Eclipsi's Gallery of Thrills (and Chills) [Ready for Curating]

Thread: Eclipsi's Gallery of Thrills (and Chills) [Ready for Curating]

Default Eclipsi's Gallery of Thrills (and Chills) [Ready for Curating]

Hey everyone! So, this is my gallery. Anyway, warning to the wise, I might put some stuff on my DA account later...if I like it enough. It's Tetra-007 if anyone's wondering. http://tetra-007.deviantart.com/ (If you need proof of THAT I could show you my empty Stash...errr...) >_>

Gallery:

Diglett
    Rank; Simple: 40 or Higher

Now for the proof:

Hope ya like, until neeeext time... I might just go back to working on that story instead...maybe. D;
    Last edited by Eclipsi; 16th August 2013 at 07:58 PM.

Default Re: Eclipsi's Gallery of Thrills (and Chills) [Ready for Curating]

@Eclipsi

For Diglett

Hey Axion, I hope it's alright to reply here. (Otherwise I'll just give you a pm in the future, but whatever...)

Anyways, I was wondering if you could give any suggestions on a few things. I'm personally not much of a colorist, (at least not in this medium) and really I would like to get better at it. I'm just not really used to the tablet or not all that used to digital painting. It's still a little awkward... Though I prefer a cartoonier art style (I'm not a realist, I used to be, then I took an arrow to the knee...) Will my preference harm my grades? That doesn't really seem fair... But if you have any suggestions on how to make it smoother (or even how to shade more easily with a tablet) could you give me some? Saying "do this" or "do that" doesn't really help. What can I do to make it look more textured or 'smoother'? :P

It really depends on what program you are using, but there are a few basic things. You can smooth shading by using your programs blur and smudge tool. You can also use more colors than the two shading colors you used to offer a smoother transition. Textures can be added via brushes, or any number of ways, again depending on the program. There are lots of tutorials online (youtube and elsewhere) that can offer specific textures.

As per realism, it depends on how well you present your preferred art form. If the image is very well done, there is a chance for it to be accepted.