What music is important to you? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What music is important to you?

The sun? Thats the hottest place on earth!

Default Re: What music is important to you?

I respectfully disagree. I think it's a bit odd that you're into Irish music and do not appreciate the (doubtless) greatest musician to come out of the Emerald Isle.
    My dads like me with liking Irish music, but also does not like Van Morrison, maybe because he does not really do "traditional" Irish music. He is known for doing,
    Blues, rhythm & blues, folk, blue-eyed soul, Celtic, rock & roll and jazz type music, so Just because I like traditional Irish music and Celtic music, does not mean I will like Van Morrison. However, I did like his "My brown Eyed Girl"

Also I have a two more singer I like:

James Mee (The singer from New England) A lot of his songs are more around the downfalls of love I think, but I like a few of his songs though, but I am not sure why, there is a reason, just not one I can think of yet.

Terry Cashman - I have liked Baseball for a few years now and his songs are what baseball is. He sings about the legends behind baseball and his song "Talkin Baseball" is what baseball is, and his modified versions of that song give the team you support meaning.

Thanks Felly for banner

^That was close to me. Interesting

Blog Entries

Follow AJW12777 on Tumblr Visit AJW12777's Youtube Channel

Anything from Bloc Party.

Endless. Endless. J. S. Köttbulle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The stranger the better. Notable favorites include Datach'i, The Residents, V/Vm, and CDR.
    Fizzy Bubbles
    - Jovi's Lament - Fantastic Voyage!? - Mother And Child - Teenager Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Reality -
    A person is not defined by their tastes, rather it is the other way 'round.

Blog Entries

Residents kick ass!

追放されたバカ

I generally prefer music without lyrics and that includes lots of tunes from various video-game franchises, like Sonic The Hedgehog and Rockman. I also absolutely LOVE music from the band Ozric Tentacles.

Yui is so good!!! Does anyone agree with me!?

BG's PikaProtector Seth Shadows's Avatar

Melodic Death Metal is the most important thing in my life right now, besides my fiancee.
    At the Gates, The Black Dahlia Murder, In Flames and Children of bodom have pretty much saved my life. Believe it or not haha.

But I like shred and stuff too, like Vai, Satch and Gilbert.
    -Seth Sanders-
    ©
    -2009-

Live Long And Prosper... Wonder Happiny's Avatar
    On Paradise Island, playing Bullets and Bracelets
    Blog Entries

Trance and techno, classic rock, and J-Pop.

Credit goes to PlatinumDude for the sprite.

Quote Originally Posted by Spock
    In the family, all is silence. No more will be said of it. Live long and prosper, Sarek of Vulcan.

Blog Entries
    Add Charizards Burn on Facebook
    Follow Charizards Burn on Tumblr Visit Charizards Burn's Youtube Channel

Guns N'Roses help me alot with getting through bad times..

Also softer rock songs like "wish you were here" by Pink Floyd.
    << Credit goes to Felly For This Awesome Banner!

White 2 Friend Code: 0004 4607 7479 (Zaine)

I don't calculate stat values, nor do I care about natures. I just catch my Pokemon the way they are, and play the game normally. If you agree copy and paste this into your sig.

Pokemon Master in College Miki-Fan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Peter Schilling: There is much more to him than just "Major Tom". He's written intelligent songs about the environment and politics. Hell, his version of "Silent Night, Holy Night" is the best version out there

Sandra Cretu: Okay, alot of her songs are the usual 80s stuff, but her music has an aura to it that captures me as a fan

Gackt: The best male J-rocker in Japan. Living proof that the combo of looks and talent really do exist

The Cure: Hard to classify these guys as Goth since they have two types of music: Gloomy/Moody and Super Happy. Somehow, Robert Smith and co. have to power to do both

Blog Entries

Beck's album Sea Change actually made me cry. I put it on when I'm feeling down sometimes. When I'm really cheery though I listen to some Fleetwood Mac.

Hi, I'd like to transform you into a yeti.
    Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches.

Blog Entries

Usually I listen to Coldplay and Creedence Clearwater Revival whenever I have my iPod with me.
    ---The Team---

My rare PKMN Cards:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/1470679-post31.html
    My fanfiction: http://tinyurl.com/8a9st44

sorry for the future.... kakuna's Avatar

I'm gonna fly by Sydney Forest
    Hopelessly devoted to you from Grease
    How to Save a life by the Fray
    Everything will be alright by The Killers
    Mr. Brightside by the Killers
    ZONE by True Blue
    Zelda's Lullaby from the Legend Of Zelda (don't know why either!)
    Flow by Colors
    All of the Music from Guys and Dolls

1 2 3 4

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

"Bohemian Rhapsody", "Another One Bites the Dust", "Don't Stop Me Now", "We Will Rock You", and "We Are the Champions" by Queen.

I also enjoy "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter, "MacArthur Park" by Richard Harris, "Frank's 2000" TV" and "Bohemian Polka" by "Weird Al" Yankovic, "The Bionicle Music" presumably by Lewa, "In The End" by Linkin Park, and ABBA-solutely anything by ABBA!

Among many, many others.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

Blog Entries

I feel that in my own epiphanies and the ones of others, music is a profound art form to bear upon life itself. Maybe even so much so that it's more an unconscious than conscious thing. What I take issue with is that many artists, whilst having good and befitting melodious tones (as well as emotional beats as a general statement of impact), tend to mingle their good background music with often what I see to be convoluted lyrics. Combined with a set pace that doesn't ebb so well, I find that it generally mutes the impact for most songs in my ears.

As far as preferred music goes, I have many favorites with no one preference. I love classical music and instrumental music most, though. Music without lyrics, rather. I feel they're more a draw-in when you don't have to focus on what's being said everyplace (I feel they're less advertised as well, but that's all I'll say on that matter). I tend to find classical and instrumental music (along with select film and game OSTs) to be deeply placid and relaxing to my ears. Many other songs - whether rock, some techno, or even some pop - tend to be good, in my view (though more less than so, for me). Withal, two kinds of music I don't like are violent raps and Christian rock. Neither are necessarily bad and I do feel there are a few gems of merit, but I find that a glancing number of artists in the two above music forms generally don't tend to have a grasp on what they're saying (by consensus) and tend to be too overwrought for their own good.

In my construing, I don't think a deep range of emotion is as well conveyed as with music of the instrumental and sole classical genre. That's my personal opinion, of course. I love music and it's a special thing to me. But I'd have to go with the above mentioned as my sole favorite musical expression. Then again, candidly, in a way I'm not devoted to any one expression of music so much as I am to the underlying beat. I don't regard Jazz with great intrigue either, though my accolades definitively go out to the talent behind any such music.

However, so as to be briefer, my sentiments are that I rather prefer classical music above all but respect music in general deeply.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast