SPECIAL: June 2013 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

Thread: June 2013 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default June 2013 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

Well, that's a wrap for BW... I guess this means our fears of volume-only material are now justified....

Only one more chapter left in Ichiban, and it'll take place before this, most likely...

Next month's Pokemon Fan will begin a new development. I think we all know what that implies....

Blog Entries

Default Re: June 2013 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

I can certainly imagine White being the main protagonist of the B2W2 saga while wearing Rosa's clothes. I'll feel sorry for her if that doesn't happen.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: June 2013 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

Some shots from the new Red and Pika chapter.

According to what I've heard, the Super Rising Thunder technique Gold used to defeat Pryce was actually Volt Tackle. Hahaha, retcons.

The Poliwrath and Venusaur are wild Pokemon.

The Mossdeep Space Center found viruses attached to the Meteorite. Now we know exactly when the Deoxys were created.

And a summary of the previous chapter.

Also. I've picked up Pokemon Fan. There isn't really much deviation from the games, including Ghetsis's dialogues. Basically he revealed to Black how N was just a pawn all along, and that his aim was to have Team Plasma be the only ones who can own Pokemon. He seeks to kill off Black so that no one will know that N has been defeated and he can still be the 'King' that people can look up to. He mentioned the reason his Pokemon all have type advantages against Black's is that Black has interfered with them too many times and he has specifically prepared such team of Pokemon. So Eelektross -> Carracosta and Braviary, Cofagrigus -> Musharna, Seismitoad -> Emboar, Hydreigon's flame -> Galvantula, and Reshiram is too tired to fight. Hydreigon's flames seem to be weirdly 'alive' and they stop Black's every move.

Eventually, Black managed to get Brav to stall Eelektross long enough for Carra to distract Cofagrigus, allowing Musha to be freed for his signature 'detective' work. He spots Volcorona camouflaged by the sunrays, and gets Musha to reveal it. He realizes that the 'live' flames are due to Volcorona's embers and not Hydreigon. Brav blows them away with Whirlwind, and then Black juggles his team around. Carracosta's Stone Edge faints Volcarona, Braviary's Sky Drop faints Cofagrigus, Musha's Hidden Power faints Seismitoad, Emboar's Flare Blitz faints Eelektross, and finally Galvantula's X-Scissor faints Hydreigon. Ghetsis turns away while revealing that they got Volcorona from the Relic Castle, and it also produced an egg which hatched into a Larvesta, which was given to one of the Shadow Triad. Black stops Ghetsis's tracks with another Stone Edge, then begins to descent back to the ground.

==================

So, basically, the battle against Ghetsis was quite rushed and Black really just placed a barrier of rocks in front of Ghetsis to stop him. Don't ask me why Black's Pokemon each could KO Ghetsis's with one single attack (some not even super effective). Next issue was slated to have a 'shocking new beginning', but there is no typical 'End of BW chapter' mark here, which they always did with past series if they are the last issue featuring a series. So I guess July's Fan will still be BW, but possibly serving as a link to BW2. This chapter was way to rushed to be considered an end anyway. I wonder how the upcoming Ichiban chapter will end, because it's labelled as BW's finale on Ichiban and yet it clearly needs to feature stuff linking to the Reshi/Zek battle.

Coronis~
    Last edited by Eitarou; 7th June 2013 at 09:51 PM.