I got AIDS from her. And you're still missing the point that you can still catch STIs no matter how careful you are, and even if your partner tests negative she can still be a carrier. I don't want to get warned for bringing up any more nsfw stuff so I'll just say it's the same deal as if anyone, guy or girl, scammed me, robbed my house, stole my keys, etc. and they couldn't be held legally responsible because they eliminated the evidence. An incurable disease that attacks my immune system and may very well kill me before the 2030s is bad as losing all my financial backing and living on the streets in my book, so if she was the one to blame, then well, I'll kick her ass the same way I would a man. simple

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

That still isn't a reason to punch someone. Unless you want to rot in jail, with no money, no friends, and no life.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Add reorio on Facebook

If I had AIDS and had to keep myself constantly medicated to suppress the virus, meaning more of my money and time than ever would have to go into seeking both medicinal and psychiatric treatment, I Wouldn't care much about spending a few months at jail if it meant getting back. Ftr I don't believe anyone has the right to kill someone else no matter what they did (I'm quite scared shitless of death and likely ceasing to exist afterward), but if the law won't take care of this dispute or put the bitch on trial yah I'm not just going to sit on my ass and mull this over the rest of my life.

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

This topic has nothing to do with killing anyone. It's about if it's acceptable to hit someone. Which, in your case, you seem to be fine with the idea of hitting girls. Besides, it takes two people to get STDs. Maybe if you used a condom, you wouldn't have to get STDs. It takes responsibility on both parts. Not just the girl.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Add reorio on Facebook

1. I didn't bring up killing anyone until this post and corrected her on my views immediately afterward.

2. I already said it's a very real possibility to catch disease no matter how careful you are, and if I was the one who walked in the bedroom clean and she already caught it off someone else it's her fault for either not telling me about her history, or lying. Condoms aren't a guarantee (like I said), but if I made sure I did my part in all necessary precautions, and more importantly I wasn't the one who had a life threatening disease running through my blood, I'm not the idiot here, nor should I be the one to blame. Hell, if anything even if we were to (hypothetically) have unprotected sex, we weren't married (which seems to be what you're going on about), and she knew she had that in her system, she's more of an irresponsibe retard since she's also putting a future child at risk.

But yes, in my case I don't discriminate girls from guys when it comes to punching their lights out. I'm not gay and I don't ever plan to indulge in homoerotic affairs, or letting someone with a Y chromosome get near me like that, but if I got AIDS from a dude and the law couldn't do a damn thing? I'd make sure he gets what's coming to him, it's fair game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast