REBURST: October 2012 "Pocket Monsters Reburst" Review Thread

Thread: October 2012 "Pocket Monsters Reburst" Review Thread

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default October 2012 "Pocket Monsters Reburst" Review Thread

It's the beginning of the end!....of ReBURST.

Here’s chapter 76: “The Power of One and the Power of the World”.

Too lazy to cut out panels. Too lazy to search for Kanji. Or I was, and then I became less lazy.

Fraud's first attack is Tundra Scream. Written as "吹雪絶叫", Snowstorm Scream, spoken as "ツンドラスクリーム", Tundra Scream.

His second is Aiguille Prick. Aiguille? Is that English? Written as "鋭針突刺", Sharp Needle Thorn Stab, spoken as "エギーユプリック", Aiguille Prick.

His third and oh so cleverly named attack is Rock Drop. Written as "岩壁落下", Rock Face Drop, spoken as "ロックドロップ", Rock Drop.

Beartic, Escavalier, Garbodor, Reuniclus, Serperior, Emboar, Gigalith are the new Bursts Fraud uses.

Water, Ground, Ghost, Electric, Normal, Flying, Dark, Dragon, Ice, Steel, Bug, Poison, Psychic, Grass, Fire, Fighting, Rock.

17. Fraud has used all 17 of the seventeen types of Pokemon with Arcades’ power.

So, Ryouga has gained the power of the Spirit Bomb. Time to murder Fraud.

Remember back when ReBURST first came out? Remember how people complained how Pokemon barely appeared?

I wonder what they would say if they saw this chapter.

Oh, and volume 8 will be out on November 16.
    Last edited by Eitarou; 2nd October 2012 at 03:09 AM.

Surgeon of Death 捷克羅姆's Avatar Bulbanews WriterBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

Default Re: October 2012 "Pocket Monsters Reburst" Review Thread

At least the writers bothered to show that Halil, Carola, Rug and Karuta are still alive or at least under stable conditions and other Pokemon the GG captured are still there, but I'm still wondering how Miruto and Yappy took those two to the hospital...

The first part of that fight made me thought of something else. I need to get my mind out of the gutter. Also, the writers seem to have forgotten Rend already. Moreover, one of those scenes seem to look familiar...

As for the final part, screw deus ex machina. Fraud, prepare to be receive Ryouga's wrath!

And, here are alternative translations:
    吹雪絶叫 - Blizzard Scream (Because blizzard sounds cooler
    鋭針突刺 - Needle Pierce (Aren't needles already sharp?
    * Aiguille is apparently a French word that has been adapted to English. It means needle-shaped peak
    岩壁落下 - Cliff Drop (It sounds shorter, but it would probably sound misleading... 岩壁 is literally "rock wall"
    Last edited by 捷克羅姆; 3rd October 2012 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Remember back when ReBURST first came out? Remember how people complained how Pokemon barely appeared?

I wonder what they would say if they saw this chapter.
    *Whistles non-nonchalantly*

I'm happy to see some actual Pokemon cameos appear. Though that a bunch of them appear at the very end makes me think that the writer completely forgot to shoehorn them in the past few months and it cramming them all in now. I only vaguely remember seeing any in a panel or two in the last few months.

My feelings on "omg an actual pokemon appeared in a panel, aaand then its gone!!!111" have changed over time. I think it's a breath of fresh air to have a Pokemon manga of all things focus mostly on the humans that run the show. :V

This chapter was pretty awesome, overall.

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Tamura Mitsuhisa has been posting a lot of promo images for the series on his Twitter page lately.

https://twitter.com/i/#!/mitsupage3/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2F4qaylGEu
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on November 25th, 2014

Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

Wait, one of the prototype of Ryouga was a wild kid based on Luffy. I'm not surprised there. Also, it looks like Halil could have been a protagonist. At least his final art is still the best, but Ryouga would have looked better in gray pants and darker colored shoes. Those yellow pants don't go well with green shoes, but it's a good thing he didn't choose that rightmost hat and decided on the headgear/ushanka-like headband. It's also interesting to note that those drafts have Ryouga wearing a baseball cap (like Red and Touya) and a visor (like Kyouhei).

As for Miruto, I think that the bottom art would have been better for her, though it does bear some resemblance to Touko's outfit. On the other hand, this version of Miruto reminds me of Hikari from Digimon 02. It's funny how she was originally an Emboar Burst user, but the design was recycled for Carola and Rug. For Carola, those giant bow and buns made looked that she was based off Minnie Mouse.

I'm still disappointed that he didn't reveal the kanji for Ryouga's name.
    Last edited by 捷克羅姆; 4th October 2012 at 01:39 PM.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

With a normal cap, Ryouga would have looked more like your standard game protagonist, huh?

...Is it wrong that I want to draw some of these?

Also, someone should ask him if he has any Burst concepts. You know, maybe for ones that haven't been used in-series, or for characters that don't use a certain one.

Here's the...*sniff* final chapter: Endless Adventure.

........................Why....
    Last edited by Eitarou; 8th October 2012 at 02:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

So much interesting facial expressions in one chapter...

I was expecting Ryouga to kick Fraud's a**, but I never expected the no-BURST man-to-man showdown. I'm so amazed by it... o_o

As for Fraud turning to stone, that was totally expected. It's still funny to see Arcade's manager appear out of the blue and take Fraud back (Hopefully, he would never be seen again). And, it's nice to see that Rug and Karuta have completely recovered. Wait, did Karuta grow taller? And we never even found out what his mission was...

Also, does anyone understand what Ryouga said when he was pointing at the book? At least, he seemed smarter now...

I'm really going to miss the gang. I'll also be crying in another corner...

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 捷克羅姆 View Post
    So much interesting facial expressions in one chapter...

I was expecting Ryouga to kick Fraud's a**, but I never expected the no-BURST man-to-man showdown. I'm so amazed by it... o_o

As for Fraud turning to stone, that was totally expected. It's still funny to see Arcade's manager appear out of the blue and take Fraud back (Hopefully, he would never be seen again). And, it's nice to see that Rug and Karuta have completely recovered. Wait, did Karuta grow taller? And we never even found out what his mission was...

Also, does anyone understand what Ryouga said when he was pointing at the book? At least, he seemed smarter now...

I'm really going to miss the gang. I'll also be crying in another corner...
    He studied various literature and discovered a place to set free Pokemon from Burst Hearts in the West, so he's going to go release Zekrom. As for Karuta, he grew up 28 chapters ago. Other than the whole medicine thing, he never really had a mission -- just that the people of Kuuga told him to go out on a journey of learning to become a greater leader, and since his father did at the same age, he agreed, and so went off to meet back up with Ryouga. Miruto was the one with the mystery unexplained mission.

Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by bluesun View Post
    He studied various literature and discovered a place to set free Pokemon from Burst Hearts in the West, so he's going to go release Zekrom.
    I see. I wasn't sure on what he meant due to my limited comprehension of the language.

As for Karuta, he grew up 28 chapters ago. Other than the whole medicine thing, he never really had a mission -- just that the people of Kuuga told him to go out on a journey of learning to become a greater leader, and since his father did at the same age, he agreed, and so went off to meet back up with Ryouga.
    Ummm... I wasn't referring to his age. He just seemed taller than in the previous chapters, but I could be wrong. Thanks for clearing up the last part anyway.

Miruto was the one with the mystery unexplained mission.
    We never seem to have found much out about her organization, her superior Jake, or even her Pokemon...

Blog Entries

You'd think that in a manga like this, one would expect Ryouga to be illiterate.

Then again...he does mention the word dictionary a lot.

Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

So, someone in Twitter actually asked about what happened to Jake and why Ryouga wants to release Zekrom. I have no idea what he actually said about the former. As for the latter, I think he wants to put some sort of emphasis on Ryouga and Zekrom's relationship. (I still prefer Zek to still be stuck in the rock...

Also, he uploaded a fan art of Miruto and confirmed that Ryouga is based on Luffy *shot*

Why am I still here? I'm supposed to be studying...

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

He just seemed taller than in the previous chapters, but I could be wrong.
    Well, considering how much he grew in a matter of days, being even taller wouldn't be surprising, seeing as the epilogue's dated 'several months later'.
    So, someone in Twitter actually asked about what happened to Jake and why Ryouga wants to release Zekrom. I have no idea what he actually said about the former.[/S]
    That too many other things needed to be found/developed, so it couldn't be helped that they didn't end up meeting. Also that he thinks they're something like a conservation group or vigilante corps.

Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

Volume seven is out, so here's a 4koma. Halil as a student monitor is adorable.

Blog Entries

Final volume cover.