"Pokémon Adventures" volume 4 Review Thread

Thread: "Pokémon Adventures" volume 4 Review Thread

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Default "Pokémon Adventures" volume 4 Review Thread

Nobody else has made a thread and it's been out for a few days, so... what did you guys think?

As for myself...

The Good:
    * The beginning of the Yellow chapter yaaaay! I really enjoyed this volume, actually.
    * I found it interesting that they re-combined "Cloystered/Raging Rattata" into just "Cloystered", although it's not a big deal either way I guess.
    * Overall fewer errors than October's releases (#3 and DPA #5). I'd like to think I'm somewhat forgiving but I find glaring errors (like the Team Rocket/Galactic thing in DPA #5) really distracting and takes away from the story a bit.

The Bad:
    * I was annoyed by the stupid stupid error on the main characters page (Basically all the Gym Leaders had the wrong names, the "good" Gym Leaders were shown but they were listed with the names of the "bad" Gym Leaders)
    * I was also disappointed that they missed the "you might almost call 'em Pocket M--" joke, which not only is unfunny but makes the sentence kind of not make sense anymore. Boo.

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Pokémon Adventures" volume 4 Review Thread

Holy crap, its really December already?!?! It feels like I just bought volume 3 yesterday? Guess its time for me to go spend more money! I don't know why but I'm really looking forward to this one, I hope its as good as the first three.

Blog Entries
    Follow Sapphire Cherry On Twitter Add Sapphire Cherry on Facebook Add Sapphire Cherry on Google+ Add Sapphire Cherry on MySpace
    Add Sapphire Cherry on Linkedin Follow Sapphire Cherry on Tumblr Follow Sapphire Cherry on Flickr

Okay so i got the book and here's what i think:okay what happened to raging rattata?the gymleader thing took me a sewcond to figure out,but the volume doesn't explain much,so i'm kind of hoping volume five has more edits to complain about.

Raging Rattata's still there, they just merged it together with Cloystered. Apparently they had split the one chapter apart for the first edition, and just put them back like the original for this. Which is fine by me, I didn't even notice until you pointed it out.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.
    The Tr47 | The Website | The Art | The Journal
    Resident fan of Gary, Gligar and Ash's imaginary beard.

Blog Entries

Last week I marathon-read all four volumes. What really bothered me in this one is when Oak misidentified Pidgeotto as Pidgeot. o.o But yeah, the way they got rid of the "Pocket Monsters" shout-out made literally no sense.

Yellow: Once they’re in their balls, Pokémon are small t’go in your pocket! You might almost call ‘em Poké…
    Bill: W-What are you planning now…

At least they tried with the whole Green's shirt thing.

And I can't recall if there were any of those elementary grammatical mistakes in this volumes, but their prevalence is really grating.

On the plus side:
    -Yellow's sketchbook is utterly adorable.
    -Oh, look, University of Celadon, which is mentioned in Shudo's anime novelizations and, according to Bulbapedia, an anime episode. That's a cool bit of trivia.
    -Ha, a Super Nerd villian. I love the way he resents his title.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiyo
    so i'm kind of hoping volume five has more edits to complain about.
    ...wait, what? ._.
    Video Game Collection & Wishlist

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
    It's just the Internet. Calm down.

Blog Entries
    Follow Sapphire Cherry On Twitter Add Sapphire Cherry on Facebook Add Sapphire Cherry on Google+ Add Sapphire Cherry on MySpace
    Add Sapphire Cherry on Linkedin Follow Sapphire Cherry on Tumblr Follow Sapphire Cherry on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Brother View Post
    Last week I marathon-read all four volumes. What really bothered me in this one is when Oak misidentified Pidgeotto as Pidgeot. o.o But yeah, the way they got rid of the "Pocket Monsters" shout-out made literally no sense.

Yellow: Once they’re in their balls, Pokémon are small t’go in your pocket! You might almost call ‘em Poké…
    Bill: W-What are you planning now…

At least they tried with the whole Green's shirt thing.

And I can't recall if there were any of those elementary grammatical mistakes in this volumes, but their prevalence is really grating.

On the plus side:
    -Yellow's sketchbook is utterly adorable.
    -Oh, look, University of Celadon, which is mentioned in Shudo's anime novelizations and, according to Bulbapedia, an anime episode. That's a cool bit of trivia.
    -Ha, a Super Nerd villian. I love the way he resents his title.

...wait, what? ._.
    it wouldn't be any fun without stuff to complain about

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chiyo View Post
    it wouldn't be any fun without stuff to complain about
    That's true, but some of the recent mistakes in vol 3 and 4 are downright embarassing.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

They killed the shout-out to the franchise name? Those bastards!

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.