Pokémon Adventures volume 12 review thread

Thread: Pokémon Adventures volume 12 review thread

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Pokémon Adventures volume 12 review thread

Yeah, some people got them early, again.

VIZ, WHAT THE HELL...Curmudgeonly? Seriously? How is any child going to know what that means (If you want to know, it means a Bad-tempered or difficult person)

Round 143: Irked Igglybuff and Curmudgeonly Cleffa
    Round 144: Savvy Swinub
    Round 145: Sandslash Surprise
    Round 146: Lively Lugia (Part 1)
    Round 147: Lively Lugia (Part 2)
    Round 148: Lively Lugia (Part 3)
    Round 149: Curious Kingdra
    Round 150: Chinchou in Charge
    Round 151: Lovely Lanturn
    Round 152: Buzz Off, Butterfree
    Round 153: Oh, It`s Ho-Oh
    Round 154: Yikes, It`s Yanma

Super Nerd William(was that even his official name?) is now Super Nerd Miles

Camper Phil (or Bozz if you prefer) is now Jr. Trainer Evan
    Last edited by Eitarou; 3rd April 2011 at 05:54 PM.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokémon Adventures volume 12 review thread

"Buzz Off, Butterfree"?...erm, maybe it would have worked with Beedrill.

"Oh, It's Ho-Oh"...someone sounds excited!

Honestly this is the first time I've gotten this far into special, and so far I really like it!

oh yeah...

[/URL]

Follow 1dbad on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by pokeslob View Post
    And you haven't seen all of it yet. ;) It's just getting started for GSC!

Out of curiosity, can anyone who has the volume tell me what Kusaka and Yamamaoto's author/artist note for this volume says? I asked on another forum but no one answered me yet, and I haven't been able to get the volume yet so if anyone could tell me I'd really appreciate it.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1dbad View Post
    Out of curiosity, can anyone who has the volume tell me what Kusaka and Yamamaoto's author/artist note for this volume says? I asked on another forum but no one answered me yet, and I haven't been able to get the volume yet so if anyone could tell me I'd really appreciate it.
    Message from Hidenori Kusaka:
    In this special volume, all sixteen Gym Leaders from Kanto and Johto assemble in one place! And don't miss the excitement when silver-winged Lugia goes wild! But the best part probably is the return of Gold and Silver. Add in Crystal and you have our three main characters back in action together. To all my English-speaking readers out there, please enjoy this volume!

Message from Satoshi Yamamoto:

Have you noticed this issue's front cover...? In volume 11, not-yet-rescued Gold and Silver were facing backward, but now they're facing forward. What does that signify?! Also, all the Pokémon League gym leaders hold and exhibition match. At last, they are destined to meet... There's no way you can read this volume cover to cover while standing in a bookstore (ha ha)! So just buy the graphic novel already, hunker down and savor every page!!

Follow 1dbad on Tumblr

Thank you Zesty Cactus! I really appreciate it! Not only do I like to see how Viz translates them but I have never seen the author/artist note for this volume before so I'm really happy to finally know what it says. Two things though...

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty Cactus View Post
    Message from Hidenori Kusaka:
    To all my English-speaking readers out there, please enjoy this volume!
    That's interesting that Kusaka specifically mentions his English-speaking readers. I wonder if he really said that or if that was something Viz added to their adaptation?

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty Cactus View Post

Message from Satoshi Yamamoto:

Also, all the Pokémon League gym leaders hold and exhibition match. So just buy the graphic novel already, hunker down and savor every page!!
    Out of curiosity, did the volume really say "gym leaders hold and exhibition match" or was that just a typo you made? (no offense; just curious if it was an accident on your part or if they really made the typo in volume) Otherwise, all I have to say is hunker down...what a funny word choice, lol.

Thanks again!

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

That's interesting that Kusaka specifically mentions his English-speaking readers. I wonder if he really said that or if that was something Viz added to their adaptation?
    ya that stuck out at me too. i would almost imagine that that was added in maybe (or before it said like "to my readers all over Japan" or something like that so they changed it for that)

Out of curiosity, did the volume really say "gym leaders hold and exhibition match" or was that just a typo you made? (no offense; just curious if it was an accident on your part or if they really made the typo in volume)
    lol nope that was my fault, sorry XD

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I finally got my volume today. Y'know what? I quite enjoyed it. Although, I felt that Misty vs Suicune was rushed; seemed like the tomboy didn't do anything at all.

Gold and Crys' interactions were hilarious. Nothing like a bit of subtle sexism xD

追放されたバカ
    Keepin' mah prized red Duskull caged up?! Ya bet your ass.
    Blog Entries

Thank you Zesty Cactus! I really appreciate it! Not only do I like to see how Viz translates them but I have never seen the author/artist note for this volume before so I'm really happy to finally know what it says. Two things though...

Yeah, I didn't remember him ever mentioning "English-speaking readers" anywhere in his little author's notes, so I looked in my Korean version, and sure enough he just talks about how some new Pokemon stuff's come out (including some designs for 3rd gen specie, apparently), so he's excited as hell or something.

Guess it was a mini-interview with Kusaka copypasted to that particular corner, or maybe Kusaka emailed them himself. (After all, he did post a picture of his copy of the first volume (in English) on the Netkun site.

Anything at all altered from the Japanese release? If there wasn't, good. (Though we can expect some c3ns0rz all over the Sabrina-Red hot springs part in the next volume, for sure.)