The Break-Up Thread

Thread: The Break-Up Thread

Blog Entries

Default The Break-Up Thread

Why don't we have one of these yet?

Anyways, here's a thread for those breaking up, contemplating a break-up, recovering from a break-up, etc etc.

In my case, I was contemplating a break-up and now I've made up my mind. I'm ending it. I am ending it because I do not feel happy in my relationship anymore--it's not what I'm looking for, and it's only my first relationship. I have a lot of time to mature and look for the person I want to marry, and my current boyfriend just isn't it. I thought I could see myself marrying him, but now I just can't see it.

So, I plan to end it tomorrow. I won't do it through texting, or e-mail, because I think that's rude and inconsiderate to the other person, so I'll see him tomorrow. Part of the reason I'm ending this is because he still has hang-ups on past girlfriends, and I don't want to hear about them anymore or have them trying to make him cheat on me anymore. Another is that our relationship just isn't romantic for me, it's more like we're just really good friends that kiss and hold hands a lot =|

How about you guys? How would you end a relationship? What reasons do you think are valid reasons for ending a relationship?
    My Art | My dA | My ColorsLive
    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi-kun
    A good friend will not take advantage of a situation, but will comfort you through it.

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

Default Re: The Break-Up Thread

I've ended a relationship before because my ex and I had just grown apart. We rarely talked, and when we did, it didn't last more than a few minutes. After I had broken up with him, I found out he had been seeing other girls before hand anyway so....yeah. It was online so it had to be over IM, closest thing we had to talking live.

The one after that I ended over online also even though it was actually an offline relationship. It was just late and I felt the timing was right. I'm also able to talk better online than I am irl, and I just didn't want to put up with him anymore. See story here

Current relationship I have no immediate plans of ending as I am still happy with it.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

Ambitious Creator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Steelrush On Twitter Add Steelrush on Facebook Add Steelrush on MySpace
    Add Steelrush on Linkedin Follow Steelrush on Tumblr Follow Steelrush on Flickr Visit Steelrush's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowheart View Post
    What reasons do you think are valid reasons for ending a relationship?
    Getting yelled at, being taken for granted, verbally (and/or physically) abused, cheated on, and so many more reasons as well. It's too long for me to type at the moment.
    Last edited by Steelrush; 20th May 2012 at 08:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Well, almost a month ago, my 1st girlfriend broke up with me over text. I actually played a part in it, though, because I was planning on breaking up with her. For like a month before she broke up with me, I slowly started paying less attention to her, which made her flip out (as I suspected) and she broke up with me. It was a long distance relationship, and it just wasn't working for me anymore. She took everything too seriously and her parents were f*cking crazy. If you've ever seen the show Everybody Loves Raymond, her mom acted just like the mom on that show. So I'd say crazy family members (in the right circumstances) could be a valid reason for breaking up with someone. Also long distance is a good reason.
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?