PokeSpe: BW Chapter speculation thread
Page 1 of 77 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1155

Thread: PokeSpe: BW Chapter speculation thread

  1. #1
    *rules with cotton fist* Kayi-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere, Mexico
    Posts
    9,191
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default PokeSpe: BW Chapter speculation thread

    Because what are we missing in Bulbagarden? More manga topics!
    No, really, have you seen this subforum? It's almost like... you know... Lavender Town's Tower or something. It's pretty dead.

    Also, what else are we missing? Speculation threads on PokeSpe!
    I don't want to have to join Serebii just to speculate, sorry.



    EDIT: As of the beginning of November 2010, the HGSS chapter has been declared over. The focus now shifts to the BW chapter.



    OK, let's start this topic proper. What is allowed?
    -Platinum Chapter speculation. I know it's not included in the title, but we need to talk about this too! (it could link with HGSS!)
    -HeartGold and SoulSilver speculation. Like, duh!
    -Black and White speculation. Because it's everywhere in Bulbagarden! ...and because the games are stepping on the heels of the creators of PokeSpe, so they will inevitably overlap with both Platinum and HGSS someday.

    EDIT: All new facts and topics are listed with + instead of -, which is the old stuff.



    Let's list the HGSS facts now. They're incredibly summarized, for easier understanding and adding later on (and striking down in case they're wrong):


    Nice and relevant topics of discussion for HGSS:




    Facts and topics of discussion for Platinum won't be listed, because it isn't getting published often enough.



    Black and White speculation will be listed here.

    Important posts:
    -NeoKING claims some ideas.
    Last edited by Kayi-chan; 31st October 2010 at 11:17 PM. Reason: HGSS over, BW is up on the stage and under the spotlight! :D

    2010/08/02: 4th chapter

    More fanfiction at:
    Kayi S. Rowling's Library

  2. #2

    Default Re: PokeSpe: HGSS Chapter speculation thread

    I predict that Gold will fall in love with Dahlia.

    But to be honest, I can't think of any possibilities for this saga yet. I mean, it's just kind of vague at the moment. I need about 2 more chapters to make some good guesses.
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

  3. #3
    *rules with cotton fist* Kayi-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere, Mexico
    Posts
    9,191
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: PokeSpe: HGSS Chapter speculation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    I predict that Gold will fall in love with Dahlia.
    I definitely would if I was in his place!

    ... *slaps self*



    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    But to be honest, I can't think of any possibilities for this saga yet. I mean, it's just kind of vague at the moment. I need about 2 more chapters to make some good guesses.
    Well, me neither, but I want to gather up people now. I mean, if the universe is merciful, we'll be getting the next rounds next month...

    However, if we couple up what we have from the other GenIV chapters, we might get something.

    It could be that Platinum's objective eventually overlaps with whatever Gold is doing with Arceus... Because, I mean, Arceus is probably more relevant for the DPPt arcs, given that those games introduced it, and we also got a similar pointless plot back in Emerald that is now being copied to Platinum, I think...

    2010/08/02: 4th chapter

    More fanfiction at:
    Kayi S. Rowling's Library

  4. #4

    Default Re: PokeSpe: HGSS Chapter speculation thread

    Well, I think Pryce is gonna come back into the story, since Gen IV is all about dimensions. I also think Gold is fighting Arceus because Prof. Oak/Elm told him to be on the lookout for it for some reason or the other - maybe Platinum learned about it sometime in the Platinum saga and then told Prof. Rowan about it, who then told Prof. Oak/Elm. The Rocket Admirals probably wanna bring back TR into it's prime and by using the 17 plates they'll have all of Arceus's powers under their control. Actually, that'd be similar to their plan to use the three elements of Electric, Fire, and Ice earlier in the RGB arc, except this time, they'll be using all the elements.
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

  5. #5
    *rules with cotton fist* Kayi-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere, Mexico
    Posts
    9,191
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: PokeSpe: HGSS Chapter speculation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    Well, I think Pryce is gonna come back into the story, since Gen IV is all about dimensions. I also think Gold is fighting Arceus because Prof. Oak/Elm told him to be on the lookout for it for some reason or the other - maybe Platinum learned about it sometime in the Platinum saga and then told Prof. Rowan about it, who then told Prof. Oak/Elm. The Rocket Admirals probably wanna bring back TR into it's prime and by using the 17 plates they'll have all of Arceus's powers under their control. Actually, that'd be similar to their plan to use the three elements of Electric, Fire, and Ice earlier in the RGB arc, except this time, they'll be using all the elements.
    OMG! I like those ideas of yours!

    And Pryce coming back makes so much sense! I mean, he vanished into another dimension (one that holds all the timelines, apparently; it's not a continuous, single time stream, after all), and now that you point it out, GenIV is indeed about transdimensional travel (and the remakes of the GenII games contain time travel, what else do we have for clues lying around?). We could see him again! (...but maybe not; and Mahogany's Gym has yet to get another Leader, damn it!)

    Yeah, I was thinking that someone discovered something during either the end of Diamond and Pearl, or during Platinum, and that that is the reason Gold is trying to beat the snot out of Arceus (and failing!). It could be that the gossiper it wasn't Platina-dearest, but Dia or Pearl... if only we knew where they are.

    The Rocket Execs are definitely out to make the Team shine again. They'll achieve it too, I think, but Carr will prove to be a nuisance for them if they don't kill him soon. Or, worse, I was actually thinking some days back about Carr stealth-beating the four of them, then brainwashing them to ensure his leadership. Or getting to Giovanni and holding back his loyal Execs, as well as Silver, by keeping him as hostage or something (after all, he's not well at the moment, I believe).

    Anyways, they're also involved in the Arceus deal, because of the Plates Petrel fails to keep secret (it's just like in the games!). I don't know about controlling the actual legendary, nor why they'd want to do that, but it's a possibility... Care to let your mind run wild with the idea again?

    2010/08/02: 4th chapter

    More fanfiction at:
    Kayi S. Rowling's Library

  6. #6

    Default Re: PokeSpe: HGSS Chapter speculation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kayi Rowling View Post
    Anyways, they're also involved in the Arceus deal, because of the Plates Petrel fails to keep secret (it's just like in the games!). I don't know about controlling the actual legendary, nor why they'd want to do that, but it's a possibility... Care to let your mind run wild with the idea again?
    Well, maybe TR isn't done with their plans from over three years ago. Now, we all know that the GSC were direct sequels to the Kanto games and Kanto was involved in GSC by being an accessible region. Lets remember that the manga loosely based it's storyline on this direct link between the two regions by incorporating the Kanto characters such as Red and Lt. Surge into the story. Being that HGSS are remakes of GSC, it stands to reason that the HGSS arc will once again pay respect to Kanto by referencing either the RBGY saga, the FRLG saga, or both. In the event that they reference both, I believe Sird is going to get her true character revealed, and TR will be continuing with their "Eevee Evolution Plan" from over three years ago.

    Remember that this plan involved a mutated Eevee that can evolve and devolve at will, meaning that it can become one of four given types(Normal, Fire, Ice, Water) at anytime with the help of the Evolutionary stones. They probably want to attempt this project again but on a much bigger scale. With Arceus's power, he can become one of 17 given types - plus the ???-type - at any given time with the help of the Plates. See? Red's Eevee's(now an Espeon) and Arceus's powers are similar in the manga, so I think Arceus's Multitype ability gives TR a chance to do their project which failed with Eevee and Zapmulcuno again - and this time, they don't need the power of eight Gym Badges either.

    In other words, since their attempt at controlling the world failed with Zapmulcuno, Arcues gives them another chance at it. Arceus's Multitype ability would essentially make the controller a god if used in evil hands, and if TR tried to control Kanto with a Pokemon combined with three types, imagine what they'd plan to do with a Pokemon combined with all 17 types and is interchangeable between all of them?
    Last edited by NeoKING; 27th June 2010 at 12:31 AM.
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

  7. #7

    Default Re: PokeSpe: HGSS Chapter speculation thread

    You brought up an interesting point there, actually. The one about why Gold is with Arceus. Does he want to capture him before TR, beat him, or what? I would ask "why Gold" of all characters, but he's the main hero. So eh.

    Hm, I wonder.

    The whole thing reminds me of this comic, lol:

  8. #8

    Default Re: PokeSpe: HGSS Chapter speculation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lmao View Post
    You brought up an interesting point there, actually. The one about why Gold is with Arceus. Does he want to capture him before TR, beat him, or what? I would ask "why Gold" of all characters, but he's the main hero. So eh.

    Hm, I wonder.

    The whole thing reminds me of this comic, lol:
    That's hilarious XD!

    But as for "Why Gold," I'd say it's because not only has Gold proven himself time and time again that he's an incredibly strong trainer(winning the battles he did and getting as far as he did in GSC with an unorthodox team like that is a testament of this, so is the fact that he can outsmart his foes and hatch Pokemon at their maximum potential while still in infancy), but he's probably the only available Dex Holder to Prof. Elm in the Johto region at the moment. Kris is probably working for Prof. Oak in Kanto at this time/filling the Sinnoh dex/doing something else relevant to the matter, Silver's a loner, no one probably knows what he's ever up to, and Emerald is probably still in Sinnoh doing the Battle Frontier. Since Gold is just a normal teen living his life with no real goals, Prof. Elm probably figured he'd be up to the job since he would probably be bored with the "lack of any action as of late."

    Also, I wonder if they'll make a small little reference to the whole "Pokemon walking behind you" thing like they did back in the Yellow saga with Pika?

    EDIT: Oh, and I'd also like to say that chances are the HGSS saga will end in a cliffhanger just like FRLG did and the events will be tied up into the Platinum saga. So eventually, the scene would move to Sinnoh.
    Last edited by NeoKING; 27th June 2010 at 12:25 PM.
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

  9. #9
    *rules with cotton fist* Kayi-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere, Mexico
    Posts
    9,191
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: PokeSpe: HGSS Chapter speculation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    Well, maybe TR isn't done with their plans from over three years ago.
    In the event that they reference both, I believe Sird is going to get her true character revealed, and TR will be continuing with their "Eevee Evolution Plan" from over three years ago.

    Red's Eevee's(now an Espeon) and Arceus's powers are similar in the manga, so I think Arceus's Multitype ability gives TR a chance to do their project which failed with Eevee and Zapmulcuno again - and this time, they don't need the power of eight Gym Badges either.

    In other words, since their attempt at controlling the world failed with Zapmulcuno, Arcues gives them another chance at it. Arceus's Multitype ability would essentially make the controller a god if used in evil hands, and if TR tried to control Kanto with a Pokemon combined with three types, imagine what they'd plan to do with a Pokemon combined with all 17 types and is interchangeable between all of them?
    I still don't know what they're planning to do once they can control more than two types merged into a single Pokemon, but what you say is true. It does sound like a possible follow-up from those plans from (eight) years ago.

    Anyways, what the Hell do you think the Rocket Executives were doing all this time? Trying to make a foursome work? I know that they didn't exist as "individuals" until HGSS, but what kind of explanation will be given in the manga? ...I mean, if they have some of the Plates already, and if they're already aiming so high, surely Giovanni could have used them earlier; they seem to be so efficient!



    Quote Originally Posted by lmao View Post
    You brought up an interesting point there, actually. The one about why Gold is with Arceus. Does he want to capture him before TR, beat him, or what? I would ask "why Gold" of all characters, but he's the main hero. So eh.

    Hm, I wonder.

    The whole thing reminds me of this comic, lol:
    Nice comic you got there! (Ethan, you silly, silly boy!)

    Anyways, I think the answer our pal NeoKING gave to the question "why the memetic sex god Gold?" is pretty valid. Now, I'll address that post separately...:



    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    But as for "Why Gold," I'd say
    Yeah, Gold always has seemed to be the idlest of the Dexholders... I'm almost sure that, whenever a chapter that features him ends, he goes back home to be cared for by his mom and nothing else. He may call other Dexholders to bother them occasionally, but saying that he actually gets out to do something productive (such as training) between chapters is almost blasphemous. The fact that he's currently wearing his Pokeathlon clothes actually hints at a very well planned mission; I don't see him willingly participating in anything where he isn't going against a friend, a villain, or Silver (relationship status unknown; last known status was "friendly rival with mild UST").

    Also, most Dexholders are indeed under Oak; Crystal is just one of them, but she's apparently on vacation in HGSS anyways. Emerald also counts (he's under Crystal), as well as the four Kanto trainers. The Hoenn lovebirds are under Birch, understandably, and the whole Sinnoh team is under Rowan. This leaves Elm with Gold and Silver, though, as you mentioned, Silver is a loner... and most probably still working under Lance somehow (the only non-professor with the benefit of having a Dexholder as an ally), with the alternative of caring for Giovanni and doing as he promised at the end of FRLG (cleaning his name and stuff). So, poor Elm only has Gold to boss around, as you said.

    ...however, that is presuming that Elm gets involved. Usually Oak does all the work of bossing the Dexholders around (though now I want to see Elm jump into the action as Gold's mission control guy! ...mostly because it didn't go so well the first time he attempted it; Gold is so rebellious!)

    Give me a while to think more on this bit; ask questions, too, they might be useful to develop the idea.



    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    Also, I wonder if they'll make a small little reference to the whole "Pokemon walking behind you" thing like they did back in the Yellow saga with Pika?
    Surely, Gold is the best option among all the Dexholders to make this game reference with. After all, this guy was practically born among Pokemon, so he surely knows what is best to raise them (summarized: he's the Breeder!)



    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    EDIT: Oh, and I'd also like to say that chances are the HGSS saga will end in a cliffhanger just like FRLG did and the events will be tied up into the Platinum saga. So eventually, the scene would move to Sinnoh.
    Yeah, I know. But I actually think that the Platinum and HGSS saga will converge at the end of Platinum, be continued with HGSS, then end in a cliffhanger for the Black and White cast to solve it somehow.

    However, if by the time the impending cliffhanger pops up Sird's situation is not solved and she's guilty for the cliffhanger again, I'm going to kill something! (preferably a spider!)

    2010/08/02: 4th chapter

    More fanfiction at:
    Kayi S. Rowling's Library

  10. #10

    Default Re: PokeSpe: HGSS Chapter speculation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kayi Rowling View Post
    I still don't know what they're planning to do once they can control more than two types merged into a single Pokemon, but what you say is true. It does sound like a possible follow-up from those plans from (eight) years ago.

    Anyways, what the Hell do you think the Rocket Executives were doing all this time? Trying to make a foursome work? I know that they didn't exist as "individuals" until HGSS, but what kind of explanation will be given in the manga? ...I mean, if they have some of the Plates already, and if they're already aiming so high, surely Giovanni could have used them earlier; they seem to be so efficient!
    The same question can be asked for the Three Beast Soldiers of Team Rocket. Where were these guys and why weren't they doing Ken, Ryu, and Harry's jobs? Maybe they'll say something outta left field, like maybe the four of them were also children kidnapped by the Masked Man or they're new entries into the organization that stepped up the ranks in a flash.

    As for their plans to use Arceus, I'd say they are after Arceus's ability to morph into any type because in retrospect, Team Rocket has been a very battle oriented organization. They're members are no push-overs, and if something like Arceus were to end up in Giovanni's hands, he'd essentially be invincible since he's a master of battle. With his battle prowess - and let's not forget that as the Viridian Gym Leader he was an expert with all different types - the ability to become any type out of all 17 in an instant would make him unbeatable, so stopping any Trainer in his way would be a simple task(Also, Arceus is a legendary Pokemon, and it's been shown many times that legendary Pokemon have incredible battle power, just because they're... legendary)... or so the four executives would want to believe. Giovanni himself probably has no interest in the creature as he only formed Team Rocket to find his son, and now that he's done that he doesn't have any reason to keep the organization around. But the Four Generals probably don't know that Giovanni only created TR to find his son - I mean, the runt of the Three Beast Soldiers didn't. Or maybe they do.

    If anything, Giovanni would be more interested in Dialga and it's ability to control every aspect of "time," because with it he could go to the past and stop his son's kidnapping... and probably the kidnapping of all the other Masked Children. But then this would cause everything after the RBG saga to be written out of history, so it probably wouldn't work.

    Yeah, Gold always has seemed to be the idlest of the Dexholders... I'm almost sure that, whenever a chapter that features him ends, he goes back home to be cared for by his mom and nothing else. He may call other Dexholders to bother them occasionally, but saying that he actually gets out to do something productive (such as training) between chapters is almost blasphemous. The fact that he's currently wearing his Pokeathlon clothes actually hints at a very well planned mission; I don't see him willingly participating in anything where he isn't going against a friend, a villain, or Silver (relationship status unknown; last known status was "friendly rival with mild UST").
    Yeah, and let's not forget that it's implied that Gold is a natural genius at battling, which is why he doesn't need to train. He uses the weirdest and underused Pokemon, yet he uses them to their full potential to such an extent that they're able to hold their own even against the strongest of enemies - not everyday does a Trainer defeat a Tyranitar with a recently hatched Togepi. So the Professors see Gold as an extremely reliable ally who can handle himself.

    Also, most Dexholders are indeed under Oak; Crystal is just one of them, but she's apparently on vacation in HGSS anyways. Emerald also counts (he's under Crystal), as well as the four Kanto trainers. The Hoenn lovebirds are under Birch, understandably, and the whole Sinnoh team is under Rowan. This leaves Elm with Gold and Silver, though, as you mentioned, Silver is a loner... and most probably still working under Lance somehow (the only non-professor with the benefit of having a Dexholder as an ally), with the alternative of caring for Giovanni and doing as he promised at the end of FRLG (cleaning his name and stuff). So, poor Elm only has Gold to boss around, as you said.
    Yup, Gold runs things on the Johto front, XD.

    Surely, Gold is the best option among all the Dexholders to make this game reference with. After all, this guy was practically born among Pokemon, so he surely knows what is best to raise them (summarized: he's the Breeder!)
    Yeah, but haven't you noticed that ever since the new artist took over, we've been getting less and less game references like that? When MATO drew the series, she never hesitated to include an actual screenshot of the game or two to show where a character was located or something, and it really fitted with her chibi-art style and it gave the reader the effect that they were actually reading the game. But we rarely get that with the new artist, her art corresponds more to the actual story than nods to the actual games.

    Yeah, I know. But I actually think that the Platinum and HGSS saga will converge at the end of Platinum, be continued with HGSS, then end in a cliffhanger for the Black and White cast to solve it somehow.

    However, if by the time the impending cliffhanger pops up Sird's situation is not solved and she's guilty for the cliffhanger again, I'm going to kill something! (preferably a spider!)
    It's gonna take a LONG time for the Black and White cast to ever meet up with their colleagues(can't say seniors, since we know the Black and White cast are gonna be older than normal, for all we know they could be the ages of the Johto Dex Holders right now), seeing how far Isshu is from the other regions. Heck, I'd be surprised if they didn't know other Dex Holders even existed XD.

    About Sird... I think she has connections or some sort of relationship with Team Galactic. I heard someone mention something about Sird and a feather pen, and Cyrus is known for his seriousness in leaving traces of his name via his feather pen. Also Archie's last words in the Emerald saga imply that she told him something about Team Galaxy.

    What really has me thinking is why would they kidnap Lance, of all people, and how could he get kidnapped? He was one of the strongest Trainers in the entire manga. Hmm...

    And really, I can't wait for the Black and White saga. I wanna see what personalities these new characters are gonna have.
    Last edited by NeoKING; 28th June 2010 at 11:36 PM.
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

  11. #11
    *rules with cotton fist* Kayi-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere, Mexico
    Posts
    9,191
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: PokeSpe: HGSS Chapter speculation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    The same question can be asked for the Three Beast Soldiers of Team Rocket. Where were these guys and why weren't they doing Ken, Ryu, and Harry's jobs? Maybe they'll say something outta left field, like maybe the four of them were also children kidnapped by the Masked Man or they're new entries into the organization that stepped up the ranks in a flash.
    For the Three Beasts, I say that they were kind of in charge of the Sevii branch for a while or something. Also, a system like the one seen in FRLG would take forever to develop, so I think Carr can be excused as having been doing that for years.

    Meanwhile, with the new three guys and their gal, they could also be the Team Rocket's actual executives. They could have been doing paperwork and investing money in their affairs all this time.



    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    As for their plans to use Arceus, I'd say they are after Arceus's ability to morph into any type because in retrospect, Team Rocket has been a very battle oriented organization.
    Giovanni himself probably has no interest in the creature as he only formed Team Rocket to find his son, and now that he's done that he doesn't have any reason to keep the organization around. But the Four Generals probably don't know that Giovanni only created TR to find his son - I mean, the runt of the Three Beast Soldiers didn't. Or maybe they do.
    Mmm... Somehow, your idea resembling what happened with Deoxys in FRLG totally convinced me of its truth. It makes some sense, especially if the Executives (I refuse to call them Generals, sorry) ignore the whole Silver affair. It could be that they decided to pick up the highly visible things Team Rocket is best known for, namely getting stronger Pokemon and fighting, and then went to make sure Carr didn't go against that.

    ...though my idea of Ariana being Silver's mom will always oppose that. In case they knew the true reason behind Team Rocket, it would be because of this relationship, I guess. Considering Giovanni is out of commission now (either resting because of his illness, or already dead), he couldn't have informed them that he found Silver, so they immediately jumped into the scene when they found out what Carr was doing to Team Rocket. The rest plays the same.



    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    Yeah, and let's not forget that it's implied that Gold is a natural genius at battling, which is why he doesn't need to train. He uses the weirdest and underused Pokemon, yet he uses them to their full potential to such an extent that they're able to hold their own even against the strongest of enemies - not everyday does a Trainer defeat a Tyranitar with a recently hatched Togepi. So the Professors see Gold as an extremely reliable ally who can handle himself.
    Yeah, I know. Gold is severely underestimated by the PokeSpe fan community; he's probably one of the best battlers. If it wasn't because of the narmy reveal of his ability, perhaps people would take him more seriously...



    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    Yup, Gold runs things on the Johto front, XD.
    That sounds so mafia-like that it deserves to be printed and framed



    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    Yeah, but haven't you noticed that ever since the new artist took over, we've been getting less and less game references like that? When MATO drew the series, she never hesitated to include an actual screenshot of the game or two to show where a character was located or something, and it really fitted with her chibi-art style and it gave the reader the effect that they were actually reading the game. But we rarely get that with the new artist, her art corresponds more to the actual story than nods to the actual games.
    Sorry, but I appreciate the hot guys better. This new artist of ours had me drooling for Ruby from the first time I saw the guy! (and then came along FRLG... and now HGSS... oh, God, HGSS...!)

    Anyways, I've certainly not seen the copied screen over from the games as often now, I can't deny it, but you occasionally get to see the Pokedex entries in RS and DP, as well as close ups on the maps. Just not as often.



    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    It's gonna take a LONG time for the Black and White cast to ever meet up with their colleagues(can't say seniors, since we know the Black and White cast are gonna be older than normal, for all we know they could be the ages of the Johto Dex Holders right now), seeing how far Isshu is from the other regions. Heck, I'd be surprised if they didn't know other Dex Holders even existed XD.
    It is indeed going to take a freaking long time, you know? The zines where PokeSpe comes out in Japan have bimonthly issues, after all.

    There's a chance that the PokeSpe manga as we know it will end with HGSS. I mean, the cast is slowly approaching the age of 20, which is the traditional start-of-adulthood age in Japan. They're going to start to look for something to do permanently (jobs, spouses, kids...), and they're going to be less involved with training Pokemon (except for Green; it's kinda his job) and battling for saving the world.

    That way, the BW cast will not only be older than average when starting and in a far away region, but also will never meet their "seniors." Perhaps know about them, but not meet...

    ...good Lord, now I want to cry.



    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    About Sird... I think she has connections or some sort of relationship with Team Galactic. I heard someone mention something about Sird and a feather pen, and Cyrus is known for his seriousness in leaving traces of his name via his feather pen. Also Archie's last words in the Emerald saga imply that she told him something about Team Galaxy.
    OMG! A feather pen! *found it in the Emerald saga* Like, that totally proves it!

    Now, more seriously: that "pen" is indeed an oddity, and in conjunction with the fact that Archie told on her to the kids with a reference to Team Galactic, and also that Jupiter-darling has issues with her leg after Sird was frozen from the waist down... they prove nothing, but they're interesting details.

    However, they'd be perfect as puzzle pieces to figure out Sird at long last. Many fans will be obviously disappointed if she turns out not to be Jupiter...



    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    What really has me thinking is why would they kidnap Lance, of all people, and how could he get kidnapped? He was one of the strongest Trainers in the entire manga. Hmm...
    I think that he actually got caught up in another mess, like investigating undercover or something, so he can't contact anyone. Because, as you say, it doesn't seem like he could be kidnapped, of all things to happen to him...



    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    And really, I can't wait for the Black and White saga. I wanna see what personalities these new characters are gonna have.
    The girl looks tomboyish, so if they play her as actually girlier than anybody else it'll be a surprise befitting the PokeSpe manga so far. Likewise with the guy, who looks very serious; I'd approve him keeping that only if they make him into a deadpan snarker, too (we need one of those...)

    I'm more concerned about the rival, you know? Now that we have a female professor, will we have the first female rival too? Or, better yet, two rivals, a boy and girl pair?

    2010/08/02: 4th chapter

    More fanfiction at:
    Kayi S. Rowling's Library

  12. #12

    Default Re: PokeSpe: HGSS Chapter speculation thread

    I've heard talk on some Japanese boards saying that Gold's role may change from the "Hatcher" to the "Athlete" in HGSS, or he may be one in addition to the other. I support the latter.
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

  13. #13
    BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,288
    Blog Entries
    19

    Default Re: PokeSpe: HGSS Chapter speculation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    I've heard talk on some Japanese boards saying that Gold's role may change from the "Hatcher" to the "Athlete" in HGSS, or he may be one in addition to the other. I support the latter.
    oh god please no

    also

    this is slightly relevant


  14. #14
    *rules with cotton fist* Kayi-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere, Mexico
    Posts
    9,191
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: PokeSpe: HGSS Chapter speculation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pika View Post
    oh god please no

    also

    this is slightly relevant

    I'm going to call a mod! Stop spreading untrue rumors! It's not healthy! It's a sin to lie in such ways!




    Anyways!

    I have news: I was actually dumb enough not to check the Serebii.net forums in search of the coveted Coronis summaries. Now, the information on this topic is outdated by four chapters.

    Here they go:
    -June 3&4
    -July 5&6

    I'll update the first post soon to reflect this information.

    Meanwhile!

    Let's have fun! I have a question! Don't you think Ariana looks fat, and that Petrel's skills at disguising himself are just awesome?!
    Last edited by Kayi-chan; 1st July 2010 at 07:35 PM.

    2010/08/02: 4th chapter

    More fanfiction at:
    Kayi S. Rowling's Library

  15. #15
    A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Nowhere special
    Posts
    17,501
    Blog Entries
    273

    Default Re: PokeSpe: HGSS Chapter speculation thread

    I don't think Ariana looks fat at all. I don't know where everyone is getting that from.

Page 1 of 77 1231151 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •