Snooty Art Discussion - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Snooty Art Discussion

Default Re: Snooty Art Discussion

I just drew a Skitty, it is awaiting curating on my thread, as it is edited ito the first post, you wouldnt have seen that it was updated :p :)

I saw something earlier about being able to get a previous evolution if you did not score high enough for the attempted Pokemon but scored high enough for the previous evolution. did this become rule, or was it just a suggestion? I've got 3 or 4 hours into two Grovyle drawings (and still another 5+ to go to finish them) and was wondering if I'd have a shot for Treecko if I don't quite pull off 70s.

And no, I'm not crazy. I'm just treating this like any other art piece, using it for the experience. Obviously shooting for 100, but I recognize that I'm not going to be the greatest artist the world has ever seen.

Go home Kalos rivers, you're drunk.
    My URPG Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Dex View Post
    I saw something earlier about being able to get a previous evolution if you did not score high enough for the attempted Pokemon but scored high enough for the previous evolution. did this become rule, or was it just a suggestion? I've got 3 or 4 hours into two Grovyle drawings (and still another 5+ to go to finish them) and was wondering if I'd have a shot for Treecko if I don't quite pull off 70s.

And no, I'm not crazy. I'm just treating this like any other art piece, using it for the experience. Obviously shooting for 100, but I recognize that I'm not going to be the greatest artist the world has ever seen.
    Sorry this took so long to reply to.

A rule was never really set. I'd say that at least one piece of art must feature the basic Pokemon, however the others could feature it's evolved form(s). I'll discuss this with the other Curators and see what they think on setting a rule.

Thanks. I've actually not gotten much more work in on them the last week or so due to time issues. But I'll get them done and posted and we'll see how I do.

Go home Kalos rivers, you're drunk.
    My URPG Stats

@Monbrey;

The Link in the How to Make Pokeart thread that is supposed to lead to this thread does not.
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

Blog Entries

Could I get a Seadra with one drawing of a Seadra and one of a Kingdra? Could I get a Kingdra with two Kingdras and a Seadra?
    Extended Sig | URPG Character

BLUE: The color of sarcasm!
    Brought to you by Frummagem, Inc.

Blog Entries

Now I have a really nice Kingdra painting, but it's too big for my scanner and I can't find my camera. Whatever, I'll find it by the time I've finished the other pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhem Uaid View Post
    Could I get a Seadra with one drawing of a Seadra and one of a Kingdra? Could I get a Kingdra with two Kingdras and a Seadra?
    If my understanding is correct, you can get a Seadra with a picture of Seadra and another of Kingdra provided you get enough points for it because we're allowed to go for the lower ranking mon.

You may not get a Kingdra from two Kingdra pictures and a Seadra picture because Kingdra is at the top of the ladder. Kingdra would need to be in all three.

This is how it goes for pictures attempting to catch a basic. I'm not really sure how it goes for the higher ranking mon. AFAIK you can't.

Let's ask @Monbrey;
    URPG Stats

Quote Originally Posted by WinterVines View Post
    If my understanding is correct, you can get a Seadra with a picture of Seadra and another of Kingdra provided you get enough points for it because we're allowed to go for the lower ranking mon.

You may not get a Kingdra from two Kingdra pictures and a Seadra picture because Kingdra is at the top of the ladder. Kingdra would need to be in all three.

This is how it goes for pictures attempting to catch a basic. I'm not really sure how it goes for the higher ranking mon. AFAIK you can't.

Let's ask @Monbrey;
    Yes. This.

Blog Entries

Hm, well IMO Seadra is actually harder to draw than Kingdra... So if I submit three pieces of Kingdra, and they don't get a high enough score, can I get a Seadra instead?

Hm, well IMO Seadra is actually harder to draw than Kingdra... So if I submit three pieces of Kingdra, and they don't get a high enough score, can I get a Seadra instead?
    Provided you score enough for Seadra, I don't see why not. Although, taken from Monbrey's post above, I think Seadra has to be in one of them:
    I'd say that at least one piece of art must feature the basic Pokemon, however the others could feature it's evolved form(s).
    But I have seen pictures of a Simple mon's evolved form that have passed. I would ask Monbrey for sure on that one.

Also, Monbrey, can we add this to the rules so we can have some clear guideline on it? If it hasn't been since yesterday.
    URPG Stats

Blog Entries

What grade would you give this, offhand? I want to know if I should submit it in my Kingdra entry or make something more realistic.

(The whole image is one 8.5x11 sheet of paper, so it's pretty small. I call it "Dream in Six Colors".)

EDIT: I am a grader now, but I am also partial to my own artwork, so I would prefer a third-party opinion.

(And yes, I know it has no neck fins, I've fixed that already.)
    Last edited by Dakhem Uaid; 12th June 2013 at 08:31 AM.

Blog Entries

If I'm a curator here, can I grade artwork on the other two forums, or is it restricted to this one?

If I'm a curator here, can I grade artwork on the other two forums, or is it restricted to this one?
    URPG is not restricted to just one forum; it includes all of them. So feel free to Curate on other forums too!
    URPG Stats

Blog Entries

Maybe there should be a separate forum devoted entirely to the URPG.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast