Arceus: To a Conquering Spacetime manga

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arceus: To a Conquering Spacetime manga

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Arceus: To a Conquering Spacetime manga

It seems like in Japan they are gonna have a manga adaption of this movie. It also seems to spoil the movie but not much of it right here (even though both version have differences). Hopefully I will get this when the US has it :P So far there is no date for Japan at the moment for the Tankōbon...
    Last edited by Naya Rivera; 14th April 2009 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Fixing again

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Arceus: To a Conquering Spacetime manga

As I said in the movie thread, why is Ash usually missing his zigzags in these adaptations?

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

They seem to show up in a few places in that scan, though.

This manga, by the way, is being done by Mizobuchi Makoto, the lady who did the two Pokemon Mystery Dungeon books ("Ginji's Rescue Team" and the one not released in the U.S. yet) as well as the adaptation of the Manaphy movie.

Anyway...I picked up the issue of CoroCoro Comics that has this adaptation in it the other day. It's been pretty good so far...I'll post more detailed thoughts after I get home, but a few of the things that stood out to me:

- Damos betrayed Arceus by having a bunch of pokemon ambush it. Nendoll (Claydol) are included in this group.
    - There's lots and lots of references to the past two movies.
    - Dialga and Palkia both seem to listen to Sheena and do whatever she says.
    - Takeshi has almost zero screentime (err...panel time?)
    - Sheena and Kevin pretty much explain why Dialga and Palka fight, as well as what Giratina's role is.
    - The "Jewel of Life" that Sheena had been given is a fake, and when she tries to give it back to Arceus, it gets pissed.

Like I said...I'll give more detailed thoughts when I get home.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

- Damos betrayed Arceus by having a bunch of pokemon ambush it. Nendoll (Claydol) are included in this group.
    You have to have some really big balls to take on god for the sake of a gem.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Well...the gem had the power to turn an arrid wasteland into a lush oasis. So it's kind of special :P

Plus, I doubt Damos even knew it was supposed to be the "God pokemon" in the first place.
    Last edited by Dogasu; 21st April 2009 at 03:09 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Goddammit now I want to ship her and Cyrus on principle ('cause if *anything* could cause him to show interest in someone, it'd be "she can give me divine power").

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

They seem to show up in a few places in that scan, though.

This manga, by the way, is being done by Mizobuchi Makoto, the lady who did the two Pokemon Mystery Dungeon books ("Ginji's Rescue Team" and the one not released in the U.S. yet) as well as the adaptation of the Manaphy movie.

Anyway...I picked up the issue of CoroCoro Comics that has this adaptation in it the other day. It's been pretty good so far...I'll post more detailed thoughts after I get home, but a few of the things that stood out to me:

- There's lots and lots of references to the past two movies.
    - Takeshi has almost zero screentime (err...panel time?)
    - Sheena and Kevin pretty much explain why Dialga and Palka fight, as well as what Giratina's role is.
    - The "Jewel of Life" that Sheena had been given is a fake, and when she tries to give it back to Arceus, it gets pissed.

Like I said...I'll give more detailed thoughts when I get home.
    Nendoll and the other Pokemon though wear these armor things. And if I remember correctly Ginshin's Pokemon only had that. I guessed this elsewhere and I will guess it here. Ginshin set this whole thing up to make Damos look like a traitor. Truly evil or what!
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I dunno about that...Damos is looking pretty psycho when he's ordering the pokemon to attack.

And on closer inspection, they don't have any extra armor on, but they do have these weird collar things on.

The pokemon who attack, by the way, are two Nendoll (Claydol), Röntora (Luxray), Livolt (Manectric), and two Yajiron (Baltoy). It looks like there's a Rakurai (Electrike) there as well.

And now, the really juicy stuff:

Basically, Sheena and Kevin have this machine that looks like a model of the solar system that allows them to see various disturbances in space and time. Sheena points out spots on the model representing "our world," Giratina's Reverse World, Dialga's space, Palkia's space, and Arceus' space. Sheena then explains that Arceus is the pokemon who created everything bla bla bla and then tells everyone that the disturbance they felt earlier (when that twister came out of the lake by the ruins) is a sign that it has awoken.

She goes on to say that Arceus apparently has this massive amount of energy around it that's ended up warping the space between Dialga's and Palkia's dimensions, resulting in the two pokemon being able to contact each other. They started fighting in Alamos Town, thinking that the other had purposely invaded the other's territory when the whole thing was Arceus' fault to begin with. This fight had an effect on Giratina's Reverse World as well, which went and got Giratina all pissed off as well.

At this point in the conversation, Kevin reveals that Sheena's words can't reach pokemon when they're engulfed in rage. So like, if she had been, at, say, Alamos Town during the big fight there, she wouldn't have been able to do squat because the pokemon were so upset at each other.

And that's the backstory, more or less.
    Last edited by Dogasu; 21st April 2009 at 07:02 AM.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Wow nice. I hope all this goes in the movie. Just one question. Are there any pages that have like group shots or anything that we haven't seen or no?

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Nope.

The first "chapter" is 80 pages long, so all of the pages aren't included in the scan in the first post of this thread.

It's also odd that Gishin hasn't appeared in the story yet. We'll get Part Two of the manga in June's issue of CoroCoro, so we'll just have to wait until then to see what role he plays.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

We have what 20 or so of all 80 pages? And did you not buy it?

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I did buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    Anyway...I picked up the issue of CoroCoro Comics that has this adaptation in it the other day.

Blog Entries

So does Sheena have some sort of Aura or what?

This fight had an effect on Giratina's Reverse World as well, which went and got Giratina all pissed off as well.
    Wasn't Giratina pissed off because Dialga decided to drink from its lake? Or some hyper-territorial thing like that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    So does Sheena have some sort of Aura or what?

Wasn't Giratina pissed off because Dialga decided to drink from its lake? Or some hyper-territorial thing like that.
    In the movie trailers, Sheena is shown with Damos in what appears to be Dialga's broken-time world. They both say that prayer ('it will be conquered, the space-time law') and become enveloped in an Aura-like cloud.

As for Giratina, it got pissed because Dialga and Palkia battling dumped pollution into the Reverse World.

I wonder if there is a connection between Ash and Damos or Gishin, because both Sheena and Arceus see 'the thunder demon's master' in him.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

The June issue of CoroCoro came out today, and, as expected, part two of the adaptation was included. This second part's 65 pages.

Here are a few key points. I'll post a full summary on my site later:

• Giratina steps in and saves everyone from the attack Arceus had launched at the end of the first chapter.
    • Dialga sends everyone except Kevin back in time to protect them from Arceus. Sucks to be him, I guess.
    • Satoshi-tachi witness Damos' betrayal of Arceus. Gishin also appears and pulls a lever that causes the ceiling to come crashing down on Arceus.
    • For some reason, Damos has the Jewel of Life on a scepter. Arceus knocks it from his hand and it goes falling into the lake. Back in the present, the Rocket-Dan, of all people, stumble across the scepter.
    • After a prayer from Sheena, Dialga takes everyone back even further in time. There, they're captured by Gishin, who has both a Dohtakun and a Headran. And, like...nobody is shocked that he has a Headran or anything. Sheena is invited to dinner with Gishin while Satoshi and his friends are locked in the dungeon with Damos.
    • Damos doesn't seem to be as crazy as he was when he double-crossed Arceus, and Takeshi guesses that Gishin's Dohtakun used Hypnosis to control him.
    • Damos has no idea what "pokemon" are, and instead refers to the creatures as "monsters" (kaijuu).
    • Satoshi's Moukazaru appears. So does Hikari's Pachirisu.
    • We get a flashback to when Damos helped save Arceus' life.
    • The Notch-Eared Pichu appears and, after Damos talks to it, finds the key to their jail cell and lets them free.
    • The chapter ends with Gishin attacking Arceus, only this time Sheena is in Damos' place.

Also, off-topic...this month's DP Adventure! chapter is pretty important.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast