SPECIAL: February 2012 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dogasu
  • 1 Post By Bubble Frog

Thread: February 2012 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default February 2012 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

The last Sho4 chapter of Pokemon Adventures is out. And with it, a new Pokemon is revealed for Black.

Here's a summary, from Coronis.

RIP, Sho4. Hopefully a new magazine will pick Pokemon Adventures up.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: February 2012 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

From the looks of things, we're just going to have CoroCoro Ichiban! and Pokemon Fan for the time being.

This chapter really felt like it was written with the knowledge that it was going to be printed in the final issue of the magazine. Especially the ending, what with all the "follow your dreams" and "your dreams will never die" stuff and all.

How is Viz when it comes to censoring blood in this series? Because Black spends the second half of this chapter with a rather nasty looking stream of blood coming from his nose.

Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    From the looks of things, we're just going to have CoroCoro Ichiban! and Pokemon Fan for the time being.

This chapter really felt like it was written with the knowledge that it was going to be printed in the final issue of the magazine. Especially the ending, what with all the "follow your dreams" and "your dreams will never die" stuff and all.

How is Viz when it comes to censoring blood in this series? Because Black spends the second half of this chapter with a rather nasty looking stream of blood coming from his nose.

The only other time we've someone with that much blood shown on their body was in the Ruby & Sapphire chapter.

Since Viz isn't translating that one, we'll have to wait and find out.

Last edited by Eitarou; 3rd February 2012 at 04:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Here's my translation all the "dream stuff" from the end of the chapter I was talking about, by the way:

Black: "We can live as long as we have our dreams! Dreams are precious to us, whether we're a human or pokemon! I can't forgive that group that steals and tramples the dreams of others. I can't forgive them! We'll all defeat them!!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Here's my translation all the "dream stuff" from the end of the chapter I was talking about, by the way:

Black: "We can live as long as we have our dreams! Dreams are precious to us, whether we're a human or pokemon! I can't forgive that group that steals and tramples the dreams of others. I can't forgive them! We'll all defeat them!!"
    That kind of sentence makes me wonder if the final battle is going to start soon.

Hey, I was wondering...would it be possible to post a pic of his Emboar? I've been wanting to see how it looks.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Here ya go!

Eitarou likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

-I really like this scene. I liked seeing the back story on Black, Cheren, and Bel as well as Black's Musha and War. They were both very cute in the flashbacks, and seeing Black say something along the lines of "Come with me and you'll never starve." or something of that nature to Musha was cute. Little Bel was a treat in this chapter, seeing her father overreact to that tiny scratch that War gave her was hilarious. Little Cheren was great too, seeing him being beside himself on what to do over Musha biting Black and Bel being carried off by War was funny. I liked seeing that back story on Black going to the library and studying a lot which explains why he was so good with Aloe's library and museum. I think the main reason I liked this chapter so much is explains and patches up holes in the story, it explains how Black got War and Musha since at the beginning of BW Spe I thought it was really weird Black would have a Wargle right off the bat a evolved Pokemon and Munna as well but, seeing him have his first "Black" mind was nice. And Munna ultimately teaming up with him to catch his "starter" Washibon. At the end the crap about dreams and stuff was really fitting since he does have Munna, and that scene where he hugged War as a Washibon made me smile. Since I feel Poka Chao, Musha, Protoga, Janobii, Bubu, and Denchura have all been leagues more focused on and interesting then War it was a nice hurrah to War, he''s great battling wise but, it was nice to see more expansion on his personality and past since we got that from a lot of the group Pokemon. So, a job well done in my opinion. And, yeah not so cheerful about Chao evolving into an Embour I prefer Chaobuu over Embour but whatever it's only logical it would go to it's final form with it being the main Pokemon, regardless I'm happy for it. I wonder if Musha will evolve a part of me is hoping not because I prefer Musha's design over Musharna but, since it's named Musha that wouldn't be surprising. So, yeah solid chapter indeed.

Also RIP Grade 4
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 16th March 2012 at 10:14 PM.
    Duque likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

A lot happened in this month's CoroCoro Ichiban!:

Blog Entries

So, Gigi is still a Tepig. Unless she likes her men big, she's gonna be shocked to see Tep again.
    And some pics.