SPECIAL: Pokemon Adventures volume 43
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Adventures volume 43

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Pokemon Adventures volume 43

As you all know, new volume today.

I don't know much, but what I do know is that HGSS ends, BW begins.

2ch put up pics, but that's all I got.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: Pokemon Adventures volume 43

Chapter List:

457: vs. Arceus VI
    458: vs. Arceus VII
    459: vs. Arceus VIII
    450: vs. Arceus IX

461: vs. Pokabu
    462: vs. Kurumiru
    463: vs. Koromori
    464: vs. Monmen

The BW chapters are in the same order that Viz put them in for their first volume.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on August 8th, 2014

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

A summary, from Coronis.

Last edited by Eitarou; 25th January 2013 at 12:00 PM.

What on earth is going on with this series? This information implies that Celebi basically helped Giovanni restore Team Rocket.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

How the hell did they manage to do that? I mean it ties up nicely, but by god's HGSS is a mess. It makes sense if you consider how in game HGSS technically takes place before Pt thanks to the TV report, which still happens but isn't the opening, but still. I chuckle at the thought of the Shinjoh ruins being an alternate dimension, so much can be retconned if they ever do decide to make a region between the 2 regions. I'm not saying they will, but good lord is that an explanation for the ages...
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    It makes sense if you consider how in game HGSS technically takes place before Pt thanks to the TV report, which still happens but isn't the opening, but still.
    The TV report is randomly broadcast in Platinum, but we know that at least some of the HGSS events take place after Platinum. Most notably, Cynthia couldn't have seen Arceus in the Sinjoh Ruins prior to the Platinum events, since she only speculated about Arceus' existence at the end of said game. Of course, Kusaka went around that by simply removing her from the HGSS chapter.

I chuckle at the thought of the Shinjoh ruins being an alternate dimension, so much can be retconned if they ever do decide to make a region between the 2 regions. I'm not saying they will, but good lord is that an explanation for the ages...
    It would serve Kusaka right if Game Freak forced him to make such a retcon. The Sinjoh Ruins being located in an alternate dimension is an awkward assumption that is not supported by the games; the map indicated that the ruins were north of Johto.
    Last edited by Silktree; 25th January 2013 at 06:51 PM.

*facepalm*

There is so much wrong with Special right now that it could take ten million years to explain. BW and HGSS are supposed to take place after DPPt. And the Alternate Dimension explanation is literally pulled out of nowhere. I really hope Sinjoh is its own region now just to screw Special over.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    It would serve Kusaka right if Game Freak forced him to make such a retcon. The Sinjoh Ruins being located in an alternate dimension is an awkward assumption that is not supported by the games; the map indicated that the ruins were north of Johto.
    I thought he didn't have to always stick to the games.

BW and HGSS are supposed to take place after DPPt.
    And why can't an adaptation do things differently?

I know this dimensional thingy is ridiculous but... I'm not really bugged by it. I guess it's because I'm use to seeing things like it in Pokemon.

Also, I have a feeling we won't see the region the Sinjoh ruins are in. But of course, I don't work for Nintendo. If we do, Kusaka will figure something out. For better or worse but we won't know until it happens.
    Last edited by matt0044; 25th January 2013 at 09:46 PM.

Blog Entries

I REALLY can't blame Kusaka. He's so overworked right now, it's ridiculous.

I am not even that bothered by the deviations from the games, although I do believe that Kusaka will regret them one day. Above all, I think that the Arceus story should have had nothing to do with Team Rocket's revival attempt. Clearly, Arceus had its own agenda, so we didn't need human antagonists. It would have been interesting to see Pryce, Lance and Giovanni working throughout the chapter to bring down Arceus. In particular, there is a lot of wasted potential regarding Pryce's time travel discoveries.

Will we even see Silver defeat Giovanni? Is Kusaka waiting for Silver to become an adult or something? Giovanni doesn't even have a real conflict with Silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Lugion View Post
    How so? Releasing one or two rounds per month is not that hard, and he didn't add much content to the volume releases. He's had over two years to think about the HGSS climax.
    Last edited by Silktree; 26th January 2013 at 02:24 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    How so? Releasing one or two rounds per month is not that hard, and he didn't add much content to the volume releases. He's had over two years to think about the HGSS climax.
    Yeah, I realize the release schedule is pretty lax, but the games are being released so quickly now, and Kusaka's having to move on to the next set of games sooner and sooner. It really doesn't surprise me that the HeartGold and SoulSilver arc was so short, because Black and White came out very soon afterward, and that's what was hot. He just doesn't have that buffer zone to catch up anymore.

Yeah, I realize the release schedule is pretty lax, but the games are being released so quickly now, and Kusaka's having to move on to the next set of games sooner and sooner. It really doesn't surprise me that the HeartGold and SoulSilver arc was so short, because Black and White came out very soon afterward, and that's what was hot. He just doesn't have that buffer zone to catch up anymore.
    Again, he's had over two years to finish the story properly. He hasn't been kept that busy by the monthly Black and White releases. Also, the problems with the HGSS chapter were apparent from the get-go.

whether or not you guys think the plot is too rushed or deviates too much from the games warrants its own thread, i think. whoever wants to make it, be my guest.

but in this thread i'd rather you stick to the volume that was most recently published, please.

the same i've always been:
    mafia win/lose tally . vocal covers . ffn.net
    . ao3 . tumblr

Guys, HGSS was NOT rushed. So far in Pokemon Special, no chapter that is based off of either a remake or a third game was longer than a couple volumes. HGSS was 2.5 volumes, just like Platinum. And what other content was there to put into HGSS (well there's still Sird but since HGSS is a prequel she wouldn't have fit in there)? Looking at the entirety of the volume, it seems that the purpose of HGSS was to tie up loose ends from before, which it did very nicely, and set up the plot for chapters that take place after which is the job for a prequel. And for me, besides Sird all my hopes for the HGSS chapter was fulfilled. All the Dexholders made at least cameos in Generation IV chapters, Giovanni and Spiky-eared Pichu appeared with Gold's Pich serving as the shiny Pichu, and something came out of Emerald's female Pokemon being paired with male Pokemon of the same species at the end of the Emerald chapter (notice how all the paired Pokemon were evolutions of Sinnoh baby Pokemon). And c'mon, even if you aren't satisfied with HGSS you should consider what the ending of the magazine version was like and be grateful that a couple more chapters were added to make a complete ending.

And to the OP: Lance wasn't defeated because he was scared of Yellow. He said that Petrel disguising as Yellow just simply fazed him for a moment which allowed Petrel to gain the upper hand. I'm pretty sure the former Elite Four champion's greatest fear isn't some little girl half his age. I mean sure, she defeated him at one time but it's not like she "owned" him. Yellow won because she received help (a LOT of help) from her allies and I'm sure that if the two battled again in a normal Pokemon fight, then if Yellow's Pokemon don't escalate to the 80's then Lance would win.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Did the fourth BW chapter - the one with the hiker guy - end with a full page featuring N looking down on Black from atop a cliff? I don't remember seeing that page before and was wondering if maybe it was added just for the graphic novel.

I'd check myself, but my copy of the Viz graphic novel's back in America and that was one of the few chapters I missed from the magazine run.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on August 8th, 2014

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast