SPECIAL: June 2012 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: June 2012 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default June 2012 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

Looks like Pokemon Fan has White vs Ingo and Emmet.

Thanks, @sunyshore;

Yay, White doesn't suck at battles anymore! She beat Ingo. Not sure about Emmet, though.

Translation of the final page (from Professorbel): “Oh, you’ve begun having a ‘girls talk’? That sounds interesting so I’m going to listen. Please, continue talking.”

More, from Karubi. (Twitpic's being glitchy as hell today, so just uploading somewhere else.

White, stop being adorable.

Also, Servine knows Leaf Storm.
    Last edited by Eitarou; 31st May 2012 at 09:57 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: June 2012 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

I have to wonder what White will do once she's become proficient enough in battling. Have they even mentioned why she decided to take up battling? I know losing Bubu to N practically shut down her Pokemon Musical business. And I think I remember her saying something about trying to change Bubu's mind about leaving her. But N is going to make things incredibly difficult for her, considering how the infamous ferris wheel scene went down. It would be nice if she got good enough to face off against N, but since he has Zekrom now, I don't think that's an option anymore. And as far as the whole Tao Trio plot goes, I can't see her playing a major role in it, unfortunately.

Not to mention the mystery of why N's Servine was sent to accompany White. Was that even N's Servine to begin with, or did it belong to one of the other Pokedex holders, Cheren or Belle?

These chapters are all over the place, so it's a little hard to follow.
    Last edited by smalllady; 1st June 2012 at 09:15 PM.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

According to 2ch, White caught new Pokemon?

A Stunfisk (Maggyo) named Dorothy, a Alomomola (Mamanbou) named Nancy, a Solosis (Yuniran) named Unibou (romanization?), and Servine (Janovy) is named Amanda.

Not sure if true. @Dogasu; can you confirm if it's true or not?

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    I have to wonder what White will do once she's become proficient enough in battling. Have they even mentioned why she decided to take up battling? I know losing Bubu to N practically shut down her Pokemon Musical business. And I think I remember her saying something about trying to change Bubu's mind about leaving her. But N is going to make things incredibly difficult for her, considering how the infamous ferris wheel scene went down. It would be nice if she got good enough to face off against N, but since he has Zekrom now, I don't think that's an option anymore. And as far as the whole Tao Trio plot goes, I can't see her playing a major role in it, unfortunately.

Not to mention the mystery of why N's Servine was sent to accompany White. Was that even N's Servine to begin with, or did it belong to one of the other Pokedex holders, Cheren or Belle?

These chapters are all over the place, so it's a little hard to follow.
    It's just a wild Pokemon he found. Cheren is explicitly shown to still have his Snivy.

I like where this story is going.
    Last edited by Eitarou; 2nd June 2012 at 02:27 AM.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Sorry for taking so long to read this!

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou
    Yay, White doesn't suck at battles anymore! She beat Ingo. Not sure about Emmet, though.
    Actually, she only tied with Nobori. Kudari was just the referee.

After the battle, Nobori congratulated White on her draw, saying that even a tie is proof of how much she's grown.

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady
    I have to wonder what White will do once she's become proficient enough in battling. Have they even mentioned why she decided to take up battling?
    I think it's just her letting her pokemon try new things. I think N convinced her - or at the very least, planted the seed in her brain - that she basically forced her pokemon to dress up and perform on stage for her, so she's trying battling now to see if her pokemon like *that* any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou
    According to 2ch, White caught new Pokemon?

A Stunfisk (Maggyo) named Dorothy, a Alomomola (Mamanbou) named Nancy, a Solosis (Yuniran) named Unibou (romanization?), and Servine (Janovy) is named Amanda.
    Pretty much. Maggyo's name is written out as Doroshii (どろしー), Mamanbou's is written out as Nanshii (なんしー), Uniran's is written out as Yunibou (ゆにぼう), and Janovy's is written out as Amanda (あまんだ). I see that Maggyo's nickname has the word doro, or "mud" in it, but I can't really see the meaning of the other nicknames.

Maybe @捷克羅姆 can take a stab at it?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Surgeon of Death 捷克羅姆's Avatar Bulbanews WriterBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Pretty much. Maggyo's name is written out as Doroshii (どろしー), Mamanbou's is written out as Nanshii (なんしー), Uniran's is written out as Yunibou (ゆにぼう), and Janovy's is written out as Amanda (あまんだ). I see that Maggyo's nickname has the word doro, or "mud" in it, but I can't really see the meaning of the other nicknames.
    Yunibou is from Uniran and (possibly) ぼうじん boujin (Overcoat).

Amanda is most likely from あまのじゃく Amanojaku (Contrary).

As for Nancy, I don't really know, but it sounds like nanny...

Blog Entries

A summary, from Coronis.

Basically the chapter deals with White arrving in Anville and meeting Bianca who's seen playing flute. It is revealed that Bianca is very talented in playing musical instruments. Yet, she reveals her sad story that she is still being pursued by her father, and thus has made nearly zero accomplishments on her journey. She even demonstrated to White that her Oshawott and Litwick still fight as if they were rookies. White convinces Bianca that everyone has their place in the world, and brings her back to Castelia's Cafe. Meloetta actually seems to live in Anville, and follows them on the Subway after hearing Bianca's flute music.

Anyway, at the Cafe, upon arrival, White is shocked to see that the place is ruined. It is revealed that a Vullaby is chasing Meloetta (seems like Meloetta got off the Subway and ran off to the Cafe earlier than White and Bianca do). The musician at the Cafe has his hand injured and is sad that he could not play the song on the guitar which he has hoped to play with Meloetta one day (which he said he has been waiting to meet his whole life). Bianca decides to contribute, and picks up the guitar...

Blog Entries

I think it's just her letting her pokemon try new things. I think N convinced her - or at the very least, planted the seed in her brain - that she basically forced her pokemon to dress up and perform on stage for her, so she's trying battling now to see if her pokemon like *that* any better.
    But she doesn't have any of the Pokemon from her former Musical business. She said something about sending all of those Pokemon back to their "parents." When she started out at the Subway, she only had N's Servine, a Deerling that she caught with Black's assistance, and she ended up borrowing Black's Braviary.

It seems like she's trying to improve her battling skills in order to be able to convince Bubu to come back to her. But I don't think she's thought this out completely. Again, I don't think N will take this well, since he said something about Bubu having an Ember attack strong enough to "challenge the Champion." So it seems like he has his own plans for Bubu. If White does decide to confront N, I don't think it will go well at all.

If anything, Black may have to confront N first before White can think about getting Bubu back.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by 捷克羅姆 View Post
    Yunibou is from Uniran and (possibly) ぼうじん boujin (Overcoat).

Amanda is most likely from あまのじゃく Amanojaku (Contrary).

As for Nancy, I don't really know, but it sounds like nanny...
    Probably referring to Nanny, since the Pokemon is know for its healing abilities.

White's Janovy's nickname is Amanda? Wow, I thought the thing was a boy. It's a nice reference to Janovy's Dream World ability though.

I'm not sure why the heck White would own a Maggyo, it doesn't suit her imo. But, sometimes Pokemon that don't suit the owner end up being fun. White might make me like Maggyo a lot.

So, Janovy(Amanda, Amanojaku -Contrary), Uniran(Overcoat), Maggyo(Dorothy-Doro-Dirt, Mud), Mamanbou(,(Nanny-Healing ability) and Jessica(Jeshika-Shikijiki) and Black's War. She owns a full team of 6 now. I'm still pretty shocked should would own a Maggyo, a female Maggyo at that. Named Dorothy.

追放されたバカ

How is she gonna use Nanny on land? It can't float unless it has Psychic...Oh wait...if Elizabeth the Luvdisc can float, so can she...*begins talking in Emily Nutella voice*Oooh, that's different! NEVER MIND...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    How is she gonna use Nanny on land? It can't float unless it has Psychic...Oh wait...if Elizabeth the Luvdisc can float, so can she...*begins talking in Emily Nutella voice*Oooh, that's different! NEVER MIND...
    What? That's not true.

Water-type Pokemon have been shown floating above land throughout this entire series.

追放されたバカ

Oops...I still like her lineup, though...

We need to have more Gigi and N plot action soon...

Blog Entries

Last edited by Eitarou; 21st June 2012 at 07:26 AM.

Blog Entries

Can't help to think N as a total crazy in this scene. Anyway, Black will have Reshiram, so, should be a good fight.
    Man, when you stop to think of it DP did have some crap in it. Its just that when people think about DP, they only remember Paul, Pokehunter J/Galactic and all the Gyms and Contests episodes....basically the good parts.
    And... there are actually a lot of BW episodes that have pissed me off. By this point it'd be easier to just list the ones that I can stand to watch. The more the series progresses, the more the writing of these episodes piss me off.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

So N's trying to befriend Zekrom. Zekrom looks interested.

Later, Black makes it through Hachiku's maze and battles. As the Gym Battle goes on, Black finds out that Hachiku has been training him to revive Reshiram and use its power to defeat the Plasma-Dan.

Black's Emboar defeats Hachiku's Freezio with Fighting-Type moves.
    Hachiku's Vanirich freezes Emboar after using a combination of Hail and its "Ice Body" Ability.
    Black's Mun'na gets in a hit with Psychokinesis but is eventually defeated by Vanirich.
    Black's Protoga defeats Vanirich with Scald.
    The last battle between Hachiku's Tsunbear and Black's Protoga is about to begin.

Elsewhere, in Souryuu City, Shaga has gathered everyone together to announce that the Pokemon League has been pushed up. Now, instead of being three months away, it'll start a week from now!!
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

OK, so, Goura's up next.

Guess that means he'll evolve next month?

If so, finally! And it only took, what? 3 months, give or take?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11th September 2012, 11:26 PM