Snooty Art Discussion - Page 6

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Snooty Art Discussion

Trophies

Default Re: Snooty Art Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    This art section has been an awesome addition to the URPG. I thought it would be fun to apply as curator, since its the kind of thing I enjoy doing and how busy all the other curators have been lately. Just as soon as I finish that application...
    It's a bit of a shame this section is relatively empty, but totally understandable. When exactly did this section become open to the public, anyway?

Oh, and by the way...what program / website do you guys use to detect art plagiarism?
    Art Section only opened very recently, and given the fact that the URPG as a whole has been pretty empty, I'm happy with the participation here.

As for detection, Google Reverse Image Search - search by image and it finds similar/identical matches.
    Speed-X likes this.

Just out of curiosity and for my own future reference, where would the Curator Wages / Payments be posted in the URPG; Im guessing with where the rest of them are posted? ^^

Thanks in advance to whoever answers. :>

Blog Entries

What's the deal with usage of art works one has inherited the artists rights to (rather than being original artist) and then modified a copy of the original?
    AmericanTreeFrog likes this.
    URPG Snowbelle Leader
    Looking for: Rotom
    UFT: Depends what you're offering

Trophies

Curator Wages will be in the marketplace.

Pman, the way youve phrased that is very vague. Using material that is freely available to others on the web is acceptable; by this I mean it must be stated on/with the original that it may be used without permission. Deviantart and other such sites are NOT publicly available pieces. However you should probably expect less marks for originality if you are only modifying an existing piece.
    Im not entirely sure what you mean by "inherited the artists rights". It would seem that by that definition you could get a highly talented artist to "give" you their work. We would hope this isn't the case, as it defeats the purpose of the section. This is a way for people to showcase their own work, not just to get Pokemon and advance in the URPG. I'm sure writers feel the same about their stories.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey View Post

Pman, the way youve phrased that is very vague. Using material that is freely available to others on the web is acceptable; by this I mean it must be stated on/with the original that it may be used without permission. Deviantart and other such sites are NOT publicly available pieces. However you should probably expect less marks for originality if you are only modifying an existing piece.
    Im not entirely sure what you mean by "inherited the artists rights". It would seem that by that definition you could get a highly talented artist to "give" you their work. We would hope this isn't the case, as it defeats the purpose of the section. This is a way for people to showcase their own work, not just to get Pokemon and advance in the URPG. I'm sure writers feel the same about their stories.
    What I mean by inherited is exactly that. When somebody passes on, their intellectual property is inherited. I'd have to do a fair amount of work to make it pokemon related.
    URPG Snowbelle Leader
    Looking for: Rotom
    UFT: Depends what you're offering

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Pman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey View Post

What I mean by inherited is exactly that. When somebody passes on, their intellectual property is inherited. I'd have to do a fair amount of work to make it pokemon related.
    I suppose thats fine. I'd include a copy of the original too so they can see what has changed.

Blog Entries

Umm... does film count as "art"?

I assume that film would count as art, although I must ask how you will create a film with pokemon in it? I assume with Computer art/flash?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    I assume that film would count as art, although I must ask how you will create a film with pokemon in it? I assume with Computer art/flash?
    You'd be surprised how easy it is.

Looking at the curator test. Can you put in the info what pokemon the artist is going for. Because that would affect my grade of it :) thanks

Blog Entries
    Add Morru Magnum on Facebook

Just putting this in here: I think people should be required to put a brief description on the PokéArt they submit, like just one or two lines (or maybe just a phrase even) saying how or what they used to make their work. Most people do it anyway, but not all. It would give curators a more concrete idea on how much effort was put in the art, and it should help verify the art's authenticity.

BANNER BY Blue Dragon
    JOIN Pokémon URPG TODAY!
    | URPG Stats | Curator Log | Ref Log | Violet Gym |

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by TM40 Aerial Ace View Post
    You'd be surprised how easy it is.
    "Film" in the sense of animation is acceptable, but keep it mind it may take longer to be graded, as it isn't a common area of expertise for our Curators. I'd probably end up doing it myself. I'd be looking at the technical aspects of the art form, based on the structure of your models if 3D or the accuracy of your 2D images/sprites/whatever you use, how fluid the animation motion is, light source etc. As for "real life" film, or photography, this was something we weren't sure how to approach. A video taken in real life would, I assume have to have either a Pokemon model, Pokemon costume or some other representation, or have Pokemon added in later digitally (film a walk through a forest, digitally add Pokemon). In all these cases, we'd still end up looking at the merit of the Pokemon itself, and less of the video form. The detail in the costume, or the digital Pokemon editing and NOT the video of the forest that was taken.

Looking at the curator test. Can you put in the info what pokemon the artist is going for. Because that would affect my grade of it :) thanks
    No. Maybe that's part of the test...

Quote Originally Posted by Morru Magnum View Post
    Just putting this in here: I think people should be required to put a brief description on the PokéArt they submit, like just one or two lines (or maybe just a phrase even) saying how or what they used to make their work. Most people do it anyway, but not all. It would give curators a more concrete idea on how much effort was put in the art, and it should help verify the art's authenticity.
    Agreed. It was mentioned that doing so was advised, but I never made it a rule. I always suggest people include a couple of progress shots or at least explain how they got to their final product.

Anyone want to draw me a Magnemite, Timburr, Elektrike, Buneary, Growlithe, or Psyduck. I can trade you good stuff from mart (like 50k worth) or maybe something from stats.
    Even in death, there is no command but MINE!™°|
    White FC: 0776 8732 5101
    3DS FC: 4914 3333 8109 IGN: Jerome

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    Anyone want to draw me a Magnemite, Timburr, Elektrike, Buneary, Growlithe, or Psyduck. I can trade you good stuff from mart (like 50k worth) or maybe something from stats.
    OOH! AN ART DEAL!

I can try for a Magnemite, but it may take a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Simm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    OOH! AN ART DEAL!

I can try for a Magnemite, but it may take a while.
    That'd be great if you could :]
    Even in death, there is no command but MINE!™°|
    White FC: 0776 8732 5101
    3DS FC: 4914 3333 8109 IGN: Jerome

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast