DPA 7 review thread!

Thread: DPA 7 review thread!

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default DPA 7 review thread!

It came out early around here so I got my grubby mitts on one early! Here's some tidbits:

-K-2 is refered to as B-2. Well, it still does sound like "butt"...kinda.

-Handsom is called Looker. And Handsom. He's addressed as Handsom and says that Looker is his code name. ...yeeeah.

-Holy cow how does Charon manage to be so doofily hilarious and so intimidating at the same time?

-Minun...no, stop that. Don't use Charm on people when they're being chased by Heatran. Although...why does Koya say that Charm won't work on him and Hareta? Did he confuse it with Attract?

-Also, forme change isn't the same as evolution. Hareta and the newslady both get that wrong.

-No Cyrus don't say that Kaisei reminds you of Hareta. I already ship you with half the cast and I don't need to ship you with an addlebrained Ruin Maniac too.

TV Tropes page! If you're so inclined.

Blog Entries

Default Re: DPA 7 review thread!

I read this volume today, and I have to say this manga isn't that bad. I didn't really read everything from volume 1 but I kinda skipped to the final Galactic battle and then read this one.

... Wait, this is the one where the meet the Interpol Boy Koya who battled Hareta in the League, yes?

... I really ought to read this manga from volume 1 onward.
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

Blog Entries

They meet Koya in volume 6, during the tournament.

My favorite part was all the random ideas for where Cyrus has gone. I can't decide if fishing or starting a rock band is the better theory. Minun is also incredibly cute, as is seeing Mars go all gooshy over it.

I'm really looking forward to the next volume!

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.
    The Tr47 | The Website | The Art | The Journal
    Resident fan of Gary, Gligar and Ash's imaginary beard.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Just bought this today, gonna read it tonight. So excited, I actually really like this manga :D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    My favorite part was all the random ideas for where Cyrus has gone. I can't decide if fishing or starting a rock band is the better theory. Minun is also incredibly cute, as is seeing Mars go all gooshy over it.

I'm really looking forward to the next volume!
    Nngh. I'm torn, since the next volume is the last.

But OH GOD YES. That scene was HILARIOUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty Cactus View Post
    Just bought this today, gonna read it tonight. So excited, I actually really like this manga :D
    Haha. "Actually"? You say it as though that's an irregular thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mask Marauder View Post
    Nngh. I'm torn, since the next volume is the last.
    Yeah, that's always a bit of a bummer. But it's really looking like it's going out with a bang; the battles to come look like they're going to be some of the best of the series.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.
    The Tr47 | The Website | The Art | The Journal
    Resident fan of Gary, Gligar and Ash's imaginary beard.

Blog Entries

It really does, but if you're looking for intense battles, you might be disappointed. However, there's a lot of intensity in other regards, and it's a very satisfying ending.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mask Marauder View Post
    Haha. "Actually"? You say it as though that's an irregular thing.
    haha idk, I always forget how good this manga is when I haven't read it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    My favorite part was all the random ideas for where Cyrus has gone. I can't decide if fishing or starting a rock band is the better theory.
    That scene was hilarious omgggggg XD

Blog Entries

I read this today, the art's awesome in DP Adventures. I love it. I'd say the battles in this manga are on the same level of the battles in Adventures. I loved the fight between Hareta and Palmer, and how Hareta used Whirlpool on Dragonite while no one was looking to prove the battle wasn't over. Btw, is Koya based off of Silver? Their outfits and hairstyles seem similar. Hareta comes off to me as a Boring Invincible Hero, though. I only read volumes 6 and 7 of this manga but I got the general idea. Does Hareta ever get put through the ringer though? The kid seems invincible.
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

Blog Entries

Yes he does. Volume 5 in particular.

As for if Koya is based on Silver, I have no idea. Visually almost certainly, but as far as characterwise, donno.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    Does Hareta ever get put through the ringer though? The kid seems invincible.
    I believe he lost badly to Byron in their first match. Along with losing to Cyrus once.

Blog Entries

Pfft, Cyrus cheated. Granted, if the battle had continued there's a big chance he might have won fairly, but he still cheated because he was having a panic attack and wanted to get things over with.