SPECIAL: July 2013 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: July 2013 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: July 2013 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post

But Why Rakutsu & International Police looking for Faitsu ?
    Because she's a former member of Team Plasma?
    But She's not the only Member !
    There are a lot of important member in Team Plasma .
    So Why Rakutsu so interested in a girl who probably was a mare Grunt ?
    At least , We haven't seen any female Team member who was 2 year then younger Black .
    What information does Faitsu hold which made her more important then 7 sage ?
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 3rd July 2013 at 12:25 PM.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post

But Why Rakutsu & International Police looking for Faitsu ?
    Because she's a former member of Team Plasma?
    But She's not the only Member !
    There are a lot of important member in Team Plasma .
    So Why Rakutsu so interested in a girl who probably was a mare Grunt ?

At least , We haven't seen any female Team member who was 2 year then younger Black .
    What information does Faitsu hold which made her more important then 7 sage ?
    He isn't. He doesn't even know that she's a member.

He's looking for any member.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Oh, Special. It's super cute how you're only just now getting around to promoting a game that came out over a year ago.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Oh, Special. It's super cute how you're only just now getting around to promoting a game that came out over a year ago.
    First of all, the manga are doing this when the anime have ended B2W2 promotion and is starting promoting XY with Sylveon and starting in the next episode (in 2 weeks) with Alexa/Pansy and Helioptile/Elikiteru; Gogoat and Noivern/Onban..

I think that Pokemon Adventures could be on their way into cancellation. I'm 40/60 on it happening. But there are thinks that I know that could mean the cancellation of the manga as a whole:

-As we know, the Pokemon franchise is not having the best moments right now. We know it for seversal reasons (ratings, game sales, etc) It's still popular but it was more popular in older generations, one of them being Gen IV.

-But the Pokemon franchise can't be said that is having a real risk of cancellation soon. Specially if XY gets 8+ milloin copies at the end of the year.

But I think that the Pokemon Special mnga could be in the process of cancellation. But before I'll go canon by canon sayiung what canon has risk of being cancelled right now.
    -Main series games. NO. This is the most important cannon and is the one who keeps the franchise alive. A main series game get around 15 milloins of copies, a third version get 7 millions of copies. Taking note that everything not named Mario has not got more than 2 million. And if the series gets a lot of copies they aren't going to end the franchise soon.
    -Secondary games. They probably will be less but they are going to do them because they promote the franchise. Speciually 3DS eShop games.
    -Anime. NO. Even with high 3s of average in Da! (a filler saga with no plot). An episode of Da! gets more viewers than the numbers of copies of B2W2 sold in Japan. And is the canon who promotes more the games to children. Not happening.
    -Movie. I doubt it. They cost money but they get a lot of money from merchandise. I don't see stopping making them.
    -Merchandise. NO. The franchise lives in part for this merchandise. The Pokemon franchise will try to seel as much as merchandise as possible, specially in Japan where more merchandise is sold.
    -TCG: They coooould doooo... but I don't see it. It appears to be popular enough to keep the franchise alive and they are doing more helkp than everything. I don't know TCG too well... but I don't see it being cancelled. Apparently has the same issues of a worldwide release and the anime, though.
    -Poicket Monsters Manga: I doubt it. It only airs in japan but is printed on C>oroCoro and it's really popular. I don't see it.

Why I see Special getting cancelled?
    Because:
    -They are starting B2W2 one year and 8 days after the games were released in japan and when every cannon is stopped promoting it, Nintendo are promoting XY and the anime will be poromoting XY soon.
    -If they want to get XY on release, they have to do 5-6 episodes. It's ridiculous. But taking a standard route with the magazines, to get a B2W2 arc of about 14 episodesl, they start airing XY in Srping 2014!!!!. Even thorught the games are released in october, themnaga is starting to promote months after the games are released.
    -The magazines being released too consecutively. They are releasing 3 issues in 3 months, This coulkd be a signal of the magazines going to be cancelled.
    -They only have oine magazine a month to pu8blish the manga (escept for the months where fans are released). For a series like Adventures, is really low. Going from 30 episodes a year to 18 episodes a year is going the 40% of the epsidoes. GameFreak makes games when they want/can. The TCG has release as standard. The anime has a lot each week and 48 slots each year.

And mainly, the Pokemon Company not consider the manga important. Go here and you won't see any traqce of the manga in the website meaning that the manga isn't important to the franchise. If they end the manga, this could be money that if they lose money, they stop losing. Stopping airing the anime will cause people stopping playing the games and the sales of merchandise will plummett.

Soory for the off-topic.

For the actual episode, It'0s a shame that mnga prints in black and white and that Rosa don't appears int he anime because I was always interested in seeing Rosa clothes since the start. Apparently, they aren't anything special.

And this manga will be a "Searching for Black" route. Well.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GO, GO, GO, <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I want to start with XY as soon as is possible.

I have unpopular opinions: I prefer an older character returning but it isn't from the original trio. I was one of the few who liked both DP and BW. And I think that TR shouldn't leave in the anime.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphia View Post

There's nothing suggesting that.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    First of all, the manga are doing this when the anime have ended B2W2 promotion and is starting promoting XY with Sylveon and starting in the next episode (in 2 weeks) with Alexa/Pansy and Helioptile/Elikiteru; Gogoat and Noivern/Onban..

I think that Pokemon Adventures could be on their way into cancellation. I'm 40/60 on it happening. But there are thinks that I know that could mean the cancellation of the manga as a whole:

-As we know, the Pokemon franchise is not having the best moments right now. We know it for seversal reasons (ratings, game sales, etc) It's still popular but it was more popular in older generations, one of them being Gen IV.

-But the Pokemon franchise can't be said that is having a real risk of cancellation soon. Specially if XY gets 8+ milloin copies at the end of the year.

But I think that the Pokemon Special mnga could be in the process of cancellation. But before I'll go canon by canon sayiung what canon has risk of being cancelled right now.
    -Main series games. NO. This is the most important cannon and is the one who keeps the franchise alive. A main series game get around 15 milloins of copies, a third version get 7 millions of copies. Taking note that everything not named Mario has not got more than 2 million. And if the series gets a lot of copies they aren't going to end the franchise soon.
    -Secondary games. They probably will be less but they are going to do them because they promote the franchise. Speciually 3DS eShop games.
    -Anime. NO. Even with high 3s of average in Da! (a filler saga with no plot). An episode of Da! gets more viewers than the numbers of copies of B2W2 sold in Japan. And is the canon who promotes more the games to children. Not happening.
    -Movie. I doubt it. They cost money but they get a lot of money from merchandise. I don't see stopping making them.
    -Merchandise. NO. The franchise lives in part for this merchandise. The Pokemon franchise will try to seel as much as merchandise as possible, specially in Japan where more merchandise is sold.
    -TCG: They coooould doooo... but I don't see it. It appears to be popular enough to keep the franchise alive and they are doing more helkp than everything. I don't know TCG too well... but I don't see it being cancelled. Apparently has the same issues of a worldwide release and the anime, though.
    -Poicket Monsters Manga: I doubt it. It only airs in japan but is printed on C>oroCoro and it's really popular. I don't see it.

Why I see Special getting cancelled?
    Because:
    -They are starting B2W2 one year and 8 days after the games were released in japan and when every cannon is stopped promoting it, Nintendo are promoting XY and the anime will be poromoting XY soon.
    -If they want to get XY on release, they have to do 5-6 episodes. It's ridiculous. But taking a standard route with the magazines, to get a B2W2 arc of about 14 episodesl, they start airing XY in Srping 2014!!!!. Even thorught the games are released in october, themnaga is starting to promote months after the games are released.
    -The magazines being released too consecutively. They are releasing 3 issues in 3 months, This coulkd be a signal of the magazines going to be cancelled.
    -They only have oine magazine a month to pu8blish the manga (escept for the months where fans are released). For a series like Adventures, is really low. Going from 30 episodes a year to 18 episodes a year is going the 40% of the epsidoes. GameFreak makes games when they want/can. The TCG has release as standard. The anime has a lot each week and 48 slots each year.

And mainly, the Pokemon Company not consider the manga important. Go here and you won't see any traqce of the manga in the website meaning that the manga isn't important to the franchise. If they end the manga, this could be money that if they lose money, they stop losing. Stopping airing the anime will cause people stopping playing the games and the sales of merchandise will plummett.

Soory for the off-topic.

For the actual episode, It'0s a shame that mnga prints in black and white and that Rosa don't appears int he anime because I was always interested in seeing Rosa clothes since the start. Apparently, they aren't anything special.

Oh , You come to cancellation just because Pokemon Adventure doesn't try GARBAGE Plot like the Anime in excuse of Game Promotion and actually try to writer a good story .
    Try the Best Selling list and you will find Pokemon BW Adventure Volume always been in Top Ten Best selling list in New Time !
    Also ,
    Pokemon XY Haven't Come Out Yet !
    Kusaka probably taking his time so he can understand the game so he come up with Better plot .
    Also , Kusaka can bring Kalo region Pokemon in BW2 Ark like the Anime Did !
    Do You think Anybody care about Kusaka not Promoting Game & Plushie's like Anime did and trying to write an enjoyable Pokemon series i
    People are surprise at the development about Pokemon B2W2 series and excited about the next chapter rather then ranting about Kusaka haven't already start promoting Pokemon X & Y !
    As For Pokemon Da Goes ,
    It been kicked out of Top ten list.
    Only 2 episode's rating were good enough to reach Top Ten list.
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 4th July 2013 at 12:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Keep the talk about Pokespe's cancellation to a minimum of non-existence.

This is for the B2W2 chapter only.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Keep the talk about Pokespe's cancellation to a minimum of non-existence.

This is for the B2W2 chapter only.
    By the way ,
    Do You think Rakutsu Or any other Dexholder can sense a Pokemon's Power Level !
    I mean , Cynthia & Palmer can !
    I wonder if Ganesect going to play a part in this Chapter .
    Hoodman is one who control's it , right ?
    Hoodman probably Colress .
    By the Way , Are You excited about seeing Iris in her champion's Outfit !
    I wonder if Rakutsu can turn her into his fangirl .

Blog Entries

We now know the identity of the Hood Man.

And to the surprise of NO ONE, it's the guy everyone thought it would be.
    FANG-TAN and DarkTouya like this.

So cool ! Wonder with who is Colress talking ? All these amazing scenes of Rakutsu in action ! Yeah he's going to fight with Genesect !

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Rakutsu personality seem so different here !
    Kind a Bitchy .

Blog Entries

Just picked up the magazine. I'm liking how the writers finally take liberty into creating non-game-inspired aspects again.

This is probably a blend of 2 chapters when it gets to the volume releases because there are many overlap pages with the Fan issue. It starts with the Hoodman speaking to Ghetsis after the League events. It is revealed that the Hoodman used his Beeheeyem to manipulate several people to release their Pokemon, which influenced trainers with weak minds to do the same, and thus allowed a snowballing effecting of Pokemon liberation in the first place. Ghetsis wishes to work with the Hoodman again some day, but the Hoodman only agrees to it if it doesn't compromise his important research. And as expected, he reveals himself to be Colress.

We go to the same scene as in Fan where Looker is returning to Unova with Croagunk. After landing, they see many non-Unova Pokemon, and wonder if Team Plasma has anything to do with the change of ecology. They arrive at the Trainer School, and the encounter scene with Rakutsu was basically the same albeit there were several dialogue alterations. Looker confirms with his superior that Rakutsu is of the superintendent class, because even at 12, he is of the Super S rank in the Int. Police force. Looker's senior actually refers to Rakutsu as Mister Perfect, and he has been working undercover in the school for 5 months now. He also comments that Rakutsu has perfect skills with handling girls, which is the exact opposite of Looker.

Rakutsu's Dewott polishes its scalchop everytime after a battle, and it notices that its scalpchop was slightly cracked this time. Rakutsu comments that out of the 400 battles it had, this is only the second time the scalchop suffered from damage, and rationalizes that the Scolipede was no ordinary wild Pokemon, but postulates that it used to be trainer-owned but then released back to the wild. On the other hand, there is also a chance that someone knew that Looker was an international police officer, and thus provoked the Scolipede to attack.

Rakutsu then heads off with the Variable Rope, ending up in some backstreet alley where he enters some game arcade. He activates the switch to enter its secret underground chamber, where he meets a weird man called the Magician. It turns out that the Magician is someone who keeps Rakutsu's health and maintains his gears. Rakutsu goes for a CT scan, and the Magician does a fit test for Rakutsu in an attempt to create a hand-fit Pokeball cover, which facilitates Rakutsu in using Pokeballs. Rakutsu pays the Magician to speed up the process of the cover manufacture, and Looker is shocked by all this. Rakutsu takes Looker to the training ground, and gets Croagunk to fire its attacks on some Grumpig panels. Although Croagunk scores perfect hits in the first attempt, it fails to hit anything when Rakutsu turns up a simulated sandstorm and flames. Rakutsu tells Looker the important of excelling in adverse conditions.

Suddenly, a loud bang is heard upstairs, and they go up to find Genesect. Rakutsu tells Looker that he went through maintenance regularly for situations like this, when the enemy is apparently stronger than usual. With that, Dewott jumps forward for a Razor Shell...

========================================

I haven't played B2W2 extensively, but I believe the Magician and his maintenance store are original materials. I don't recall seeing such part of backstreets in Aspertia either. I'm liking how B2W2 is shaping up so far.

Coronis~
    Summary from Coronis.

I'm a little bit disappointed, I thought that he would be around 14-15 years old like Black.

The story is progressing well. I can't wait to see the battle against Genesect.

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTouya View Post
    I'm a little bit disappointed, I thought that he would be around 14-15 years old like Black.
    Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if he really is younger. The protagonists of BW2 looked more like they were the same age as the Gen I-IV protagonists than their BW predecessors. Kusaka was probably following that.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

They looked young but they weren't, that's the art style of Unno. When we compare them with the BW protagonists we can see that they're almost the same and the animated trailer completely confirmed that. We can also say that the authors never pursued the exact storyline of the games...

It don't bother as much, they'll offer us a good story and just hope that they won't rush the end like the BW chapters. I wish that the next chapter will focus around Faitsu.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast