I Tried Stopping It

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I Tried Stopping It

Default I Tried Stopping It

But I couldn't break new ground hard enough. R.I.P. PE2K URPG. Anyways, I'm moving all of my old artwork over here for the time being in case if it gets ba-leeted from PE2K.

Last edited by Gun6; 28th June 2013 at 07:39 PM.

Default Re: I Tried Stopping It

Pokemon: Poliwag
    Creation time: Approx 1 hour. Style is meant to be minimalist, colorful, and simple (like something you might see on a T-shirt design.) Partly inspired by classic Mickey Mouse.

Last edited by Gun6; 28th June 2013 at 07:42 PM.
    Monbrey likes this.
    If you want to challenge my gym, please send me a PM on PE2K or message me on AIM (gun6gun6) ! I'm sorry if I can't respond immediately sometimes. :x

Stats

Blog Entries

@Gun6; I don't see any proof of work on your Poliwag.
    Extended Sig | URPG Character

BLUE: The color of sarcasm!
    Brought to you by Frummagem, Inc.

Follow TheProtobabe on Tumblr Visit TheProtobabe's Youtube Channel

@Gun6; @Dakhem Uaid; Dak, you have to tell the person that you need a signature or a sketch as proof of work as a gentle reminder instead of simply flat-out refusing for no proof. We're here to help artists improve on their work; they will not know what they should do unless you tell them.

Gun, a simple quick signature or a preliminary sketch will provide ample proof of this drawing. Please do so when you can.

One last thing for Dakhem; you provided a curation for this drawing even though there was no proof of work. Do not discriminate or play favorites with art; if you do not curate one piece of art for the reason of no proof, then you do not curate any if there isn't any proof.

Is this any good for proof? I opened up the Paint.NET file and dinkled around with the layers and signed it.
    If you want to challenge my gym, please send me a PM on PE2K or message me on AIM (gun6gun6) ! I'm sorry if I can't respond immediately sometimes. :x

Stats

Follow TheProtobabe on Tumblr Visit TheProtobabe's Youtube Channel

That's fine :P Thank you Gun!

Blog Entries

I'll claim this !!

URPG

Blog Entries

First Impressions:

Wow. Okay. This piece of art is really great. I love the minimalist style, it gives the art such a cute feeling. I think the Mickey Mouse style is the feet? I didn't really see that inspiration, but whatever gets you to make this.

Dynamics

Okay so first off I love the feeling of this piece with the swirls and the blank face on Poliwag's face. Though it's kind of flat, the minimalist style sort of allows that to work. The bubbles are well done and work well. Maybe a little bit more variation in the swirls would be nice , but it isn't really noticeable unless you stare at it. Honestly, there isn't much for me to say, there is enough action going on that I don't need much else, especially for a Simple pokemon.

Colors/Shading

The colors on this are really great. I love the spectrum and the way they really highlight Poliwag's colors. I would've actually liked to see more of the red and yellows than the purple and greens because I think it accentuates Poliwag a bit better, but I see that you were going for a rainbow thing so. Poliwag is colored perfectly, no complaints there. The shading isn't really an issue due to the nature of the piece. I would've maybe done the shadow a different color because as is sorta looks out of place (maybe just a darker color than the background or something).

Pokemon Accuracy

Definitely accurate. I like the feet, they're very cute. I really like Poliwag's face too, it looks blank, but cute. nicely done :)

Overall

Definitely better than needed for a simple pokemon. I'm going to give this a 55/100 because of the simplicity of the image, but that's more than enoughfor you to catch Poliwag! Congrats !!

URPG

Pokemon: Ekans
    Creation time: Approx 1 hour. This was more of an experiment in a new method for lineless artwork.

Proof

Stats

@Gun6

For Ekans

Pokemon: Mankey
    Creation time: Approx 1 1/2 hours. This was a little bit of a development on my last experiment.

Proof: Now from your nightmares...

Stats

@Gun6

For Mankey

Pokemon: Surskit
    Creation time: Approx 1 hour. I don't even know.

Proof

Stats

@Gun6

Sir Skit

Pokemon: Weedle
    Creation time: Approx 1 hour. I don't have a Weedle yet.

Proof

Stats

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast