SPECIAL: Pokemon Adventures Black & White "Volume Eight" Review Thread

Thread: Pokemon Adventures Black & White "Volume Eight" Review Thread

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Pokemon Adventures Black & White "Volume Eight" Review Thread

Ok, we got a big conundrum over here.

First, the chapters are from chapter 25, to 28. So that makes it a four-chapter book.

Secondly, it goes from Gigi's.....you-know-what, to Black and White separating at the Battle Subway.

Lastly, it seems that VIZ isn't releasing more books. At least not in the format that they've been doing the past year.

"To be continued in the Pokémon Adventures Black and White graphic novel series - coming soon!" is what's written on the back. So, I guess since HGSS will be finished soon in Japan, they'll start releasing the Black and White books when Japan does so?

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: Pokemon Adventures Black & White "Volume Eight" Review Thread

That's a shame. This saga only really starts to get good right around this part.

Here are the chapters that are in this volume:

Adventure 25 "Gigi's Choice" (Shougaku Yon-Nensei, October 2011)
    Adventure 26 "Unraveling Mysteries" (Shougaku Yon-Nensei, November 2011)
    Adventure 27 "A New Perspective" (Shougaku Yon-Nensei, December 2011)
    Adventure 28 "Growing Pains" (Shougaku Yon-Nensei, January 2012)
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on July 19th, 2014

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I'm actually glad that they're apparently going to be releasing the series as a graphic novel. I haven't bought any of these small volumes just because I didn't want something incomplete, so it's nice to hear that they are going to release the actual volumes. I didn't think that the HG/SS volumes were almost done in Japan though. I thought that just started. I don't know how long it will take them to do that, but I'm okay with waiting some more for the first full volume.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I honestly don't expect the first Black & White volume to come out in Japan until 2014 ;_;

I really hope Viz doesn't wait that long. The sooner people can enjoy those awesome Gym Leaders vs. The Dark Trinity chapters, the better.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on July 19th, 2014

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I'm actually glad that they're apparently going to be releasing the series as a graphic novel. I haven't bought any of these small volumes just because I didn't want something incomplete, so it's nice to hear that they are going to release the actual volumes. I didn't think that the HG/SS volumes were almost done in Japan though. I thought that just started. I don't know how long it will take them to do that, but I'm okay with waiting some more for the first full volume.
    I felt the same way. I didn't like the small volumes, especially since manga is really expensive and I would have preferred something a little more meatier to my volumes. But considering that Japan is just not releasing their volumes, now's a good time than ever for Viz to cash in on Gen V.

Although I'd still rather wait until Viz releases a boxset before I get into the BW chapter.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    I honestly don't expect the first Black & White volume to come out in Japan until 2014 ;_;

I really hope Viz doesn't wait that long. The sooner people can enjoy those awesome Gym Leaders vs. The Dark Trinity chapters, the better.
    I hope that Viz doesn't wait that long either. That would be pretty ridiculous to wait about two years for them to start releasing the full Black and White Adventures volume. I don't know if they could get the volume released here before it comes out in Japan. Personally, I'm hoping that they'll start releasing the skipped volumes during the time waiting for the B/W volumes. That might be getting my hopes too high, but since they should be done with the D/P/P volumes by sometime next year, depending on the release schedule, and that they aren't interested in licensing anything other than Adventures and the manga version of the movie, I could see them releasing the volumes just to get something of Adventures out there. Although, releasing ReBurst would be awesome too if they ever license it.

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai
    I felt the same way. I didn't like the small volumes, especially since manga is really expensive and I would have preferred something a little more meatier to my volumes. But considering that Japan is just not releasing their volumes, now's a good time than ever for Viz to cash in on Gen V.

Although I'd still rather wait until Viz releases a boxset before I get into the BW chapter.
    Even though the small volumes have been cheaper than regular volumes, I was also thinking of how I would rather pay for a volume with more content in it. I can understand why Viz did it since it was the best time to cash in on the fifth generation. I was actually considering getting the boxset for these small volumes, if only because the price would feel more warranted with eight small volumes, until this news came out. I like collecting the arcs one volume at a time, although having a box set would be pretty cool.

I'm really glad to hear that Viz is actually going to release the BW volumes. I was uncertain whether they would or not so this comes as a pleasant surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Why? Based on the pattern I always assumed the first BW volume would be out either late this year or early next. (by pattern I mean how many volumes come out a year and how long certain types of arcs tend to be) But we definitely should be getting to it this year, considering we're already on HGSS volume-wise, it's a short arc, and Kusaka said he wanted to reach BW volume-wise by the end of the year.
    Last edited by 1dbad; 6th July 2012 at 01:09 AM.