Global Trade Station Conversational Thread (Read First Post) - Page 29

Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Global Trade Station Conversational Thread (Read First Post)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Global Trade Station Conversational Thread (Read First Post)

I think the only way to check is through battles. I got lucky one time and saw that my opponent used 0 PP Ups which helped me predict around their Sucker Punch :P

Shiny Spiritomb looks awesome, congrats. I can't wait until finals are done and I'm free, there's only so much studying to do before old stuff gets pushed out of your head. D:

The Dimension Witch Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by redtown View Post
    Did a quick search but didn't find a way other than online battling to check. Some of the figures that come up in battles I don't even know what they're for.

Just caught a shiny spiritomb, the colours look wicked. Also need to start playing Zelda again, finished off this terrible essay I had to do so I've got a little bit of time for myself.
    That means I'll need to battle which I haven't done in ages, phooey.

And ooo nice catch! :D

Quote Originally Posted by sharkshocker View Post
    I think the only way to check is through battles. I got lucky one time and saw that my opponent used 0 PP Ups which helped me predict around their Sucker Punch :P

Shiny Spiritomb looks awesome, congrats. I can't wait until finals are done and I'm free, there's only so much studying to do before old stuff gets pushed out of your head. D:
    Lawl I use PP UPs on almost everything that's been trained up. My opponents will love me! :3c

And I'm with you, I can't wait till my design class it drives me bonkers!

First up I had to design four compositions around a theme so I choose like nature/serenity since it was simple enough:
    o9bmakp.jpg
    Then I had to choose one of the four and color it four ways:
    zntafkp.jpg
    Do not the color wheel, he listed that as a requirement making this assignment an extra 20 minutes longer than it needed to be because of formatting.

But overall both assignments took me from 6pm-12am on Saturday and today...it's painful. OTL

IGN: Dolce, 3DS FC: 4554-1270-5039
    Entertainment, Inc.Global Trade Station
    "There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only the inevitable."

Haha very nice... very slick indeed.

Thanks man. How long have you got now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolce View Post

That means I'll need to battle which I haven't done in ages, phooey.

And ooo nice catch! :D

Lawl I use PP UPs on almost everything that's been trained up. My opponents will love me! :3c

First up I had to design four compositions around a theme so I choose like nature/serenity since it was simple enough:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	O9bmAKP.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	214.3 KB 
ID:	91923

Name:	ZNtAfkp.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	219.4 KB 
ID:	91924
    Do not the color wheel, he listed that as a requirement making this assignment an extra 20 minutes longer than it needed to be because of formatting.

But overall both assignments took me from 6pm-12am on Saturday and today...it's painful. OTL
    I had a couple of battles yesterday, first time in a while. I had just finished a team and thought it would be cool to get some experience with it, pretty fun team to use. Got a few pokes I want to breed up as well. Need to figure how the battle upload thing works, I'd like to see some of you guys battles :p

Oh... that stuff looks complicated. I'd probably go for 3, then colour it cool or analogus. Not that I know anything about that stuff.

Blog Entries

Haha very nice... very slick indeed.

Thanks man. How long have you got now?
    I just finished today and I'm so happy!! I've only had time to check the Loto ID everyday and somehow I managed to get a proper 5 IV Jolly Beldum last week @_@ Just need to pack before I head for home...gonna get a lot of breeding done on the flight home :D

Name:	O9bmAKP.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	214.3 KB 
ID:	91923

Name:	ZNtAfkp.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	219.4 KB 
ID:	91924

I had a couple of battles yesterday, first time in a while. I had just finished a team and thought it would be cool to get some experience with it, pretty fun team to use. Got a few pokes I want to breed up as well. Need to figure how the battle upload thing works, I'd like to see some of you guys battles :p

Oh... that stuff looks complicated. I'd probably go for 3, then colour it cool or analogus. Not that I know anything about that stuff.
    Yeah I took a basic Photoshop class in high school. It was mostly free time so I just tinkered with the different functions of Photoshop, I was attempting to learn cleaning manga back then.

That design class sounds interesting, but it seems long :/ Yeah I agree with picking 3 since it doesn't block the ripples, and I prefer using Cool or Monochromatic because I like blue. :P

Ah congratulations, I bet that's a relief. Yeah trying to get your school work done, but still try and keep sane by a little video games can be hard. By next week I'll have a bit more free time myself. How long is the flight?

I never even knew photoshop existed when I was in high school. It must be interesting to study and use it at a really high level.

I don't know if anybody else knew this, but today I was training up pokes at the three star restaurant and notice the price went down to 90,000. I wonder if the price goes down the more you go to it?

Blog Entries

Ah congratulations, I bet that's a relief. Yeah trying to get your school work done, but still try and keep sane by a little video games can be hard. By next week I'll have a bit more free time myself. How long is the flight?

I never even knew photoshop existed when I was in high school. It must be interesting to study and use it at a really high level.

I don't know if anybody else knew this, but today I was training up pokes at the three star restaurant and notice the price went down to 90,000. I wonder if the price goes down the more you go to it?
    The flight is gonna be around 12 hours, there are 2 stops so I'll have a chance to charge my 3DS in between.

Yeah it was fun and usually I'd just mess around with Photoshop after I finish my work. I never learned the aspects of making designs on it though, mostly we were just working on manipulating images.

Ah your Lumiose style went up, I think 90,000 is the lowest it gets. That place is the best way to make money...I also train there because I'm a bit sentimental with my Hall of Fame, I only go there to use teams that I like rather than train.

Ouch, 12 hours... At least there's a couple of stops to let you reload a bit. A long flight can sometimes be kinda fun depending on who you're with. Knowing my luck I'd be sitting next to a screaming baby for a 12 hour flight.

Never really looked in it much myself, I bet even knowing the basics can come in handy for stuff though.

Oh that explains it. I must have just been on the verge of a style level up, haven't really been doing much in the game lately. Yeah it's a really handy place, easier to use than the elite four since you just need to use one o-power for money/exp.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by redtown
    Need to figure how the battle upload thing works, I'd like to see some of you guys battles :p
    Oh you should! :D

Quote Originally Posted by sharkshocker
    That design class sounds interesting, but it seems long :/ Yeah I agree with picking 3 since it doesn't block the ripples, and I prefer using Cool or Monochromatic because I like blue. :P
    All my online classes are only 6 weeks long. But keeping up is the hard part since things escalate fast ahaha. And really if you don't meet the requirements my professor won't look at the assignment. @.@

The flight is gonna be around 12 hours, there are 2 stops so I'll have a chance to charge my 3DS in between.
    ....The mere amount of hours baffles me. xD But then again I haven't been on a plane since I was 12 or so.

And is using the restaurants really easier? I haven't step foot in any of them yet, but this would help in training up my precious mons. x)

"There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only the inevitable."

Blog Entries

All my online classes are only 6 weeks long. But keeping up is the hard part since things escalate fast ahaha. And really if you don't meet the requirements my professor won't look at the assignment. @.@
    Oh wow that's harsh, yeah I'd think that cramming a class into 6 weeks would speed things up :/
    ....The mere amount of hours baffles me. xD But then again I haven't been on a plane since I was 12 or so.

And is using the restaurants really easier? I haven't step foot in any of them yet, but this would help in training up my precious mons. x)
    Yeah it's long, but gives me plenty of time to nap/hatch eggs/read books so I'll make the most of the time :)

Restaurant Le Wow is the best place to train I think, since O-Powers carry over throughout all 5 battles, so I use Exp and Prize Money before starting. I always pick Triple Battles since it lets me have 3 of my weak Pokemon in the beginning then just switch them all out in one turn so they get full exp.

Oh here's a fun battle I had with my friends if you guys want to check it: PBMG-WWWW-WWW3-JK98
    I do hope they set up a site where you can just put a code and then watch the videos...I've just been recording them on my phone @_@

Nice, I'll check that out as soon as I figure out where the codes go. I see people posting codes but don't really know where to put them.

Recording battles on your phone, have you got youtube account or something? I know some of the more famous guys use capture cards and stuff, but I hear that stuff can be pretty pricey.

I actually just had a really fun battle there, 20 minutes long it just flew by. It would have been shorter if I hadn't derped and chose the wrong move, steel and normal move colours are kinda similar and I just lazily pressed my thumb on the screen without thinking. I'll post the video code once I figure that stuff out.

edit - just figured it out. On the 3ds of course lol.

Nice battle, just pulling it out at the end. I like how alakazam got taken out lol.

I'll up load that one I was just talking about there, it gets kinda slow at the end so sorry about that. M8FG-WWWW-WWW3-JTUF.

I should do more battles with that team, but after I finished it I got ideas for another team and just started building that instead! It's funny how fun it can be to come up with ideas though. Once you get started on a team you just can't help but finish it.

Oh you should! :D

Yeah the restaurants are great for exp/money, just get the turns right and you'll get the max amount of balm mushrooms as well as prize money.
    Last edited by redtown; 10th December 2013 at 11:35 AM.

Blog Entries

You put the codes on the VS Recorder when you're connected online, you can go there too to check the video codes for your saved battles as well as play against AI-controlled teams from the recordings.

Haha no youtube account, but my friends and I set up a facebook page where we can talk Pokemon and we sometimes post videos of our battles. I'd put my 3DS on my desk and prop my phone and record the video so I don't have to hold it the whole time. I recently organized an 8-man tourney between us and gave out HA Eevee for participating, to get them motivated for battling :P

You put the codes on the VS Recorder when you're connected online, you can go there too to check the video codes for your saved battles as well as play against AI-controlled teams from the recordings.

Haha no youtube account, but my friends and I set up a facebook page where we can talk Pokemon and we sometimes post videos of our battles. I'd put my 3DS on my desk and prop my phone and record the video so I don't have to hold it the whole time. I recently organized an 8-man tourney between us and gave out HA Eevee for participating, to get them motivated for battling :P
    Just figured it out there and edited my post, then seen your reply lol. Yeah it's a shame the game doesn't automatically level your pokes up to level 50 for the AI teams.

Nice, that must be pretty cool. I wonder if gamefreak would consider making a site to view them in the future, I would make sense considering the kind of views guys like haydunn, I'm sure it would generate a lot of traffic for the site. Managing an 8 man tournament and participating must have been pretty interesting, you never know what could come from group stuff like that.

Blog Entries

So my flight got delayed and I had to run across the airport to catch a flight so I don't get stuck. Unfortunately the layover was at Chicago and I was dressed for Miami (my original flight's layover) so I was shivering the whole time waiting for my flight. And I didn't have time to charge my 3DS, though I got a good 3 hours of hatching eggs on the plane.

I'm experiencing jetlag so my playtime has been erratic, I feel bad because I've been giving Pokemon away and I haven't been able to go online @_@ I am very unprepared for Pokebank...

So my flight got delayed and I had to run across the airport to catch a flight so I don't get stuck. Unfortunately the layover was at Chicago and I was dressed for Miami (my original flight's layover) so I was shivering the whole time waiting for my flight. And I didn't have time to charge my 3DS, though I got a good 3 hours of hatching eggs on the plane.

I'm experiencing jetlag so my playtime has been erratic, I feel bad because I've been giving Pokemon away and I haven't been able to go online @_@ I am very unprepared for Pokebank...
    Boo cold. Yay eggs? But why is giving things away a problem? Also it's still two more weeks before bank.
    My shop thread - Vixana's Edge of Reason
    3DS Friend Code - 1161 1076 8171

Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter

Oh here's a fun battle I had with my friends if you guys want to check it: PBMG-WWWW-WWW3-JK98
    I do hope they set up a site where you can just put a code and then watch the videos...I've just been recording them on my phone @_@
    Oh wow that was insanely close. xD Great battle imo!

Quote Originally Posted by redtown
    I'll up load that one I was just talking about there, it gets kinda slow at the end so sorry about that. M8FG-WWWW-WWW3-JTUF.
    Your team scares me. Especially your Klefki. o.o;

I should do more battles with that team, but after I finished it I got ideas for another team and just started building that instead! It's funny how fun it can be to come up with ideas though. Once you get started on a team you just can't help but finish it.
    And you should! Though I completely agree with you there. xD

Dear Arceus that sounds terrible. D:
    Do you still need to take another plane? Or are you at where you were heading for? x:

Though speaking of Pokebank, once that comes out I want to restart my X and Y. I'm tempted to start one game in spanish too, since I can read it...kinda. xD Heck I already have more E names picked out! Like Elena, and Emma though I'm not sure if I should just use Dolce to make everyone's lives easier. Oh decisions.

And oh yeah! Sunday I'll be hosting the #12DaysofWonderTrade on our forum's official WonderTrade account. So WT alot the days I'll be hosting guys. :b

Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast