REBURST: May 2012 "Pocket Monsters Reburst" Review Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May 2012 "Pocket Monsters Reburst" Review Thread

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default May 2012 "Pocket Monsters Reburst" Review Thread

Man, it feels good to make these things again. Feels like it's been ages.

Stuff happens, moving on.

Sabin's new technique is "Perfect Reflector" (written as "完璧反射", "Perfection Reflection", spoken as "パーフェクトリフレクター", "Perfect Reflector").

Ryouga's new (finally) technique is "Lightning Spark" (at least it's an actual word now) (written as "電撃爆裂", "Exploding Shock", spoken as "ライトニングスパーク", "Lightning Spark").

Thanks to Chao for helping make the translation easier.

So, In less than ten chapters, our group has gotten four Burst Hearts, where before, it took 19 just to get two.

...That makes perfect sense. Then again, BHS did take over 20+ chapters, and this is making up for lost time.

So, Sabin's a good guy it seems. Wait, six Burst Hearts? No! That means they'll have to find Arcades next. That's not a good thing.

I don't want ReBURST to end already....

So, to anyone who can explain what's going on, it'd be nice if you would do so. Thanks in advance.

Also, Karubi Tweeted this.

「次号、あの伝説のポケモン登場!!」 "Next Issue, that Legendary Pokemon will make its appearance!"

Wonder who it could be.
    Last edited by Eitarou; 8th May 2012 at 06:26 AM.

Surgeon of Death 捷克羅姆's Avatar Bulbanews WriterBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

Default Re: May 2012 "Pocket Monsters Reburst" Review Thread

I'll leave the explanation to Dogasu as I also have no idea to what they are taking about.

I'm so glad Ryouga finally learned a new technique. It's a real word all right, but "spark" sounds weak. I would have preferred something like blast or burst. Moving on, Yappy and Miruto are nowhere to be found (why do I even bother...).

As for the legendary Pokemon, I think it's Reshiram, but I could be wrong.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

The store I used to be able to pick up new issues of Weekly Shounen Sunday a day early hasn't had them in stock the last few weeks, so I won't be able to confirm / clarify anything until after work tomorrow.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on January 7th, 2015

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Post Re: May 2012 "Pocket Monsters Reburst" Review Thread

That Sabin's Burst Form looks like a repainted Pulseman.

But, I would also like to see RéBURST to spawn new story arcs (possibly Ruby and Sapphire chapter (to be served as a tie-in to coincide with the Ruby and Sapphire remakes? (Ruby 2 and Sapphire 2 anyone?)), or Generation 6 arc around late 2014). The Magical Pokémon Journey (known in Japan as Pocket Monsters PiPiPi Adventures), which is a Gen 1 and 2 shojo manga, spawned a new Generation 3 arc called Pocket Monsters Chamo-Chamo Pretty, less than a decade ago, and ended after 3 years of serialization in Ciao. Generation 4 have no Pokémon manga for teenagers, so this let Pokémon leave the shonen/shojo manga market for less than five years. The Pocket Monsters RéBURST, which is a Generation 5 shonen manga, would mark Pokémon's return to the shonen/shojo manga market.

The shonen/shojo manga refers to manga for teenagers aged around 13-18.

For the legendary Pokémon, I think Genesect (Zaku-looking mech-like Pokémon), but as Genesect would not be revealed until 2013, so maybe Victini or Terrakion (this is just a speculation).

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    The store I used to be able to pick up new issues of Weekly Shounen Sunday a day early hasn't had them in stock the last few weeks, so I won't be able to confirm / clarify anything until after work tomorrow.
    Sorry if I'm bugging, but how is this going?

BlameTamuraforpageone.

Hi, Yaza! Judging by your outfit, it looks like you've been demoted.

Nice to see you again, though.
    Last edited by Eitarou; 14th May 2012 at 11:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Chapter 56 - The Assassin Hired by Garyuu
    Ryouga looks over and sees that both Karuta and Rug have been defeated. He fires off a Lightning Parve attack toward Sabin, but he uses his "Perfect Reflector" attack to bounce the attack back at Ryouga. Sabin moves in quickly while Ryouga's still reeling and showers him with a barage of punches. Ryouga manages to jump out of Sabin's range and prepares another lightning attack. Sabin responds with another "Perfect Reflector" but is shocked when Ryouga's lightning-covered hands are able to break through the barrier and latch onto his shoulders! Ryouga's new "Lighting Spark" causes major damage to Sabin but has the unfortunate side effect of nearly killing its user!

Sabin catches a glimpse of Ryouga's eyes and can tell that he has no intention of giving up, so he de-Bursts and tells Ryouga that he reminds him so much of his father. He then tells him how he and Garyuu once fought the GG side by side. The organization's power was growing at an alarming rate, so Garyuu believed that the only way to match their power is to borrow Arcades'. Sabin recalls rumors that the cost of getting Arcades' power is never being able to leave the fighting lifestyle behind, something he's unwilling to do. He *would* like to return to his hometown and see his family someday, after all. Some time later, Garyuu asks Sabin to keep his son from trying to get to Arcades and going after him.

Just then, Karuta and Rug come to. Sabin repeats his warning about Arcades, saying that Ryouga won't be able to return to a peaceful life. After seeing that he's still determined to go, however, Sabin hands over his Burst Heart. Ryouga asks Sabin if he'll join them, but he declines. He tells Ryouga to go to Arcades and fight along with his father, though, and then disappears into the woods.

Chapter 57 - Legendary Pokemon
    While sleeping in an inn, Ryouga goes around to his traveling companions' rooms and steals their Burst Hearts. Once outside, he tells himself that he can't endanger them any further and will go off to see Arcades alone. He then asks his friends - inside his head, of course - to please forgive him for borrowing their precious Burst Hearts and assures them that he'll return them someday. After finding someplace secluded, Ryouga prepares to set the six Burst Hearts into the Compass of Light. Before he's able to finish, though, Karuta and the others arrive on the scene! After a heartfelt scene where his four traveling companions give their reasons for wanting to stick with him, Ryouga thanks them and decides to go with them after all.

Several days earlier, Fraud is recovering inside a capsule filled with liquid in the GG headquarters. His Strategic Advisor Gerubu (作戦参謀ゲルブ) reports that Ryouga has gotten the six Burst Hearts needed to find Arcades and that he'll be on his way soon. He tells his unconscious boss to relax, however, since his plan to deal with Ryouga is already in motion.

In a forest somewhere, the GG have parked a number of freight cars filled with captured pokemon. Yaza, the GG commander from the first chapter, calls out to the legendary pokemon Cobalon to show itself. He tells the pokemon that it'll have to give itself up if it wants to protect the pokemon they've kidnapped. Cobalon eventually appears and enters the truck Yaza had prepared for it of its own volition. Once Cobalon is secure in shackles, Yaza orders his men to release the other pokemon to avoid incurring the legendary pokemon's wrath. While inside, Cobalon is able to sense that both Terrakion and Virizion have also fallen into the hands of the GG.

Back at headquarters, Gerubu reports the good news to Fraud. Now that the three legendary pokemon are in their hands, it's time for "those three" to take the stage. Fraud smiles.

The text at the bottom of the last panel tells us that the three people Gerubu was referring to will appear in the next chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou
    「次号、あの伝説のポケモン登場!!」 "Next Issue, that Legendary Pokemon will make its appearance!"
    We didn't know it then, but obviously, with what we know now, "Next Issue, those Legendary Pokemon will make their appearance!" is a better translation :P

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou
    Hi, Yaza! Judging by your outfit, it looks like you've been demoted.
    Maybe? He was shirei (司令) in Chapter One and is referred to as taichou (隊長) in this chapter, but both terms seem to mean "commander." Maybe somebody who's more familiar with military ranks can help us out on this one?

Blog Entries

Back at headquarters, Gerubu reports the good news to Fraud. Now that the three legendary pokemon are in their hands, it's time for "those three" to take the stage. Fraud smiles.

The text at the bottom of the last panel tells us that the three people Gerubu was referring to will appear in the next chapter.
    Three people? Correct me if I'm wrong, but we've only seen four of the Great Gavel Seven Warriors, right?

If so, then I guess it's the remaining ones.

Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

And shit just got realer :P

GG have all three legendaries musketeer Pokemon in-hand, so I definitely see a Keldeo burst in the future.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 3rd December 2012 at 10:03 AM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

And what do ya know, just in time for this year's movie!

...I have a feeling I'm going to be all Keldeo'ed out by the end of the summer.

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Cobalion would be the first Legendary Muskeeters member (or leader if you prefer) confirmed for the new RéBURST chapters. This means these new RéBURST chapters will be the first in the manga series to having more than one legendary Pokémon in a single chapter. Prior to this chapter, we had seen only one legendary Pokémon, Zekrom, in the RéBURST manga series. This also marks the Legendary Muskeeters will make their manga debut earlier than their anime debut (Kyurem vs. the Sacred Swordsmen). Keldeo will be appeared in the next chapter after Cobalion, Virizion and Terrakion.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

There has been no confirmation that Keldeo will appear in next week's chapter.

Also, both Terrakion and Virizion appear in this week's chapter in addition to Cobalon.

Blog Entries

Hey, this exists. And it updated, so let's be posting.

So, instead of three, we get six, though I expect it to drop back down to three soon enough.

From the first trio, we have: Kigyan (Druddigon warrior. Name is a pun on Crimgan), Rukofu (Mandibuzz warrior. Name is a pun on Vulgina....I think. They both have the character "ru", I guess....), and Toga (Eelektross warrior. I can't find a pun).

The second trio is: Amu (Cobalion warrior), Robī (Virizion warrior), and Ganku (Terrakion warrior).
    Last edited by Eitarou; 23rd May 2012 at 09:34 AM.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Male bursting with a female-only Pokemon?

Surgeon of Death 捷克羅姆's Avatar Bulbanews WriterBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

[b]Maybe? He was shirei (司令) in Chapter One and is referred to as taichou (隊長) in this chapter, but both terms seem to mean "commander." Maybe somebody who's more familiar with military ranks can help us out on this one?
    I'm not an expert in military terms, but I think 司令 is referring to the leader of a field army, while 隊長 is just the leader of a much smaller team.

Now on to the current chapter, I'm glad to see what goes on within the organization. I'm guessing that since Halil and Carola had already quit. GG should probably have had a stronger and more loyal team in case this ever happens. Now onto the Burst, Cobalion Burst looks cool (Amu's the leader?), Virizion Burst looks good too (More fanservice...), and the Terrakion's Burst is blocked by Amu...

So, I'm guessing that we won't seeing Ryouga and the gang in the next chapter due to the battle between the Seven Three Warriors and the Three Generals (三闘将 - "Three brave leader", "three war generals/commanders/admirals/leaders"...)

Name origin speculation:
    Last edited by 捷克羅姆; 23rd May 2012 at 06:46 AM.

All those bursts look pretty sweet...except Elektross. rofl

I guess that answers my question on whether people can burst into a Pokemon of the opposite sex. With those eyebrows and teeth, I would've expected Aamu/Arm to burst into Darmanitan or something instead. When I saw those plumb-line-like burst hearts, I thought of "The Sims". >_>

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast