Apathy for Love, and the Far Off Decision

Thread: Apathy for Love, and the Far Off Decision

Vile, Venomous Villain Murkmire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Apathy for Love, and the Far Off Decision

I feel, obviously, a tad apathetic towards "love" and relationships. I never had much luck with relationships, but maybe I'm just overthinking things.

Is it smart to keep looking for love online, when you can't find love locally? =/

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Default Re: Apathy for Love, and the Far Off Decision

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicious View Post
    Is it smart to keep looking for love online, when you can't find love locally? =/
    I would say to the extent that if you're not ready for an in-person relationship, you're not ready for an online one. But not if it's simply expanding your dating pool.

What do you mean by being "apathetic" toward it? Like, you don't care if you have a relationship or not, or you're frustrated with your lack of luck with it? It sounds like the latter and I don't know if I'd describe that as "apathy."

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

I suppose "apathy" isn't the right word for it after all. I would say the latter as well. =/

Blog Entries

Don't get too frustrated. I know it's hard to hear, but you will eventually find someone. As you get older, your social group consists more and more of people like you, and also people mature and become better partners (and you do, too).

Here's something that will hopefully make you feel better:
    5 Reasons Life Actually Does Get Better | Cracked.com

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    Don't get too frustrated. I know it's hard to hear, but you will eventually find someone. As you get older, your social group consists more and more of people like you, and also people mature and become better partners (and you do, too).

Here's something that will hopefully make you feel better:
    5 Reasons Life Actually Does Get Better | Cracked.com
    Thank you. I needed something like this. Being cynical ruins your life. I should know.

Blog Entries

Here's another happy thing I found if it helps:
    13 Simple Steps To Get You Through A Rough Day

Also being cynical isn't all bad, as long as you don't have too much of it. You can be overly optimistic, too, like when someone is trusting of a person whom they shouldn't trust. It's about maintaing a balance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    Here's another happy thing I found if it helps:
    13 Simple Steps To Get You Through A Rough Day

Also being cynical isn't all bad, as long as you don't have too much of it. You can be overly optimistic, too, like when someone is trusting of a person whom they shouldn't trust. It's about maintaing a balance.
    This made me lol. Thanks.

I'll try to see the light in life.