Creation through Destruction

Thread: Creation through Destruction

Default Creation through Destruction

honedgeforged.png

The birth of Honedge.
    Demanding - 75 required

Enjoy!

Default Re: Creation through Destruction

Hee hee... I'll claim it as my first curation.... (sorry Vines)

... just typed a paragraph about needing multiple pics and then said, hey they said they were to change the whole thing... got it... either way, sorry to be a bummer, but there is no proof/signature here. I'll grade it anyways, just saying for next time...

Look closer, its there.

PPS Please comment! This is my first actual curation; I'd love to hear how I did.
    Last edited by Dalek; 3rd February 2014 at 12:24 PM. Reason: name

I'd like to say that the POV isn't from the blacksmith's eyes at all. It's a sideways view. I don't think there's really anything wrong with the angle, especially considering how the assassin is skewed because we're not looking at the sword from a straight on horizontal. Light, depending where it is in the room, will skew those shadows too.

Also, I'm personally a fan of the contrast of the blue to the rest of the picture. The ribbon on the wall and the shiny of the sheath as well. It gives the eye a path to follow around the image. Too much blending makes things a little indistinguishable, like the slightly smudgy area between blade and hilt that does look a little strange. As far as the glow on the sword, I agree it is a little dull, but if the sword's been hit a few times, it might be as bright as the coals depending on how long its been out. I guess I'm not a forger so I don't know for sure.

I think your score is a little high, especially because we need to be more strict as ranks increase (doubly so now that the multiple piece submission rule was axed) and you did point out several things you thought were off, but then again, maybe that's my critical tendencies as a curator speaking. Otherwise I think you did pretty well.
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

Uh oh, you took Winter's job, she gonna get you.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterVines View Post
    I'd like to say that the POV isn't from the blacksmith's eyes at all. It's a sideways view. I don't think there's really anything wrong with the angle, especially considering how the assassin is skewed because we're not looking at the sword from a straight on horizontal. Light, depending where it is in the room, will skew those shadows too.

Also, I'm personally a fan of the contrast of the blue to the rest of the picture. The ribbon on the wall and the shiny of the sheath as well. It gives the eye a path to follow around the image. Too much blending makes things a little indistinguishable, like the slightly smudgy area between blade and hilt that does look a little strange. As far as the glow on the sword, I agree it is a little dull, but if the sword's been hit a few times, it might be as bright as the coals depending on how long its been out. I guess I'm not a forger so I don't know for sure.

I think your score is a little high, especially because we need to be more strict as ranks increase (doubly so now that the multiple piece submission rule was axed) and you did point out several things you thought were off, but then again, maybe that's my critical tendencies as a curator speaking. Otherwise I think you did pretty well.
    Especially high? What are you guys looking for, a full length A grade animated movie?

Follow TheProtobabe on Tumblr Visit TheProtobabe's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterVines View Post

Especially high? What are you guys looking for, a full length A grade animated movie?
    lmao, no, we aren't. The tougher a Pokemon is to catch, the more picky and stingy you should be with your points. If he'd done this much work for a Magikarp, per se, that grade would have been perfect, seeing as it's very simple to capture through art. For something hard to catch, like Honedge, nitpick away at a piece of art. Not only does it make this part of URPG challenging, but it also helps aspiring artists to improve. There is ALWAYS room to improve, even if you think a piece of art is perfect. It's hard to look at something like Axion's work and find something to be improved on, but nobody said curating was easy :P

Just like to say that I just noticed that sign in the background. LOL