SPECIAL: April 2012 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

Thread: April 2012 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default April 2012 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

A new issue of Pokemon Fan (officially) goes on sale tomorrow. Here's what happens in the newest chapter:

"Princess" orders her Kuitaran to attack, but a third legendary pokemon, Cobalon, appears and knocks them back. Suddenly, one of the torches Princess was carrying causes an explosion! One of Shohko's Minezumi is trapped in the blaze, so the three pokemon immediately get to work. Virizion runs through the flames and picks up the startled pokemon, Terrakion charges into a nearby wall to create an opening for everyone to escape, and Cobalon smothers the remaining flames by smashing a boulder. Once outside, the legendary pokemon surround the two girls' pokemon and take them away! Just then, Araragi-Hakase's father and Iris appear and tell everyone about how the trio doesn't trust humans because of the terrible things they've done in the past. Black, with the help of Musha, tracks down the trio and confronts them. He explains that the two trainers care about their pokemon very much and that their pokemon, in return, want to be together with them. After silently conferring with each other, the trio releases their prisoners and disappear. As Araragi-Hakase wonders whether or not his words really got through to them, Black realizes that he never actually got around to capturing any of the legendary pokemon.

A new chapter should be printed in the CoroCoro Ichiban! that goes on sale this week as well.

The official website has not been updated yet.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Registered User Hard Core Gamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: April 2012 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

cant wait to checkit out

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Did they announce there weren't going to be any new chapters this month? I think I heard that somewhere.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

"This month," as in April? No, two chapters were released; one in Pokemon Fan and one in CoroCoro Ichiban!.

There will only be one chapter coming out in May, however. The August issue of CoroCoro Ichiban! comes out May 21st. The next issue of Pokemon Fan doesn't come out until June.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Since it'll be May in Japan tomorrow I was obviously speaking of that month. :/

Alright, then. Got what I needed to hear.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Oh, hey. Goura evolved. Would've been nice to know....

Glad to see another evolution spoiled. (I assume it comes from the Gym battle) That's what....all of Black's Pokemon shown evolved before they actual evolve chronologically?

What's up with Drayden and Brycen? They look like they're about to go at each others throats.

追放されたバカ

And Black and White haven't caught a new Pokémon since Costa and Jessica...I want them to get Thorn/Sage/Actus/Vanny and Brav back/Buzz/Lyph/Olga and a Ducklett/Panpour/Frillish♀+Mienfoo/Gigi back/Conkeldurr+Litwick/Gigi back/Pansear+Emolga/Keep Brav/Archeops, respectively!!

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou
    Oh, hey. Goura evolved. Would've been nice to know....
    I didn't even notice :x

It's still a Goura in the CoroCoro Ichiban! chapter, though.

What's up with Drayden and Brycen? They look like they're about to go at each others throats.
    (God, I will never get used to the English names)

Basically, Hachiku wonders if it's OK for them to be releasing the seals placed on Reshiram, believing that there was a reason it turned itself into the Light Stone in the first place. He then asks if they'd be any better than the Plasma-Dan if they force Reshiram to help them out. Shaga replies by asking if they'd be better off sitting around doing nothing while they continue to lack the power to go up against a Zekrom-equipped Plasma-Dan. And then, the stare-off happens.