GEN IV: Wanted: Hidden Power Fire Roselia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Hidden Power Fire Roselia

Blog Entries

Default Wanted: Hidden Power Fire Roselia

Hello, I am reading up on the online metagame, & really loved the Roserade set, I am hoping someone will help me get a Roselia with Hidden Power, Fire version.

I have no idea how to get a specific type of HP, nor do I likely have the time. I would adore having this included in an egg of Roselia, but I know that's dang near impossible, so I'm very happy just to get the HP Fire on its own.

Other specs preferred for Wifi battling use, but I can do without:

Ability: Natural Cure

Nature(s): Timid, Modest, or Calm, any will do, but I'd love one of these three.

How do I do EVs? I've never attempted these, & I *think* I might be able to make the time, but it'd be tricky, & does it stop after a certain level, or what?

Just a question though, EVs are *not* part of the trade request!

Offering in return: Any common/uncommon of equal, or two of less rarity, to make up for the trade. I do *not* have shinys! I can't get them either, not without cheating.

I can level up 1 of your Pokemon to level 100, via *Rare Candy **Cheats** *, i.e. get the AR rare candies & level up. If this is a legal, undetectable way of leveling up pokemon without getting the player in trouble in a RL tournament, I'm happy to oblige. I do not know if this is ok, **or** where to find out if its not. If not, please ignore this, & tell me that it is if so, so that I may delete this part & not attempt it with my own pokes.
    Local Meowth fanatic/Kittenshipper.

Siggie by Trickster44 of Serebii forums, thanks!

Default Re: Wanted: Hidden Power Fire Roselia

@NekoGirl

Do you only want an egg, or would a hatched one be OK? Calm Spikes HP Fire Roselia is on my to-do list. Just so you are aware, I will use RNG abuse to get the IVs on this Roselia to be the best they can be for HP Fire 70. I may also do a Timid or Modest one if I have the time, since the Calm one is for defensive Spiking sets and Timid or Modest would be a special attacker...not to mention Spikes isn't compatible with Sleep Powder / Leaf Storm. Anyway, let me know if you're interested and I'll send you a copy when I'm finished making them.
    Banner courtesy of TwilightBlade

Blog Entries

Ooh, thank you very much! I'd love that- RNG's absolutely fine, I just don't want to run into problems if I should ever manage an official, RL tournament, so long as its non-dis-qualifying, I'm as happy as can be with this idea.

What I'm going for: Roserade (B/W) - Smogon University (using the B/W attack set, but with modifications to match HGSS restrictions)

I'm noticing all movesets include the Timid nature, so if you need a specific one, that's plenty fine, I have more options this way. Definitely Natural Cure for the ability. Egg/caught, either way's alright- I plan to stick one of the 6 in the daycare during gameplay, so leveling up is non-issue). If you see any "breeding" moves in the Timid sets, & have these in mind anyways (where you said the Pokemon's in your to-do list), I'd love the help in getting those.

If you'd like a certain poke in return (same rarity, or two of lesser, like the OP), I'll be happy to get it to you after Wednesday. (M-Ws are hectic as can be ATM, so its ridiculously hard to get anything done beforehand, especially if not college related)

Let me know what you desire in return (I can't do specifics such as IVs, etc, I'm just barely getting a grasp on the metagame), so I can be ready to find it/them when I get the chance this week. :)

Thank you so much! ^-^
    Last edited by NekoGirl; 29th January 2012 at 11:44 PM.

Yeah, no worries about RNG abused mons. People use them in VGC tournaments all the time, they are just as legitimate as anything else you would catch or breed without using external devices or cheats.

I'll just list the two Roselia that I bred, and you can let me know if they suit you:

Calm Nature, Female, Natural Cure ability
    IV: 31/10/31/30/31/30
    Hidden Power: Fire 70
    Egg Moves: Spikes, Pin Missile, Cotton Spore, Synthesis (from Cacnea)

Timid Nature, Female, Natural Cure ability
    IV: 31/10/31/30/31/30
    Hidden Power: Fire 70
    Egg Moves: Sleep Powder, Leaf Storm, Synthesis (from Venusaur)

Normally I'd do 2 for the attack IV, but my female Roserade parent has a 10 and that still works out for Hidden Power Fire 70. Also, neither of these are shiny (I don't like the shiny one's black bouquet anyway...it's kind of weird). You're welcome to one or both of them.

I can't think of anything I need offhand. Really, I'm just glad you motivated me to do these since I had been meaning to for a long time :)

Blog Entries

Ooh wow, thanks so much! I'll be happy to take the Timid one, seeing as I can only do a supporting Roserade with the Calm one, & I'd rather stick her as a sweeper or similar.

Blaziken
    Roserade
    Salamence
    Hariyama
    Wobbuffet
    Starmie <-Rain Dance team style

Better yet, you be the judge. Out of that, what would you do, sweeper or supporter Roserade? Its my planned SS team.

I've got a notebook to get done tonight, so I can't pull myself away from that (just barely got a chance to check up on stuff online), but I'll try to get it around Wednesday. Dunno what mom's planning for tomorrow night.

For an in game runthrough? Definitely use the offensive one. You won't get much value out of spikes against the in game trainers.

Tues-Thurs are probably all good for me. I'm usually around in the evenings 5:00pm-10:00pm. Probably not the whole time, of course, but we should be able to work it out.

Blog Entries

No; -competitive, real life tournaments. Like those you'd find in New York, & in a format that balances the others picked for that team. I'd always use offensive in-game, basically what you said.

http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/roserade/ou Just realised they had an OU moveset, & again, Timid.. I'm more lost than ever on a choicing. =P

Ok, sounds good to me. I'll have it ready to go!
    Last edited by NekoGirl; 30th January 2012 at 09:56 PM.

Oh, if you're trying to build a competitive team, you should post it in a Rate My Team forum here or elsewhere. You would need to post all their moves, items, natures, EVs, and strategy. It's hard to say what kind of Roserade you would get more benefit out of without knowing the rest of the team's strategy. I'm probably not the best person to be asking anyway, I haven't battled in a while.

Here is my Heartgold Friend Code: 5457.1624.3779

If you need either of those Roselia nicknamed or anything like that, let me know.

Blog Entries

Well gee, aren't I the lucky one? I couldn't get any freetime all weekend, then we had to replace our router last week, I forgot to mention using the DS wi-fi, right? So we got a Linksys E1000, & to my dismay upon firing up the 3DS tonight, that no matter what I do, I can't get it to connect. So..... I dunno if it can be worked on or not, I'll see what happens in school tomorrow (we have a router class called Cisco (same as the router's company name), so I'm hoping they can get this stuff working), but if not, Stables will get a return very soon..... I hope. (they better not whine about it being opened, I know that! =_=)

That's a bummer. I hope you get it working soon :)

Blog Entries

Alrighty, the "magical" school got it to work for me, lol. It had to be a simple thing I missed. Anyhoo, here are my FC details:

Code: 0776-8815-7623

Name: Stacy (I know most people ask, but frankly you could even use "Neko" or something like that. =) )

Just tested the connection, it works perfectly for it. I'm in there at the time of this post, & will keep the game next to me whenever your ready. I'll be trading a Sentret over if that's alright. =)

Alright, sounds good. You should bring 2 Sentret if you want both of the Roselia :)

I'll only be around for another 30 mins or so, but if you come back let me know.

Blog Entries

Okay, didn't know I was allowed both, lol! Thank you so much! I'm gonna go & get the other trade-in, & I'll go back in, ok? I didn't see ya on the "Seeking trades" thing though. =/

Edit: In now, not seeing anything on your end though, is your game-name diff. from your username here? Might be where I messed up.

I'll head on now. sorry about that.

Blog Entries

No prob, & Thanks again! =D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast