Please buy my first Kindle book - "Synphesiser" from the Amazon Kindle store, for only £0.99/$0.99! You can also read the first chapter, for FREE on Tumblr!
Tweet #OperationBrave to support "Operation Brave" to get Bravely Default: Flying Fairy in the west! Sign the official petition!
Junichi Masuda thinks my dog is cute.
"95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."
...Why did people think they'd change the part where Gold thinks Bugsy is a girl? Not only has gender confusion like that gone past in every single canon, Viz was also a-ok with straight-up gay crushes in Magical Pokemon Journey (and even facilitated one that didn't exist when they falsly reported that Pistachio was in love with Almond)
Likely not, but obviously I don't work for them.
* Yeah, and Chuang Yi's titles are all SOOOO much XX__EDGIER__XX, right?
* Whatever. I don't get why people are so enraged about the -taro/-bo thing :/ at least they nicknamed the Pokemon at all.
* Um, okay. Like what?
* I can understand that as a complaint, but that's hardly such a serious insult to the fandom like you make it out to be.
* I don't see that as a big deal.
* Okay, I get why people are pissed, and I find it odd that they left it in the first edition but not the second, but I think people are blowing this waaaay out of proportion just saying
* ...so? Her name is romanized on the JAPANESE website as "Platinum", not "Platina". It's Platinum.
the japanese game is called ポケット モンスター プラチナ (poketo monsutaa puratina) romanized as "Pocket Monster Platinum" not "Pocket Monster Platina" because...
a) Platina is not a precious metal, nor a jewl, nor a colour... so it wouldn't fit the naming of all the games so far
b) "プラチナ" is the japanese way of writing Platinum. go ahead and google translate that for me -.-
therefore if both Pokemon Platinum (ポケットモンスター プラチナ) and the character Platinum (プラチナ) share the same japanese spelling, they will share the same English spelling as well.
For another example, look at Blazblue - there's a character who has the exact same name and a direct reading gives us 'Platina' as well. However, every single piece of official media refers to her as 'Platinum the Trinity'.
Soul Silver FC: 1334 0950 5927
People, please, stop the dumb discussion about Lady Platinum Berlitz's true name before it becomes another monster.
Keep it on topic, guys; it's not that difficult! It's volume 8! We shouldn't worry about things that haven't even happened yet...
Not in English, sure, but what does that have to do with anything?