REBURST: September 2012 "Pocket Monsters Reburst" Review Thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: September 2012 "Pocket Monsters Reburst" Review Thread

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default September 2012 "Pocket Monsters Reburst" Review Thread

This week, Ryouga wins.

Rug and Karuta, however, don't.

What, were you expecting them to put up a fight?

Surgeon of Death 捷克羅姆's Avatar Bulbanews WriterBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

Default Re: September 2012 "Pocket Monsters Reburst" Review Thread

Poor Gelb, Fraud's ideal doesn't involved him.

And wait, how did Ryouga get there? (Was he able to throw her off by moving the base?) It looks like we have another cliffhanger... I bet Fraud will blast him off before he gets to touch the statue in the next chapter.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

He moved the base - which is the same trick she used on him back when this whole trial thing started - which in turn caused her to lose her balance and fall. When she picked herself up again, Ryouga was already on the base.

This chapter also featured the characters commenting on how much faster Ryouga's gotten over the course of this trial.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Here's the cover to volume six.

Fraaaaaaaaud! I'm getting real tired of your bullcrap!

Fraud's first attack is "Aqua Emission". Written as "激流放射", "Torrent Emmision, spoken as "アクアエミッション", Aqua Emission. Aqua Emission? Sounds like a Water-type version of Flamethrower, considering its Japanese name translates into Flame Emission.

His second one is "Ground Upper. "Written as "大地(My eyes hurt. Can someone finish the last two?), "Earth (It's 2 AM, and I should sleep.)", spoken as "グランドアッパー", "Ground Upper".

The third one is "Lightning Slash". Written as "電撃切裂", "Blitz Ardent Slash (Anyone come up with a less stupid translation?)", spoken as "ライトニングスラッシュ", "Lightning Slash".

So, Fraud gets Arcades' powers, which apparently include the ability to use Bursts of multiple types.

Gee, I wonder what Pokemon that sounds like. Arcades....Arc....something, but I can't put my finger on it.
    Last edited by Eitarou; 11th September 2012 at 01:24 AM.

Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    His second one is "Ground Upper. "Written as "大地(My eyes hurt. Can someone finish the last two?), "Earth (It's 2 AM, and I should sleep.)", spoken as "グランドアッパー", "Ground Upper".

The third one is "Lightning Slash". Written as "電撃切裂", "Blitz Ardent Slash (Anyone come up with a less stupid translation?)", spoken as "ライトニングスラッシュ", "Lightning Slash".
    大地昇拳: Literally, it's Earth Rising Punch Fist (I'm so used to Punch being translated as Fist in Chinese... =.=), but I think Earth Uppercut would also do. (Is this the Ground-type equivalent of Sky Uppercut?)
    電撃切裂: Would you prefer "Blitz Tear", "Blitz Slash", or "Blitz Rend"? Take your pick.

So, Fraud threw Miruto at him (close enough), kicked Arcades' manager, and can now Burst into all kinds of Pokemon. I wonder if there will be a Zekrom VS Zekrom BURST match...

Oh look, a Daikenki Burst finally appears. Are you happy now? Golurk's Burst reminds me of Ghetsis, while Zebraika's Burst looks wrong for some reason.

Gee, I wonder what Pokemon that sounds like. Arcades....Arc....something, but I can't put my finger on it.
    You're seventy-two chapters too late. :P

Wait, what happened to Garyuu's statue? Did it get absorbed? smashed? disintegrated? de-petrified?
    Last edited by 捷克羅姆; 12th September 2012 at 12:17 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 捷克羅姆 View Post

Wait, what happened to Garyuu's statue? Did it get absorbed? smashed? disintegrated? de-petrified?

Well. This is gonna scar him for life.

And no. I was hoping a Samurott Burst Warrior to be female. And his only lasted three pages.
    Last edited by Eitarou; 11th September 2012 at 04:00 PM.

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

As I mentioned on Serebii: "Finally, Milt becomes useful! I never thought I'll see the day!"

So being Arcades allows a person to Burst into anything, just randomly. Watch Fraud suddenly turn into a Pokemon that is like super-weak to Zekrom's typing (whichever Pokemon that is) and Ryouga kicks his ass. But then I forget if element typing has anything to do with Burst battles.

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

The manager states that whoever becomes Arcades is able to Burst into any pokemon he or she wants.

Fraud also mentions that he was saving the Reshiram Burst Heart so he and Ryouga could re-enact the battle between Zekrom and Reshiram but says that now that he has the power of Arcades he doesn't need it. So, he tosses the Reshiram Burst Heart aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou
    That only works if you use the messed up English pronunciation from the movie ^^;;

Quote Originally Posted by 捷克羅姆
    Golurk's Burst reminds me of Ghetsis
    Me too :o

Quote Originally Posted by H.M
    Watch Fraud suddenly turn into a Pokemon that is like super-weak to Zekrom's typing (whichever Pokemon that is) and Ryouga kicks his ass. But then I forget if element typing has anything to do with Burst battles.
    Yes, typing affects Burst battles.

And the scenario you thought up's already happened. Fraud bursts into Daikenki and gets hit by one of Ryouga's attacks, causing everyone to cheer. So, Fraud decides to Burst into Goluhg before he takes any more damage.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Fraud also reminds me of Tabuu from Super Smash Bros. Brawl, as he can Burst into any kinds of Gen V Pokémon (I think RéBURST contains only Gen V Pokémon, so no Pokémon of previous generations will appear).

And yes, as Fraud started to use Samurott, Golurk and Zebstrika to Burst, I think there will be Serperior Burst very soon. And yes, he's a "mad" Pokémon collector, too.
    Last edited by S.S. Shadow Minun; 15th September 2012 at 08:44 AM.

Blog Entries

CHEWING THE SCENERY time in ReBURST.

Seriously, Fraud. Calm your tits.

Ok, so Fraud leaves.

But why? What was that message he sent to the world?

Oh, and volume 6 came out.

Enjoy your obligatory panty shot, or whatever.

Last edited by Eitarou; 18th September 2012 at 01:22 AM.

Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

Fraud defeats Ryouga? No surprises here, but I was expecting Fraud to utter the "i" word and then proceed to have his butt kicked by Ryouga.... (Seriously, how long has it been since this happened?)

And Yuurou Fraud flies of as a Warrgle (Either the writer has run out of ideas or is trying to make another reference to BHS...

But why? What was that message he sent to the world?
    Fraud is saying that he is Arcades, the wielder of the most powerful energy. He mentions that the world is full of suffering and conflicts and wants to bring eternal peace to both human and Pokemon alike. As such, he plans to climb up the "Eternity Tower" (永遠の塔) and wipe out everyone on earth, leaving him as the only survivor. That way, all sufferings, misery, and conflict would be gone, and so the world can start anew...

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou
    And, Ryouga finally meets his father again who then punched him (Ouch, no wonder Ryouga's so tough). He's saying to Ryouga that he has yet to fully fuse with Zekrom plus stuff about him not being alone (Speaking of which, are Rug and Karuta still alive...?). After fully accepting Zekrom with all his might (or something like that), he finally gets the turbine tail (I was wondering why he didn't have the tail in the first place...
    EDIT: Now, I can see what you mean...

Service, service~ :P

And here, I thought Homika dyed her hair and made a cameo. I could have sworn that those two are related...
    Last edited by 捷克羅姆; 18th September 2012 at 08:07 AM.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

There's a throne on top of the Eternal Tower. I must have missed Fraud carrying Pauline to the top of the tower or something. And, it's nice to see Haruna, Sabin, and Ryouga's grandparents. (Rend and his family must be crying somewhere else...

And again, Fraud becomes Zebraika and use the same attack on Ryouga again. At least, there's that new Sazandra form. Wait, did Fraud just say "impossible" and Ryouga didn't go berserk? Ryouga actually mellowed down in his journey!?

Whatever, I'll just cut to the chase and provide translations for the new moves:
    鉤爪翼風 (クローウィンド Claw Wind) - Claw Wing Wind (This is as literal as I can go
    幻惑連拳 (ダズリングマシーン Dazzling Machine) - Bewitching Consecutive Punch (I don't get the 'machine' part...
    激流砲射 (アクアエミッション Aqua Emission) - Torrent Cannon (Another move with the same reading...
    Last edited by 捷克羅姆; 24th September 2012 at 11:52 AM.

Blog Entries

Well, Golurk is the "Automaton" Pokemon...

I guess that explains it?

Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

Perhaps. Or maybe it's from machine gun because it can fire continuously...

And, I just realized that Ryouga seemed to have abandoned Miruto and Yappy on the island. For some speculations, Miruto will use the Reshiram Burst Heart that Fraud threw and flies off to the Eternal Tower to help Ryouga while leaving poor Yappy behind.
    Last edited by 捷克羅姆; 25th September 2012 at 12:40 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast