SPECIAL: July 2013 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 51
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: July 2013 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

  1. #16
    本物の神様 FANG-TAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    マサラタウン
    Posts
    895
    Blog Entries
    73
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: July 2013 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DaPandaBear View Post
    So Black2 (that's what I'll call him since that's the translation of his Japanese name anyway and I can't remember his Japanese name :P)
    Black 2 and White 2 aren't translations of their Japanese names. Their names are puns of Black 2 (Burakku Tsuu ---> Rakutsu) and White 2 (Howaito Tsu ---> Faitsu), which are pronounced in English. Otherwise they would be called Kurotsuu and Shirotsuu.

    ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

  2. #17
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: July 2013 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread



    Okay , What relationship does Rakutsu has with Yancy in the manga.
    Why is She's crying ? Is she playing the role of Heroin in a Movie ?
    Is Rakutsu a Television star as well along with Yancy ?
    I hope we could see Yancy more .

  3. #18
    Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    cuyahoga falls ohio
    Posts
    1,097
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default Re: July 2013 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

    Seems to have a lot of water works, short tempers, IM ABOUT TO RELEASE MY RAAAAGEEEZZZ!!!!, and bad hair days. Cant wait for a dub

  4. #19
    Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Konohagakure
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: July 2013 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

    Black2 is a member of the International Police and Looker's boss. And White2 is a member of Team Plasma. Sounds awesome so far.

  5. #20
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: July 2013 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

    I wonder What Rakutsu's actual Post in International Police !
    Considering that He's Looker's Boss , He should be an ASP !
    He also seem to be Flirtatious like Gold !
    Accept Girls are attracted To him. (Gold Will be so Mad if he see's this )
    He also good at Fake Smiling .
    It seem He & Hugh switch Role . Normally its the Rival who usually popular with Girl and has a Fake smile While The Protagonist is a Trouble-making Hot blooded Kid Who isn't attracted to any girl . But It seem The Protagonist Rakutsu has the personality of A rival while the rival has the personality of A Protagonist !
    Like Tagiru & Yuu from Digimon Fusion

    Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1 View Post
    Seems to have a lot of water works, short tempers, IM ABOUT TO RELEASE MY RAAAAGEEEZZZ!!!!, and bad hair days. Cant wait for a dub
    Dude , What are You even saying ?
    I don't understand a thing !
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 1st July 2013 at 09:50 AM.

  6. #21
    Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    cuyahoga falls ohio
    Posts
    1,097
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default Re: July 2013 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1 View Post
    Seems to have a lot of water works, short tempers, IM ABOUT TO RELEASE MY RAAAAGEEEZZZ!!!!, and bad hair days. Cant wait for a dub
    Dude , What are You even saying ?
    I don't understand a thing !
    Yancy is close to bauling her eyes out, Hugh is nearly freaking out in alomst every shot with him, and everyone seems to have an awful hairdo. this to me has a lot of potetnial for a good exciting and funny story (or at least chapter[s]). i am excited for when they dub the story so i can read it in English because i cant understand Japanese

  7. #22
    BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,283
    Blog Entries
    19

    Default Re: July 2013 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1 View Post
    Seems to have a lot of water works, short tempers, IM ABOUT TO RELEASE MY RAAAAGEEEZZZ!!!!, and bad hair days. Cant wait for a dub
    Dude , What are You even saying ?
    I don't understand a thing !
    Yancy is close to bauling her eyes out, Hugh is nearly freaking out in alomst every shot with him, and everyone seems to have an awful hairdo. this to me has a lot of potetnial for a good exciting and funny story (or at least chapter[s]). i am excited for when they dub the story so i can read it in English because i cant understand Japanese
    You mean translate. You can't dub text.
    FANG-TAN and Team Gaara like this.

  8. #23
    本物の神様 FANG-TAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    マサラタウン
    Posts
    895
    Blog Entries
    73
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: July 2013 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

    Unless you want someone to record themselves reading it for you and listen to it like a bed time story. :P

    ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

  9. #24
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: July 2013 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    I am pumped up for this.

    International Police, former Team Plasma Grunt. That's so exciting.

    Also, dude. Chao. Post the entire thing.



    Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    How do you figure that?
    She actually got to do something in climax.
    I also found her character development to be a lot better and less forced.
    All she did was learn of N's past from Anthea and Concordia, which I don't think she even got the chance to do anything with.
    Here What I think -

    -Rakutsu work with Ruri in a Television show !

    -That were Petashi knew of Rakutsu ! Rakutsu also infrom Petashi about Ruri being a Popular Idol .

    -Rakutsu also seem to be popular with other girl as 3 girl approach him . Rakutsu flirt with all 3 of them while a Jealous Petashi Watch .

    -Rakutsu & Petash tried to sneak into Cheren class only to bump into Hugh who causing Trouble .

    -Cheren catch all 3 of them & Punish them to go and sit outside of the class room .

    -Rakutsu gently accept his punishment but Hugh doesn't ! Also All Rakutsu fangirls are angry at Cheren for punishing Their Rakutsu .

    -Outside Rakutsu hear/small/sense a cute girl coming and stand up !

    -That Girl is Famitsu , A new Student .

    -Rakutsu is overjoyed to have a new target to put his flag on . When Famitsu introduce herself , Rakutsu start taking note about her .

    -Petashi also seem to gain a crush on Faitsu as he blushed red like crazy while Hugh doesn't care . However Hugh is annoyed to see Rakutsu taking note about her .

    -The Class take a break outside .

    -The Student battle each other outside .

    - Its just a theory , But The Battle's are actually a Test to see who's qualify for a Pokedex ! Both Rakustu & Famitsu Qualify .

    -Bianca show up to give both of them their Pokedex .

    -Rakutsu accept his Pokedex But Faitsu doesn't want a Pokedex for an unknown reason.

    -However , Rakutsu gently hand her a Pokedex while smiling at her . This probably creep her out .

    -Looker also show up with Rakutsu pic .

    -At night , Rakutsu checking on the female student in his Laptop .

    -Faitsu is still uncomfortable out having a Pokedex .

    -She reveal to be a Part of Team Plasma and has a locket with N pic ! This probably reason why She rejected the Pokedex because it goes against her Job .

    -Rakutsu notice Looker peeping at his room .

    -He talk to Looker with more Serious & Calm attitude . Different from how he acted until now .

    -Looker gets Kidnapped by a Scolipede .

    -Fortunately Rakutsu save him using his Dewott .

    -Rakutsu reveal himself to be a Part of International Police & Looker's Boss .

    Now the Main question is that What Both Rakutsu & Faitsu doing in Cheren school ?
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 2nd July 2013 at 03:52 AM.

  10. #25
    Registered User unsnaggedtea76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51

    Default Re: July 2013 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

    I'm just wondering if Hidenori Kusaka is working on the X&Y series along side B2W2. The reason I wonder that is because we are just now getting the Pokémon Adventures B2W2 chapter.

  11. #26
    BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,283
    Blog Entries
    19

    Default Re: July 2013 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post

    Here What I think -

    -Rakutsu work with Ruri in a Television show !

    -That were Petashi knew of Rakutsu ! Rakutsu also infrom Petashi about Ruri being a Popular Idol .

    -Rakutsu also seem to be popular with other girl as 3 girl approach him . Rakutsu flirt with all 3 of them while a Jealous Petashi Watch .

    -Rakutsu & Petash tried to sneak into Cheren class only to bump into Hugh who causing Trouble .

    -Cheren catch all 3 of them & Punish them to go and sit outside of the class room .

    -Rakutsu gently accept his punishment but Hugh doesn't ! Also All Rakutsu fangirls are angry at Cheren for punishing Their Rakutsu .

    -Outside Rakutsu hear/small/sense a cute girl coming and stand up !

    -That Girl is Famitsu , A new Student .

    -Rakutsu is overjoyed to have a new target to put his flag on . When Famitsu introduce herself , Rakutsu start taking note about her .

    -Petashi also seem to gain a crush on Faitsu as he blushed red like crazy while Hugh doesn't care . However Hugh is annoyed to see Rakutsu taking note about her .

    -The Class take a break outside .

    -The Student battle each other outside .

    - Its just a theory , But The Battle's are actually a Test to see who's qualify for a Pokedex ! Both Rakustu & Famitsu Qualify .

    -Bianca show up to give both of them their Pokedex .

    -Rakutsu accept his Pokedex But Faitsu doesn't want a Pokedex for an unknown reason.

    -However , Rakutsu gently hand her a Pokedex while smiling at her . This probably creep her out .

    -Looker also show up with Rakutsu pic .

    -At night , Rakutsu checking on the female student in his Laptop .

    -Faitsu is still uncomfortable out having a Pokedex .

    -She reveal to be a Part of Team Plasma and has a locket with N pic ! This probably reason why She rejected the Pokedex because it goes against her Job .

    -Rakutsu notice Looker peeping at his room .

    -He talk to Looker with more Serious & Calm attitude . Different from how he acted until now .

    -Looker gets Kidnapped by a Scolipede .

    -Fortunately Rakutsu save him using his Dewott .

    -Rakutsu reveal himself to be a Part of International Police & Looker's Boss .

    Now the Main question is that What Both Rakutsu & Faitsu doing in Cheren school ?
    Just wait for someone who knows Japanese to provide a summary.

    Which we now have, courtesy of Coronis.

    Go nuts.

    Got the magazine, and I must say I was surprised that the writers took this route.

    Anyway, as stated, the protagonists are Rakutsu and Faitsu, the corruptions of Black 2 and White 2 in Japanese. The names themselves do not mean Black 2 and White 2 in literal translation.

    Story begins with Rakutsu breaking up with Yancy. They became a couple as in the games after Rakutsu picked up Yancy's Xtransceiver, but Rakutsu realized that they were never meant to be together, and it affects Yancy's acting career, which is why they decided to split. Rakutsu goes to school with Petash, and he is extremely popular with girls. Petash reveals that what happened at the League caused a lot of impact, and for some reason, he was no longer one of the top 8 finalists, and the champion, Black has gone missing, as well as the Seven Sages. Rakutsu and Petash cause a scene with Hugh, since Hugh accuses Rakutsu of only being interested in courting girls while they should be working hard to make themselves good trainers. Cheren, the new teacher in class, exercises his authority and punishes the noisy three boys by making them stay outside on the corridor til the end of class, leading to protests from Rakutsu' fangirls. Faitsu makes her entry with her mother, and since the three boys continue to be noisy, Cheren decides to turn their first class into a practical battle class.

    Meanwhile, Looker and his Croagunk returns to Unova near the United Tower waters, and it is revealed that Looker has been chasing after the Seven Sages for 2 years, having gone far off to other lands, including his nostalgia Sinnoh during the period (I think he counts these 2 years from the League onwards? although according to Platinum, he should have begun his hunt for Team Plasma since the end of Platinum). He gets the new order to meet a comrade in Aspertia, and sets off to find him.

    Back at the Trainer's School, Rakutsu and Hugh are apparently even stronger than Petash, who was a best 8 finalist. Dewott beats Trapinch, and at the same time, Faitsu's Foongus beats Sigilyph, much to Faitsu's dismay since she wasn't intending draw so much attention to her on the first day. It is then revealed that Cheren is using this battle exercise as a test to screen for the best trainers, so that Bianca could pass on the Pokedexes to them for data collection. Faitsu was reluctant, but Rakutsu sweet talks her into it.

    That evening, Faitsu feels confused, and knows that her mother made her switch schools to cut off all of her connections to her past. She still misses N, and yearns for his return. Meanwhile, Rakutsu crosses out Yancy and the other girls from his list, marking them as having zero connection to Team Plasma. Looker sneaks upon Rakutsu, and after exchanging their secret codelines, Looker gets ambushed by a Scolipede, but Rakutsu easily takes care of it. Looker is annoyed that Rakutsu addresses him the informal way, but Rakutsu tells Looker to take a good look at his profile, and Looker is shocked to learn that the young boy is his senior. Rakutsu states his code name as Black No. 2, and that he goes by the name Rakutsu currently in the Trainer's School.

    =======================

    It seems that it is possible that Rakutsu is not our protagonist's real name either, because he worded it as 'I go by the name Rakutsu in this school'. Given Faitsu's past, I wouldn't be surprised if Faitsu isn't her real name either. So we'll have to wait and see if the writers have something up their sleeves. The scans didn't show the background of the title page, which features Kyurem in its three formes behind the protagonists. And as someone pointed out already, this chapter is labelled as the 'Special Chapter' of the PokeSpecial B2W2 series. Not sure if this means anything because it has never been the case before.



    Coronis~
    Quote Originally Posted by unsnaggedtea76 View Post
    I'm just wondering if Hidenori Kusaka is working on the X&Y series along side B2W2. The reason I wonder that is because we are just now getting the Pokémon Adventures B2W2 chapter.
    He most likely is. I do worry that B2W2 might get canned to make way for X and Y.

  12. #27
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: July 2013 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post

    Just wait for someone who knows Japanese to provide a summary.

    Which we now have, courtesy of Coronis.

    Go nuts.

    Got the magazine, and I must say I was surprised that the writers took this route.

    Anyway, as stated, the protagonists are Rakutsu and Faitsu, the corruptions of Black 2 and White 2 in Japanese. The names themselves do not mean Black 2 and White 2 in literal translation.

    Story begins with Rakutsu breaking up with Yancy. They became a couple as in the games after Rakutsu picked up Yancy's Xtransceiver, but Rakutsu realized that they were never meant to be together, and it affects Yancy's acting career, which is why they decided to split. Rakutsu goes to school with Petash, and he is extremely popular with girls. Petash reveals that what happened at the League caused a lot of impact, and for some reason, he was no longer one of the top 8 finalists, and the champion, Black has gone missing, as well as the Seven Sages. Rakutsu and Petash cause a scene with Hugh, since Hugh accuses Rakutsu of only being interested in courting girls while they should be working hard to make themselves good trainers. Cheren, the new teacher in class, exercises his authority and punishes the noisy three boys by making them stay outside on the corridor til the end of class, leading to protests from Rakutsu' fangirls. Faitsu makes her entry with her mother, and since the three boys continue to be noisy, Cheren decides to turn their first class into a practical battle class.

    Meanwhile, Looker and his Croagunk returns to Unova near the United Tower waters, and it is revealed that Looker has been chasing after the Seven Sages for 2 years, having gone far off to other lands, including his nostalgia Sinnoh during the period (I think he counts these 2 years from the League onwards? although according to Platinum, he should have begun his hunt for Team Plasma since the end of Platinum). He gets the new order to meet a comrade in Aspertia, and sets off to find him.

    Back at the Trainer's School, Rakutsu and Hugh are apparently even stronger than Petash, who was a best 8 finalist. Dewott beats Trapinch, and at the same time, Faitsu's Foongus beats Sigilyph, much to Faitsu's dismay since she wasn't intending draw so much attention to her on the first day. It is then revealed that Cheren is using this battle exercise as a test to screen for the best trainers, so that Bianca could pass on the Pokedexes to them for data collection. Faitsu was reluctant, but Rakutsu sweet talks her into it.

    That evening, Faitsu feels confused, and knows that her mother made her switch schools to cut off all of her connections to her past. She still misses N, and yearns for his return. Meanwhile, Rakutsu crosses out Yancy and the other girls from his list, marking them as having zero connection to Team Plasma. Looker sneaks upon Rakutsu, and after exchanging their secret codelines, Looker gets ambushed by a Scolipede, but Rakutsu easily takes care of it. Looker is annoyed that Rakutsu addresses him the informal way, but Rakutsu tells Looker to take a good look at his profile, and Looker is shocked to learn that the young boy is his senior. Rakutsu states his code name as Black No. 2, and that he goes by the name Rakutsu currently in the Trainer's School.

    =======================

    It seems that it is possible that Rakutsu is not our protagonist's real name either, because he worded it as 'I go by the name Rakutsu in this school'. Given Faitsu's past, I wouldn't be surprised if Faitsu isn't her real name either. So we'll have to wait and see if the writers have something up their sleeves. The scans didn't show the background of the title page, which features Kyurem in its three formes behind the protagonists. And as someone pointed out already, this chapter is labelled as the 'Special Chapter' of the PokeSpecial B2W2 series. Not sure if this means anything because it has never been the case before.



    Coronis~
    Quote Originally Posted by unsnaggedtea76 View Post
    I'm just wondering if Hidenori Kusaka is working on the X&Y series along side B2W2. The reason I wonder that is because we are just now getting the Pokémon Adventures B2W2 chapter.
    He most likely is. I do worry that B2W2 might get canned to make way for X and Y.
    All Hail Coronis. !
    But still also surprising that almost all my theory was correct .
    However , I'm disappointed to see Yancy to have such a small , I hope she reappear again .
    By the Way , If the BW2 PC Character Mother is Faitsu's Mother here then shouldn't that mean Faitsu is the real Protagonist of this chapter .
    She really seem to dig Older Man.
    However , If hugh finds out her past then he will kill her .

  13. #28
    BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,283
    Blog Entries
    19

    Default Re: July 2013 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    By the Way , If the BW2 PC Character Mother is Faitsu's Mother here then shouldn't that mean Faitsu is the real Protagonist of this chapter .
    No. Not in the slightest.

  14. #29
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: July 2013 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    By the Way , If the BW2 PC Character Mother is Faitsu's Mother here then shouldn't that mean Faitsu is the real Protagonist of this chapter .
    No. Not in the slightest.
    Anyway , It seem Rakutsu looking for a girl with connection with Team Plasma who happen to be Faitsu .
    Isn't it great of her mother to dump her daughter right where police looking for her.
    Anyway , Rakutsu & Faitsu will seriously have problem with each other when they will find out each other secret.
    But Why Rakutsu & International Police looking for Faitsu ?
    By the way ,
    Does Petash blush toward all girl ?
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 3rd July 2013 at 08:08 AM.

  15. #30
    BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,283
    Blog Entries
    19

    Default Re: July 2013 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post

    Anyway , It seem Rakutsu looking for a girl with connection with Team Plasma who happen to be Faitsu .
    Isn't it great of her mother to dump her daughter right where police looking for her.
    Except she obviously didn't know.

    But Why Rakutsu & International Police looking for Faitsu ?
    Because she's a former member of Team Plasma?

    By the way ,
    Does Petash blush toward all girl ?
    Yes.
    97SaturnSL1 likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •