Dex's Stuff - Just testing the waters

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dex
  • 1 Post By TheProtobabe

Thread: Dex's Stuff - Just testing the waters

Dex

Default Dex's Stuff - Just testing the waters

Hey all. I decided to finally get going on some art. After seeing the Abra thread, I was wondering if I could get an at-a-glance estimate of how this would score. I know I need two and proof and whatnot, but just for now could I get a general idea?

Thanks in advance! If not, no worries, I can just wait until the other is finished and officially submit it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grovylea.png  
    Last edited by Dex; 9th April 2013 at 02:02 PM.
    Morru Magnum likes this.

Go home Kalos rivers, you're drunk.
    My URPG Stats

Follow TheProtobabe on Tumblr Visit TheProtobabe's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Dex's Stuff - Just testing the waters

Wow, this is actually very good shading and detail! Your lines are super neat and clean and your Grovyle has a great silhouette.

I would suggest going for Treecko, however. With the new rule implemented into the Art Gallery, you are allowed to try and capture a basic by drawing an evolution of it. This would be a perfect opportunity to do so! Since Treecko is on a 'hard' level, you need to earn 60 points per drawing. You're well on your way, but remember what I told Anderene:

-You need some form of background; the more depth to it, the better
    -Some kind of 'story'; Grovyle looks like he's rushing towards an opponent or using an attack, so it's a start!

Other than that you are doing very well. I can tell you took a lot of time on this.
    Dex likes this.

Dex

Default Re: Dex's Stuff - Just testing the waters

Thank you for the tips! I'll keep the background thing in mind. The lack of one was sort of intentional (it's actually got a transparent background, .png), but if that's what you guys look for, I can definitely work one into it. The second one (that one's about half done the drawing part) has a background and definitely has a "story" to it.

P.S. I knew Grovyle was "complex", but I figure if I don't challenge myself on my first try, I won't go anywhere.
    Last edited by Dex; 9th April 2013 at 02:00 PM.

Go home Kalos rivers, you're drunk.
    My URPG Stats