Diamond and Pearl Adventure! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Diamond and Pearl Adventure!

Blog Entries

Picked it up last Saturday. I was surprised to discover my comic shop had it in stock, considering they didn't get Best of Pokémon Adventures or Ginji's Rescue Team. Between this and the premiere of DP Battle Dimension, it felt like a very Pokémonic day.

Quote Originally Posted by Habunake
    Can't wait to pick this up. I'm guessing it might be in the Teen Book section instead of the Manga section, because that's how it was like for the Adventure and Dungeon mangas in my experience.
    Huh, I found them in the manga section at Border's.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    There's three parts I'm wondering how they got past with an A rating--
    -Hareta hits a guy in the crotch with a pokeball, causing Piplup to materalize between the guy's legs
    -Hareta bites a Galactic goon on the ass. This goon is shown with a swelled ass later on.
    -Piplup repeatedly pecks Gardenia's butt.
    Yeah, the sense of humor took me by surprise. XD Then again, Electric Tale of Pikachu had Misty seeing Ash's penis and a panel depicting Giovanni drunk.

The depictions of some of the characters wasn't what I was expecting. I love Hareta. A Tarzan-style wild boy who can understand Pokémon like Anabel in the anime and jump up to the roof of skyscrapers? Cool!

Hareta (EDIT: uh... Mitsumi) doesn't do much in volume 1, does she? Her design is certainly different than portrayals of Dawn: green hair, a pronounced chest, and being two heads taller than Hareta.

...none of the main characters own a Chimchar? :( Or did I totally miss it?

I see three volumes on Amazon's Japanese site. Has the series been completely released in graphic novel form or is there still more to be released?

Yeah, so I'm a fanboy of Shigekatsu Ihara now. Is it too much to hope for Viz to release the Movie 8 manga and Emerald Challange?
    Last edited by Lil Brother; 14th April 2008 at 06:48 PM.
    Video Game Collection & Wishlist

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
    It's just the Internet. Calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Brother View Post
    Picked it up last Saturday. I was surprised to discover my comic shop had it in stock, considering they didn't get Best of Pokémon Adventures or Ginji's Rescue Team. Between this and the premiere of DP Battle Dimension, it felt like a very Pokémonic day.

Yeah, the sense of humor took me by surprise. XD Then again, Electric Tale of Pikachu had Misty seeing Ash's penis and a panel depicting Giovanni drunk.

The depictions of some of the characters wasn't what I was expecting. I love Hareta. A Tarzan-style wild boy who can understand Pokémon like Anabel in the anime and jump up to the roof of skyscrapers? Cool!

Hareta doesn't do much in volume 1, does she? Her design is certainly different than portrayals of Dawn: green hair, a pronounced chest, and being two heads taller than Hareta.

...none of the main characters own a Chimchar? :( Or did I totally miss it?

I see three volumes on Amazon's Japanese site. Has the series been completely released in graphic novel form or is there still more to be released?

Yeah, so I'm a fanboy of Shigekatsu Ihara now. Is it too much to hope for Viz to release the Movie 8 manga and Emerald Challange?
    Mitsumi has Infernape. It's her strongest Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Brother View Post
    That's weird, my Borders says they will only take pre-orders. Curse you, East Coast!!

I just got my copy today, and I really like it - there were several times where I laughed out loud, though the title page was a bit too dark.

I've been wondering if the dialogue in the Japanese version is...significantly different. Does anyone know?
    My LiveJournal - Keeping track and speculating on Team Galactic and Hunter J. No need for a BulbaBlog here!

I'm getting this next Wensday. My first Manga! The only thing I'm upset about is Hareta having PIPLUP. No. Just no.

(I'm sick of Piplup. Chimchar>Turtwig>Piplup.)
    Last edited by Lesley_GSC; 17th April 2008 at 04:35 PM.

Avatar of Shadows Lucifer Angel's Avatar

Anyone know when Vol 2 comes out?

"I dwell within the shadows of darkness"

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

September 2nd, 2008.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on August 8th, 2014

I've been looking for Pokemon manga in Borders and other book stores since Pokemon came to the US and I've never found any other then the "Best Of" thing. So when I went to Borders yesterday looking for manga and comics) I was completely surprised to see this. I didn't know anything about it but I got it nonetheless.

I read it a few hours ago and I enjoyed it but it seemed rather fast paced.

I was disappointed that I didn't find any of the books I went for but this made up for it. :D

I almost think the Borders I went to is getting rid of their manga and comics sections. How else could they be COMPLETELY out of Oh My Goddess!, Get Backers, Tokyo Babylon, Teen Titans, X-Men, AND Spider-Man? ;-;

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    September 2nd, 2008.
    That's strange. According to my book it's August.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I'm just going by what's on Amazon.com

Hum. Well if you look at the back of the book, it should say "Volume two comming in August"

Not that I'm sure what is more reliable, but still.

I do have a question though. Did Mitsumi have an Infernape from the very begainning? Because that's the impression I'm under from reading this thread.

But I find it hard to belive that she does have an Infernape already considering all that's happened this volume without her using it.
    Last edited by Lesley_GSC; 17th May 2008 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim Gwanjangnim View Post
    This make me want to get a copy. Keep dreaming... That's not possible for me.
    same. sometimes I wonder if manga is even licensed in the U.K...

Who knows? I may get lucky :)

They have manga at Waterstones's bookstores. Try finding out if there's one near where you live.

+Satoshi Fangirl+

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

(Ketsuban gave me permission to bump this)

So vol 2 was cool, but crap, did they have to cut three gym battles down to three pages? And not even three pages *each* mind you.

Also, Riolu hatching after like five minutes was pretty pathetic. And if Riley wanted to beat the Onix so badly, why didn't he haul out Lucario? Type advantage and all.

But HOLY CRAP. He's about as removed from the games as anime Giovanni is to game Giovanni, but I REALLY like this Cyrus. Although I wonder what he was doing at the contest. Even this version of him doesn't seem the sort to go to one randomly. And in a suit no less.

As with pretty much any version of Cyrus, his age seems to vary depending on what he's doing. I wonder if they even *have* a canon age, or even a range, for him, since he seems to go from 20s to 60s at the blink of an eye.

And yes, this WAS the comic I had. I got an issue of something aaaages ago and all I remember of the mysterious Pokemon comic in it was that Cyrus was fighting someone on a rickety bridge.

Say, I have a question about translation. When Cyrus says "The sacrifice of thousands, even tens of thousands, of pokémon means nothing!", the background shows a graveyard. Was he *really* only talking about pokémon? Because even if he *is*, he's cutting that number awfully small.

(also dammit blackjack, stop shipping Cyrus with your original NON POKEMON villian.)

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: Diamond and Pearl Adventure!

Sorry for the bump...but here's a panel from the Japanese version of the first volume:

Apparently, Viz changed the N into an M? :(

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast