spectrobes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spectrobes

Smile spectrobes

Has anyone here heard of Spectrobes, the new Nintendo DS game that's released around march?
    From what I've read and seen so far it looks like an amazing game It looks a little like Pokemon but with a more sci-fi edge to it.

here are some youtube vids of the game
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euce7aZH9Tw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnMrO_AITcI

The Spectrobes website can be found @ http://www.dubitinsider.com/tracker/log/9?uid=410

You know, I hate to have to be suspicious about this, but this has me wondering if he actually wants to talk about the game or if he's a spammer paid by Disney to spam Pokemon messageboards in the hopes of recruiting fans of another monster raising franchise.

Speaking of which, do we really NEED yet another monster raising franchise?
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    You know, I hate to have to be suspicious about this, but this has me wondering if he actually wants to talk about the game or if he's a spammer paid by Disney to spam Pokemon messageboards in the hopes of recruiting fans of another monster raising franchise.

Speaking of which, do we really NEED yet another monster raising franchise?
    I would suspect the latter, since he's only have one post, and he's posting in the wrong forums.

Blog Entries
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy On Twitter Add Turtle Tamer Kammy on Google+
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Tumblr Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Flickr

*adds to ignore list anyway*
    *this space for rent*

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

Default wait, we can get rid of the user, but not the topic!

Well, well, spammer or not, we can hold up anyways. Spectrobes looks like a good game. I remember there was interest in it when it was first announced. The monster designs are neat (albeit somewhat generic). However it seems to have more virtual pet elements in it than most RPGs (giving it something different to look at)

I really want this game. It really isn't like Pokemon, and we need this game as much as we need the next RPG (because really, there are only around 5 monster raising RPGs in the first place compared to kid born with legendary power/family line or girl with a secret)

I'm just a little pissed off about this game because some reviewer or something already distributed this game over the net a few weeks before the release. Is nothing sacred anymore!? I try to stay neutral, but the developer side in me gets really pissed off with game pirating.

The monsters look nothing like Pokemon, so that comparison is out. I like the style...reminds me of Wind Waker for some reason.

The monsters are distinctly Digimon-based, seeing as how they evolve through several branching evolutions.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

I thought I posted a thread a while back, or at least came close to posting one...SPECTROBES OWNZ!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    The monsters are distinctly Digimon-based, seeing as how they evolve through several branching evolutions.
    They do? It looked to me like the Pokemon style...three-stage forms

I heard they fuse though...

But design-wise, they seem to have a style seperate from Pokemon or Digimon.

And, as I mention, the coloring reminds me of the Red Lion from Wind Waker.

SPECTROBES OWNZ!!!
    I heard it was okay. The monster aspect isn't as deep as Pokemon really, and their is no Wifi either which is a tad dissapointing.

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

It actually reminds me of Disney's style with series like Mulan and Kingdom Hearts. Though the actual people design reminds me of what disney would do if they wanted to make Anime (besides creating the super generic)

There is online features... but no battling unfortunately. At least we get some kind of spiffy cards out of it.

I still think it's kind of silly and funny that they are calling their card-secret-unlock-thingy original. I think Jump Superstars was the first to use that about 2-3 years ago.

We've had that since the days of E-Reader.

These cards are different than e-Reader. They're about the size of a screen, and they have little holes in them, which, you poke your Stylus through each hole, and you get a new Spectrobe. They'll obviously have events a Disneyland and such where you get exclusive cards for event Spectrobes.

I really hope people won't say something like "Pokémon stole the idea of digging in the ground from Spectrobes" when Diamond/Pearl are released outside of Japan.

Also, it pisses me that there was a Spectrobes party in the Nintendo World Store, the former Pokémon Center NY. That's really cynical.

I've been saying and totally agree with you on the fossil thing. That's why Disney said it wasn't a Pokémon clone - because there is no fossil system in Pokémon - and when D/P is released here, Disney will be the first to accuse.

But there is this feature in D/P that lets you dig in the underground for items (and fossils, too) and it's also controlled with the touch screen. The point is that D/P were released way before Spectrobes - but people anywhere outside of Japan probably don't know that because it is taking so long until D/P are being localized hence people will think that this feature in D/P was stolen from Spectrobes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast