Pokemon Adventures Volume 10 Review Thread. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Adventures Volume 10 Review Thread.

No it's Dr. Strange, love Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokemon Adventures Volume 10 Review Thread.

Quick Ball, Fast Ball...still wrong =D Oh well, minor mistakes.

Personally, I liked this volume. However, towards the second half it did seem to become a "Who will Suicune attack next?". Eusine strikes me as a creepy paedo...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Shoji View Post
    Quick Ball, Fast Ball...still wrong =D Oh well, minor mistakes.

Personally, I liked this volume. However, towards the second half it did seem to become a "Who will Suicune attack next?". Eusine strikes me as a creepy paedo...
    True true. =D And that's true; the mistakes are all still minor and not that bad. Viz is still doing a pretty good job on Special.

Same here! =D I really like volume 10 since it's Yamamoto's first volume and I thought GSC began to really pick up with Crystal and the Suicune subplot and all. X3 And actually, if it seemed that way to you now just wait 'til the other volumes. Suicune still randomly attacks people all the way up to like volume 12 or 13. And yeah, Eusine does have that kind of creepy pedo thing going on. xD I don't think he is though; I think it's just that weird vibe that he has. xDDDD

追放されたバカ
    Keepin' mah prized red Duskull caged up?! Ya bet your ass.
    Blog Entries

Nah, Suicune picks Misty as his partner in volume 12, so until 14 all he's doing is sitting inside Misty's ball.

Eusine also kisses Crystal on the hand in the next volume, haha.

Blog Entries
    Follow GoldeenTail On Twitter Add GoldeenTail on MySpace
    Follow GoldeenTail on Tumblr

I went to Borders to get this volume, but they still had up to 9. I asked a clerk if they had 10, they said the newest book shipped to them has 9. What. What was the excat date the book was out?

WOW TRANSFORMERS IS A DUMB SERIES LOL. GT GROW THE FUCK UP.
    Tumblr / My eggs /My blog / deviantart

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

It was released on the seventh

Blog Entries
    Follow GoldeenTail On Twitter Add GoldeenTail on MySpace
    Follow GoldeenTail on Tumblr

Eh. I'll give them two to three weeks. I hate buying stuff online.

WOW TRANSFORMERS IS A DUMB SERIES LOL. GT GROW THE FUCK UP.
    Tumblr / My eggs /My blog / deviantart

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by 1dbad
    Because Speed Balls are what they are called in Japanese, and the translators job is to translate. Both just forgot to localize them as Fast Balls, what they are supposed to be called.
    You have to cut them some slack, though. Pokémon, more than any other franchise I know, has an insane number of proper nouns, and the majority of them get changed in the transition from Japanese to English. I'm sure if you actually sat down and counted all the proper nouns in the volume - human names, Pokémon names, item names, town names, attack names - you'd come up with a good 100 or so terms that the translators would have had to look up, one by one.

I think it's perfectly understandable if they miss one here and there.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on October 21st, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshi View Post
    Nah, Suicune picks Misty as his partner in volume 12, so until 14 all he's doing is sitting inside Misty's ball.

Eusine also kisses Crystal on the hand in the next volume, haha.
    Way to spoil it for the people who haven't read it yet, I wasn't being specific for a reason. XD But ah, my bad then. I thought it was 13 for some reason. Least I knew it was around there though. But still, my original point of a couple more volumes of dealing with random Suicune battles is still correct. XD

And haha, yeah, I remember that. Eusine's just so odd, in every canon. XD

Quote Originally Posted by GoldeenTail View Post
    I went to Borders to get this volume, but they still had up to 9. I asked a clerk if they had 10, they said the newest book shipped to them has 9. What. What was the excat date the book was out?
    That's so weird; I hear in most bookstores (especially big chain ones like Barnes and Noble) it actually came out a few days early. And the release date Eitaro and I mentioned, the 7th, is the day it was to supposed to officially be out everywhere. Huh. Maybe your Borders is just behind for some reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    You have to cut them some slack, though. Pokémon, more than any other franchise I know, has an insane number of proper nouns, and the majority of them get changed in the transition from Japanese to English. I'm sure if you actually sat down and counted all the proper nouns in the volume - human names, Pokémon names, item names, town names, attack names - you'd come up with a good 100 or so terms that the translators would have had to look up, one by one.

Oh, I know that. I never said I didn't understand the errors and I wasn't saying that to criticize them. I was actually using it as a way to take up for Chuang Yi's translation, since people always say Viz does more research than them and I was just saying apparently they don't do as much research as people like to say they do. :p (since they still make mistakes too, and in some cases as with the Speed Balls this volume, the exact same ones) And by saying that I was saying it was understandable that Chuang Yi missed a few, so of course by extension that means I also find it understandable that Viz did too. Of course with a series like Pokemon they're occasionally going to mess up a few unless they do a lot of research; and I was just adding in my comment that Bulbapedia would help them out. Especially since it seems at times they don't know about it with a few of their errors. (like they call Whitney's Miltank Mil Mil in both Viz's and Chuang Yi's translation. Which is fine. But had Viz researched it on Bulbapedia they would have saw Whitney actually refers to her Miltank as "Milky" in the English HGSS and they could have used that for her Miltank's nickname instead. :p Chuang Yi is just partially excluded in this example due to HGSS not being out at the time they did their G/S/C volumes.) *unless I missed Whitney’s Miltank being Milky in the GSC games….) So in no way did I mean it as a criticism or complaint. =P Just stating. So no need to worry dude. ^^

Blog Entries
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post

Yeah, the only errors I've seen in the second printing are incredibly minor too. They're doing a good job (also, Speed Ball does sound better than Fast Ball...)

Quote Originally Posted by 1dbad View Post
    Actually Platinum V.1's release date got changed. I already posted about it before but I guess you haven't seen it, or checked Bulbapedia/Amazon's new release dates lately. For next year it looks like this:
    February 2011 - Volume 11
    March 2011 - Platinum V.1
    April 2011 - Volume 12
    June 2011 - Volume 13 & Platinum V.2
    August 2011 - Volume 14
    September 2011 - Platinum V.3
    October 2011 - Volume 15
    December 2011 - Volume 16 & Platinum V.4
    Where did you find these new dates, I checked bulbapedia and didn't see any change?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke_King View Post
    Where did you find these new dates, I checked bulbapedia and didn't see any change?
    Some of them are actual dates. The others are the users predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by 1dbad View Post
    It's funny how many translation and spelling mistakes both Viz and Chuang Yi could avoid if they would just check Bulbapedia. :p They could just put in the Japanese terms for everything that they got in their translation and find the localized English ones. Apparently Viz doesn't do as much research as people claim, har har.
    It is a fan site though. I'm sure they'd rather check somewhere official.
    Seasons =/= Regions

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Still, those things are fact as taken from the games.

Blog Entries

To be honest though, as Dogasu as said, there are a lot of proper nouns in Pokémon; the odd mistake shouldn't be so much of a big deal. Sure, they could put every one into Bulbapedia to check, but that would take quite a bit of time, and Viz Media have to translate an enormous amount of manga. It would be nice if they could quickly check so they can revise them for a second printing (if one happens), but I doubt it.

I didn't actually notice the speed ball mistake, so I'm not that bothered by it. I did feel that there was a line mix up for Crys, when Professor Oak offered her some pokemon or something. I'd look up where, but I don't have the volume with me. It was something like Crys replied to his offer, and then on the next page said "no thanks" or something strange.

Mistakes aside, I really liked this volume. I'd forgotten how awesome Crys is, but Eusine really stole the show.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.
    The Tr47 | The Website | The Art | The Journal
    Resident fan of Gary, Gligar and Ash's imaginary beard.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast