Global Trade Station Helpdesk & Feedback - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 101

Thread: Global Trade Station Helpdesk & Feedback

  1. #46

    Default Re: Global Trade Station Helpdesk & Feedback

    I have a question about hacked vs. cloned Pokemon (apologies if this is a dumb question, but I'm really new to this):

    Sites like Pokegts.us and pokecheck...are the Pokemon you get from those sites clones or hacks? Like, if you don't change any of the stats/moves/ability/etc on Pokegts.us is it just sending you a clone? Or a straight-up hack? And I know when I've uploaded Pokemon on pokecheck just to check them I have an option to distribute it or send over GTS (or something like that)...so is that what all of the"public" Pokemon are? Clones of Pokemon that other people have uploaded?

    Again I'm sorry if this has been asked or should be obvious, but I really want to make sure if I'm understanding everything

    Soul Silver FC: 1335 6964 5411 | White FC: 3525 9470 1419 | White 2 FC: 5415 9061 5639 | 3DS FC: 1977 0547 3787

    Friend Safari: Fire (Charmander, Growlithe, and Braixen)

  2. #47
    Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    $aturn¥oshi's pants
    Posts
    5,044
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Global Trade Station Helpdesk & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabz View Post
    I have a question about hacked vs. cloned Pokemon (apologies if this is a dumb question, but I'm really new to this):

    Sites like Pokegts.us and pokecheck...are the Pokemon you get from those sites clones or hacks? Like, if you don't change any of the stats/moves/ability/etc on Pokegts.us is it just sending you a clone? Or a straight-up hack? And I know when I've uploaded Pokemon on pokecheck just to check them I have an option to distribute it or send over GTS (or something like that)...so is that what all of the"public" Pokemon are? Clones of Pokemon that other people have uploaded?

    Again I'm sorry if this has been asked or should be obvious, but I really want to make sure if I'm understanding everything
    The way I personally interpret it is that pokemon from Pokecheck are clones, and are in all senses "legit" pokemon (unless you use the download option straight out of the site which then hacks on a ribbon to prevent trading over the GTS, at which point I'd consider it a "legal" pokemon). They adamantly don't like hacks uploaded to their site, and as far as I know, routinely go about deleting uploaded hacks. But on the off case that they haven't found one, it's always advised to look at the legality analysis to make double sure.

    As for Pokegts.us, again personal interpretation, is that pokemon from this site are hacks. Some may think differently, but this is just what I think.

    And like everything, everyone has a different view on the subject. Some consider any outside device that will clone a pokemon as cheating and thus label all clones, identical down to their bones, as hacks. It's best to make note in a thread, and downright encouraged, that you make note of utilizing these sites so that people won't get the wrong impression about what they're getting.
    Last edited by yourlilemogirl; 28th January 2013 at 02:04 AM. Reason: THREAD not threat omg >.<

    Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

  3. #48

    Default Re: Global Trade Station Helpdesk & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by yourlilemogirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabz View Post
    I have a question about hacked vs. cloned Pokemon (apologies if this is a dumb question, but I'm really new to this):

    Sites like Pokegts.us and pokecheck...are the Pokemon you get from those sites clones or hacks? Like, if you don't change any of the stats/moves/ability/etc on Pokegts.us is it just sending you a clone? Or a straight-up hack? And I know when I've uploaded Pokemon on pokecheck just to check them I have an option to distribute it or send over GTS (or something like that)...so is that what all of the"public" Pokemon are? Clones of Pokemon that other people have uploaded?

    Again I'm sorry if this has been asked or should be obvious, but I really want to make sure if I'm understanding everything
    The way I personally interpret it is that pokemon from Pokecheck are clones, and are in all senses "legit" pokemon (unless you use the download option straight out of the site which then hacks on a ribbon to prevent trading over the GTS, at which point I'd consider it a "legal" pokemon). They adamantly don't like hacks uploaded to their site, and as far as I know, routinely go about deleting uploaded hacks. But on the off case that they haven't found one, it's always advised to look at the legality analysis to make double sure.

    As for Pokegts.us, again personal interpretation, is that pokemon from this site are hacks. Some may think differently, but this is just what I think.

    And like everything, everyone has a different view on the subject. Some consider any outside device that will clone a pokemon as cheating and thus label all clones, identical down to their bones, as hacks. It's best to make note in a thread, and downright encouraged, that you make note of utilizing these sites so that people won't get the wrong impression about what they're getting.
    Ok thank you! Your response is pretty much what I was thinking, but I didn't want to make any assumptions either way.

    I know getting Pokemon from these sites involves changing DNS settings, so when people say "DNS clones" or "DNS abuse" is this what they're referring to?

    Soul Silver FC: 1335 6964 5411 | White FC: 3525 9470 1419 | White 2 FC: 5415 9061 5639 | 3DS FC: 1977 0547 3787

    Friend Safari: Fire (Charmander, Growlithe, and Braixen)

  4. #49
    Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    $aturn¥oshi's pants
    Posts
    5,044
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Global Trade Station Helpdesk & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabz View Post
    Ok thank you! Your response is pretty much what I was thinking, but I didn't want to make any assumptions either way.

    I know getting Pokemon from these sites involves changing DNS settings, so when people say "DNS clones" or "DNS abuse" is this what they're referring to?
    I've never heard these terms myself, so I'm sorry to say I don't exactly know what they mean.

    Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

  5. #50

    Default How to trade??!?!?

    How do you trade in Wifi club?

    My friend and I are trying to trade right now. I keep trying to talk to his guy. It says Communicating with "him" and stops for a bit then nothing happens. I go to the screen select trade and it says hes trying to connect with me then nothing happens again
    Friend Code: 5244 1155 9719
    Trying to complete my national dex, Have all New Unova pokemon. PM me if you wanna trade non-unova pokemon

  6. #51

    Default Re: How to trade??!?!?

    Two things:

    1. Did either of you attempt to set up a trade at the front board within the room?

    2. Something similar happened to me and another player, what we had to do was keep our Mics on and while it was laggy and got disconnected a few times, we managed to handle our trades.
    3DS FC: 2466 - 3213 - 3790
    Friend Safari: Fairy: Kirlia, Spritzee, Floette

  7. #52
    One Dream Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Eientei
    Posts
    7,090
    Blog Entries
    78
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Global Trade Station Helpdesk & Feedback

    @D558; If you have questions about trading or need help this is where you should post, let us know if the problem persists if Issac Gravity's solution doesn't work for you.
    IGN: Dolce/Nina
    3DS FC: 4554-1270-5039

  8. #53
    I'm an Ugly Flower. MOVEDTONINETAILS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Probably near an ugly tree.
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Global Trade Station Helpdesk & Feedback

    Umm... so I was just randomly looking at dittos in global trades.. (close to my favorite pokemon, I don't know why :P) and a 'latios' came up... >_>'' It's name is Latios, level 81, and its actual name is Ditto.. and yet the picture shows a latios! @_@ Is this a hack? I'm all new to this hacking thing so I'm seriously getting paranoid..

    EDIT: also the player's WANTED is Latios male.

  9. #54
    some kind of madness TwilightBlade's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,023
    Follow TwilightBlade On Twitter

    Default Re: Global Trade Station Helpdesk & Feedback

    @TaintedSakura; I've seen that before, where the species name is one thing and the sprite is something completely different. I don't think it's a hack, and it won't harm your game. All that I can find on it is in this article here. Regardless, I honestly think it's the GTS being derpy.
    trade station
    avatar credit
    ❝In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.❞

  10. #55
    I'm an Ugly Flower. MOVEDTONINETAILS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Probably near an ugly tree.
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Global Trade Station Helpdesk & Feedback

    Ahh ok thank you. :) I was like seriously freaking out since I has never seen that before. >W<

  11. #56

    Default Re: Hacked Pokemon Services (Read First Post)

    Is there anyway to remove a nickname from a pokemon? Because I have a shiny pokemon who I would like the nickname removed from.

    Would this technically make it 'hacked' though? Its a legitimate shiny that was traded to me. I just want the name gone.

  12. #57

    Default Re: Hacked Pokemon Services (Read First Post)

    Quote Originally Posted by Plat View Post
    Is there anyway to remove a nickname from a pokemon? Because I have a shiny pokemon who I would like the nickname removed from.

    Would this technically make it 'hacked' though? Its a legitimate shiny that was traded to me. I just want the name gone.
    If you can trade with the person who traded it to you, you could ask them to do it in a tradeback, but that's the only way I can think of to do it, unless there's a way to view the hidden info in the game (of which I know there's an Action Replay code for in Platinum, which can show the PID, SID, IVs, EVs, happiness, and contest stats with different button holds while going into the summary for that Pokémon), which someone could then plug in to the appropriate spots in PokéGen and make it exactly as it is, but with no nickname. But aside from those two options, it's impossible unless you have an Action Replay yourself and find a code that allows you to change the nicknames of any Pokémon.

  13. #58
    One Dream Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Eientei
    Posts
    7,090
    Blog Entries
    78
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Global Trade Station Helpdesk & Feedback

    @Plat; When you have a question be sure to post here alright? It's the GTS helpdesk for overall general questions so that's why I moved your post to begin with. And if you have any further issues or questions don't be afraid to ask. :)
    IGN: Dolce/Nina
    3DS FC: 4554-1270-5039

  14. #59

    Default Re: Global Trade Station Helpdesk & Feedback

    Hey

    I've done many searches and found a few different solutions on how to migrate Pokémon from G4 to G5. Of course all solutions involve two DS's. I think if I were to do a one time (well, one day) transfer of all we'd want to move to B2 we could get by without using the Internet by having two DS's in the same room, one with the G4 card and one with B2. Correct?

    However, we probably also want to get additional Pokémon via trading HG (mostly the starters that aren't in our G5 Dex). So, that would involve Internet access. I'm curious how you all are doing it... How are you guys solving the WPA/WEP issue across the two Gen's? I don't want to switch our router to WEP and don't want to redo any setting for current devices that access that router. I could chain a 2nd and set it up as WEP, but just for occasional G4 trading access seems a bit much... Thoughts?

  15. #60

    Default Re: Global Trade Station Helpdesk & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by spret View Post
    Hey

    I've done many searches and found a few different solutions on how to migrate Pokémon from G4 to G5. Of course all solutions involve two DS's. I think if I were to do a one time (well, one day) transfer of all we'd want to move to B2 we could get by without using the Internet by having two DS's in the same room, one with the G4 card and one with B2. Correct?

    However, we probably also want to get additional Pokémon via trading HG (mostly the starters that aren't in our G5 Dex). So, that would involve Internet access. I'm curious how you all are doing it... How are you guys solving the WPA/WEP issue across the two Gen's? I don't want to switch our router to WEP and don't want to redo any setting for current devices that access that router. I could chain a 2nd and set it up as WEP, but just for occasional G4 trading access seems a bit much... Thoughts?
    The transfer uses DS Wireless Communications, not Wi-Fi, so there won't be any problems if you want to do the transfer yourself.
    3DS FC: 4613-7040-4375 Michael

    My new favorite quote, courtesy of Cell in Dragon Ball Z Abridged episode 43: "Wanna see me drink this guy?!"

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •