June 2011 "Pocket Monsters Reburst" Review Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: June 2011 "Pocket Monsters Reburst" Review Thread

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: June 2011 "Pocket Monsters Reburst" Review Thread

New chap is out. Miruto is healing Ryouga and Yappy is in some well deserved trouble with yet another Burst Warrior, this time the Burst is Boldore...or Gigalith, it's kind of ambiguous...

So his name is Rendo (Rend?) and he can use a Boldore (Yeah, I'm sure it's Boldore) Burst....
    Last edited by Eitarou; 7th June 2011 at 11:19 AM.

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

Long guy is loooong. That seems to be a Boldore alright! Oh boy, what did Yappy do now? I heard he went off and stole the Burst heart container thing while Ryouga was fighting Kharil/Haril.

Nice to see Milt being useful, even though it's the clichéd "female healer" role.

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Long? The first pic has Rend looking average sized...I think those are boots that are making him look taller.

Yeah, in the last fight he ran away because he couldn't handle the danger...and now he's going to pay for it.

Oh well, healing or not, Miruto is contributing...somewhat...and that's better than just standing around and giving advice while Ryouga does the fighting...

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

I should've made myself clearer. I meant he looked very long when in Boldore form, but it could just the boots.

~Tumblr~Twitter~

Surgeon of Death 捷克羅姆's Avatar Bulbanews WriterBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

Lol at Yappy's face.

Those rock patterns on Rend/Rendo definitely says Boldore. Is he affliated with Great Gavel (as in one of the Seven Warriors)?

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

We should find out if he is or not, soon. I would've thought the Seven GG Warriors would be more spread out with their debuts. So far we have 3 known ones, and Rend/Rendo as the possible 4th.

~Tumblr~Twitter~

Blog Entries

I have a feeling that the Seven Warriors are only the beginning. After they go down, another set of powerful members of GG will be revealed.

Then, once they go down, it's the boss's turn...whoever he is..(I really hope it isn't too predictable and the boss turns out to be Arcades or Ryouga's father...or both)

Also, I'm wondering...if Ryouga is unconscious right now...and Yappy is who knows where...just how will he escape?

Honestly, I'm just hoping that Yappy is saved by the sleep mask guy here...he and big nose on the far left are the only characters from the original picture to make an appearance on the first chapters cover, so that makes them more likely to appear than the rest...

Last edited by Eitarou; 8th June 2011 at 08:43 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Newest Chapter seems to center around Miruto healing Yappi and Ryuuga.

Oh, it seems the cover has already been posted.

I was under the impression Super Potions were only used on Pokemon, not humans such as Yappi and Ryouga.

Quote Originally Posted by Eitaroo View Post
    I have a feeling that the Seven Warriors are only the beginning. After they go down, another set of powerful members of GG will be revealed.

Honestly, I'm just hoping that Yappy is saved by the sleep mask guy here...he and big nose on the far left are the only characters from the original picture to make an appearance on the first chapters cover, so that makes them more likely to appear than the rest...

Interesting theory, it may also be possible that these characters didn't make the final cut. But, your theory seems more plausible.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 9th June 2011 at 12:52 AM.

Blog Entries

Actually, Yappy isn't even with them...(he ran away in the last chapter because he was scared of the danger....what a wuss) he's somewhere else and is about to get hurt.

You know, I've been thinking...but does anyone else want some of these questions asked as the series goes on?

Just what is Burst? Where did it come from and how was it discovered? Just what exactly is a Burst Heart? (My theory on this is that the Burst Hearts are Gems but modified somehow)
    What is this organization that Miruto works for? Who is this "Jake" person? (I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up again)
    Just what does the Great Gavel do? Do they just do the standard take Pokemon thing? Or do they do something more?
    Just who or what is this Arcades? And just what is his connection to Ryouga's father? (This will definitely be answered)
    Last edited by Eitarou; 9th June 2011 at 01:06 AM.

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

I know I sure do! Hopefully that will be explained later. We're not even sure how long this series will run.

I've also been getting Tony Tony Chopper vibes from Yappy.

~Tumblr~Twitter~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by H.M View Post
    I know I sure do! Hopefully that will be explained later. We're not even sure how long this series will run.

I've also been getting Tony Tony Chopper vibes from Yappy.
    How dare you insult Chopper like tha----I mean, yeah, I hope it does get explained...

Speaking of which, how long does the average Shonen Sunday series last? I've seen some that go well into the Hundreds (Conan, Kenichi, Kekkaishi). But how long do the other series that don't go that far last?

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Eitaroo
    Also, I'm wondering...if Ryouga is unconscious right now...
    He's not unconscious, though. He wakes up at the beginning of the latest chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika
    I was under the impression Super Potions were only used on Pokemon, not humans such as Yappi and Ryouga.
    The potion pictured there isn't used on any humans in that chapter. Not really sure why it's featured on the chapter's title page.

Quote Originally Posted by Eitaroo
    Actually, Yappy isn't even with them...(he ran away in the last chapter because he was scared of the danger....what a wuss) he's somewhere else and is about to get hurt.
    Not quite. He ran off with the Compass of Light so he can try to sell it. He fails to attract any customers, however, because nobody knows what the hell things like a "Compass of Light" or "Burst Heart" is. All of the townspeople who pass by Yappy's little makeshift store just think it's some kind of plate or something. Eventually, Rendo-sensei (not sure yet if the "-sensei" there is supposed to mean "teacher" or "doctor") spots the compass while passing by and challenges Yappy to a battle.

Just what exactly is a Burst Heart? (My theory on this is that the Burst Hearts are Gems but modified somehow)
    The Doryuuzu that popped out of Hilgreitz's Burst Heart after he was defeated shows us that they have an actual pokemon sealed inside them.

Of course, this also means that pokemon like Zekrom and Zorroa have also been sealed inside Burst Hearts somehow.

Just what does the Great Gavel do? Do they just do the standard take Pokemon thing? Or do they do something more?
    The dialogue we've had so far suggests that the GG is an organization that essentially weaponizes pokemon. We see a bit of this in the first chapter when Commander Yaza used all those fire-type pokemon to power his giant club-like weapon.
    Last edited by Dogasu; 10th June 2011 at 09:38 AM.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ryouga fights Boldore Dude this week...and yeah, it shows a picture of Boldore in case anyone was wondering if it was meant to be Gigalith.

(why can't I read this manga. :( )

Blog Entries

Oh goddammit Jin, stop torturing me like this...

Oh, and the cover for volume one is out.

Last edited by Eitarou; 14th June 2011 at 04:03 PM.

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

Man, it's so weird seeing Rouga having green hair. I thought he had blackish hair with a green sheen or just a really dark green color.

That cover is cool, but...why are they floating up in the air for no reason? :P

~Tumblr~Twitter~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast