Some Arts Of Amateurism

Thread: Some Arts Of Amateurism

Dauntless Fried Chicken Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Voltaire Magneton On Twitter Add Voltaire Magneton on Facebook

Default Some Arts Of Amateurism

Posting one because I wanted to try:

Weedle:

URPG STATS! Claimed Dusknoir! Leppa Berry! Exp. Share! Pick Up! Headbutt! Petalburg Woods Forums!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Some Arts Of Amateurism

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire Magneton View Post
    Posting one because I wanted to try:

Weedle:
    Let's start with the good, lol.

For one thing, you had a background. I found the combination of bright and warm colours visually appealing, and I found the attention paid to little details, namely the various kinds of flowers, to be a pleasant addition. Many new artists lack any sort of background to begin with, much less one with attention paid to detail.

However, there's a lot that could be improved with your work. In terms of your Weedle, its body chunks aren't evenly sized, and its head is supposed to be bigger than the other circle things. It's also missing the purple little legs on each of those circle things. Finally, for some reason the line thickness of the horn is mismatched from the rest of the Weedle.

Relative to the rest of your image, I will point out two very important things that your image was missing: shading and depth. Everything in your image was one solid colour, with no sort of shading to make the image seem smooth and realistic. As for depth, your image was very flat. It looked like you either had a huge Weedle or a small tree, or maybe even both. If you used shadows, a very important tool in showing what's close versus what's far away, you could've shown us that your Weedle was actually closer to us than your tree, instead of the way it looks now.

At any rate, this is certainly work that, well, needs more work. However, it being just a Weedle and your first attempt at anything in the Art section, you are honestly able to earn it on the strength of having a background with some detail and a good selection of colours throughout. Enjoy the Weedle, and make sure to work with some of my advice in mind for your next piece of art!

Score: 25/100

I GOT MONEY IN MY BANK ACCOUNT, FUCK A BANK ACCOUNT - SOULJA BOY

[18:11] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) nitro, you in here?
    [18:11] Nitro: hello
    [18:12] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) knew there was another cool guy in here

[URPG Chat]
    3:44:43 (silverxchrome) Nitro is attractive. Source: I'm a girl.