Blind Dates - Yes or No?

View Poll Results: Are you in favor or blind dates?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3 30.00%
  • Naw..

7 70.00%

Thread: Blind Dates - Yes or No?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Blind Dates - Yes or No?

There are several ways to get to know someone, and here's a method called "blind dates".

Are you in favor of blind dates? Do you think going out to meet someone you (probably) don't know is worth a try?

Blog Entries
    Add OverlordRuby on Facebook
    Follow OverlordRuby on Tumblr

Default Re: Blind Dates - Yes or No?

I think such a thing would be a terrific idea. Blind dates give one a chance to meet someone who doesn't have any pre-established opinions about oneself, which one be great for someone like me.

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

For me personally, not a chance. I'm not the type of person that even considers casual dating, going out every night with a different person. It's just not how I roll. So going out with someone not knowing their name, history, personality, etc. I'd have a horrible time, because I'm absolutely rubbish at talking to strangers face to face.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Well, I had a bad experience with a blind date. I got stuck with a potential pedophile. :s I just say that you weigh your pros and cons in the situation, and if you do decide to go for it...be careful. It's a double edged sword. They can be wonderful and can help you find a potential boyfriend/girlfriend.

That's just my personal opinion. ^^;

追放されたバカ

I don't know...I've never gone on a blind date, so the thought of it seems rather fun and interesting. I have mixed feelings about blind dates - on the one hand, I would love to give it a try, on the other hand, I'm a bit freaked out about going on this "date" with someone who I know nothing about.

Blog Entries

They can be fun, if awkward. It's usually a hit or miss. It depends on how well the person setting the date up knows you.

Follow lewisr88 On Twitter
    Follow lewisr88 on Tumblr Follow lewisr88 on Flickr Visit lewisr88's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Enchantress View Post
    Well, I had a bad experience with a blind date. I got stuck with a potential pedophile. :s
    Wait, what?

I say go for it, what have you got to loose? If it doesn't work out it doesn't work out. At least you went for it and you could meet someone ideal. I've been on an awkward date before and it's definitely not the end of the world.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not really the kind of guy who could pull that off. More outgoing people can definitely pull it off, but I can't. Like a lot of things in my life, I prefer knowing as much background information as possible before I do anything, asking someone out being one of those things (though I've never done it, but even then, I simply couldn't see myself trying out a blind date).

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

While I enjoy the freshness and the potential for blind dates, I prefer knowing the person beforehand. That way, you'll know more about them and what they like, so you won't have as many awkward silences while trying to think of a casual topic to bring up. Plus, if you already know the person beforehand, you'll already be comfortable with them.

tl;dr Blind dates can be good, and I wouldn't mind going on one, but I prefer to know the person beforehand.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Seems really interesting. Never tried. Probably will be awkward but that's all part of meeting new people. Make sure they don't slip anything in your drink. You might end up in a bathtub of ice missing a kidney.

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

I couldn't go on one myself unless my closest friends had thought very carefully about it and chosen somebody they knew I'd like a lot. I'm not one to date casually and I'm quite shy, so a blind date is a bit of a scary scenario for me.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~