Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe Trailer, Concept Images

Thread: Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe Trailer, Concept Images

Blog Entries

Default Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe Trailer, Concept Images

Images and trailer are here.

Looks...odd. And am I wrong, or was Batman fighting Lobo in part of that trailer?

Everything for this game make it look more like "Batman and the dark and edgy street-level heroes of DC vs Mortal Kombat". While stylisticly fitting, it's pretty lame to ignore the 85% of DCU heroes who aren't superpower-less badasses with troubled pasts.

Really, Marvel vs Mortal Kombat and DC vs Street Fighter would have fit a lot better, thematically.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Blog Entries

Eh, not like there aren't a million street level DC characters. The Batman family alone counts for about a hundred thousand (c'mon Bat-Mite vs Scorpion...). Plus, there's always Arms-Fall Off Boy, Judomaster, Karate Kid, Vixen, Animal Man, Blue Beetle, and that's just off the top of my head (with my, admittedly, limited knowledge of the DC Universe). Some seem less likely than others (Animal Man would work fairly well, and they could always throw in Red Arrow/Speedy/Arsenal or Black Canary).

And, yes, Marvel might have worked better, but I'm all for moving Marvel AWAY from the dark path it's currently on. It's getting to be a bit depressing to read comics (though it's nice to see Penance being a little happier now that's he's screwed over Nitro).

Blog Entries

Not a good enough reason for a new thread, but good enough for a double-post:

Superman's rendering for the game. If the destroyed Metropolis from the earlier link wasn't evidence enough...Superman's in this. There's also a link in this link that shows Scorpion (who is the only MK character, aside from Sub-Zero, to be confirmed). Apparently they're going to do an X-Men: Legends/Marvel: Ultimate Alliance thing where they reveal one character a day (or...so it seems... And I could be wrong about that).