Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: April 2012 "Pocket Monsters Reburst" Review Thread

Surgeon of Death 捷克羅姆's Avatar Bulbanews WriterBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

Default April 2012 "Pocket Monsters Reburst" Review Thread

Eitarou's no longer posting here for some reason, so...

The (Kanai) Strongman Tournament begins!

So far, Karuta and Rug starts another BURST battle to see who can be the final (30th) contestant of the tournament, only to be taken by Yappy. In the tournament, Ryouga was able to lift 2 Iwapalace (400 kilos), while Yappy got crushed...

And, here are some new characters: Danke (ダンケ), the guy in the stereotypical French outfit rude guy in stripes; Lulula (ルルラ), the guy's crush; and unnamed bandage guy.
    Last edited by 捷克羅姆; 8th April 2012 at 09:53 AM.

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

Default Re: April 2012 "Pocket Monsters Reburst" Review Thread

Danke sees Lulula cheering for Ryouga when he (Ryou) lifts the two Crustle successfully. You jelly dude? lolol
    Going by his clothing, Bandage Man might either have a Lampent burst (hat and sleeves), or a Sigilyph one (scarf). He might be another GG warrior as well.

Someone on Serebii says that there won't be a chapter next week. What break is this for now?

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

追放されたバカ

Could Bandageman be...a recovered Fraud?

I claim this postulation in the name of Mars...I mean Hershey's...I mean Argus Claydol!(Hey, that's me!)

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by 捷克羅姆
    Danke (ダンケ), the guy in the stereotypical French outfit
    A striped shirt is a "stereotypical French outfit" now? What?

Quote Originally Posted by H.M
    Someone on Serebii says that there won't be a chapter next week. What break is this for now?
    We don't know. The only notice we got is from the final panel of the final page: 次号は休載させていただきます ("There will not be a new chapter in the next issue"). The text on the very left of the third panel on that last page does confirm that it will be back the week after that.

The other breaks we've had up until now have been because the magazine itself (Weekly Shonen Sunday) was taking a break. Y'know, for things like New Years, Golden Week, etc. This break we're getting next week, however, is different because there won't be a new chapter even though there is going to be a Weekly Shonen Sunday issue next week. It's strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Argus Claydol
    Could Bandageman be...a recovered Fraud?
    Very, very unlikely. His only line of dialogue is "So that's Ryouga, huh...?" (アレが…リョウガか…), something that Fraud wouldn't say since he already knows who Ryouga is.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

Eitarou can't seem to be here right now, so I'll be posting for him in the meantime.

And the Pokémon inside the Burst Heart is revealed to be... Dageki Nageki. The final round is revealed to be an arm-wrestling, and both Ryouga and Danke are trying to lose. At least until Lulula noticed that the first prize is the HDTV. Guess who won?

Moving on, bandaged man stole the Compass of Light along with the three Burst hearts. Wait, if they had five Burst hearts, which of those two were left?

While we wait what happens next, here are two 4komas.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

I have to wonder, how did Danke even use Burst?

Wasn't it stated in chapter 8 that in order to use Burst, one needs to train? Or is there something special that I'm missing?

About the Burst itself, I have mixed feelings. It's just a thinner Throh with spiky hair. Then again, Throh is a very human-like Pokemon, so I shouldn't expect a huge change from it.

Oh well, at least this tournament wasn't just some fighting battle like the last one,
    Quote Originally Posted by 捷克羅姆 View Post

Moving on, bandaged man stole the Compass of Light along with the three Burst hearts. Wait, if they had five Burst hearts, which of those two were left?
    Karuta and Rug's? (Posting from my mother's computer.)

Also, Pokemon ReBURST volume 5 confirmed for a June 18th release date.
    Last edited by Eitarou; 17th April 2012 at 12:19 PM.

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

Who knows if Danke had trained for Bursting in the past for such an occasion? Also why would they let someone use the second prize Burst? (Unless he did it by force?)

Also, yeah, it might be Karta and Rug's Bursts that are still on their person, as Ryouga puts his on the compass. Maybe the two of them would team up against funny hat dude.

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Is Danke or that unnamed bandaged man a member of Great Gavel?

Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    I have to wonder, how did Danke even use Burst?

Wasn't it stated in chapter 8 that in order to use Burst, one needs to train? Or is there something special that I'm missing?
    Danke seems strong enough. I mean he was able to carry a 200 kg Iwapalace, so he must have some sort of training before. Also, going through the ordeal of surviving the next two rounds (Hiyappu's water attack and Baoppu's hot iron test) has probably prepared him. If it's not any of those, I'll just attribute it to the power of love...

Quote Originally Posted by H.M View Post
    Also why would they let someone use the second prize Burst? (Unless he did it by force?)
    Well, Danke took it without anyone stopping him, so I guess he's just borrowing it or something. Also, the rules apparently didn't state anything about Burst, so he got off due to a technicality.

Quote Originally Posted by H.M View Post
    Also, yeah, it might be Karta and Rug's Bursts that are still on their person, as Ryouga puts his on the compass. Maybe the two of them would team up against funny hat dude.
    Maybe Ryouga or the others would also use the remaining Burst hearts to stop him. Either that or we'll have another arc where they try to recover them...

Quote Originally Posted by Wangan Beginner View Post
    Is Danke or that unnamed bandaged man a member of Great Gavel?
    Danke's just a random contestant. The unnamed bandaged man didn't mention anything about him being from Great Gavel, but it's still a possibility.
    Last edited by 捷克羅姆; 18th April 2012 at 03:32 AM.
    S.S. Shadow Minun likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

The next issue of Weekly Shounen Sunday is going to be labeled Issue 21 and 22, so that means we'll probably be getting another break the week after. We got a break during Golden Week last year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou
    Karuta and Rug's?
    I'm guessing it's Ryouga's and Karuta's. You can kind of see the Burst Heart on Ryouga's left hand on the last page, and I don't think we've seen Rug Burst since she joined the group.

Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    I don't think we've seen Rug Burst since she joined the group.
    Ahem, you missed these:

There must be some sort of rivalry between them...

UPDATE:
    Not sure if Eitarou will be posting again so...

The bandaged man is called Sabin (サビン, Any spelling suggestion?), who is also known as 黒い旋風顔無し (Black Whirlwind Without a Face). He is a Sigilyph Burst Warrior. His two attacks are 念力固定 (read as "Psycho Freeze") and 空裂旋風 (read as... "Break Wind").
    Last edited by 捷克羅姆; 24th April 2012 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Update

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I think "Sabin" is fine.

It's confirmed that the three Burst Hearts that were in the Compass of Light were Gantle's (Rend's), Nageki's (the prize from the strongman competition), and Zekrom (Ryouga's).

Miruto comments that the vibe this Sabin guy is giving off is different from the vibes she was getting from the other GG warriors. Maybe he's not affiliated with them?

Sabin tells Ryouga that he was hired to prevent Ryouga from ever meeting Arcades. Karuta and Rug still have their Burst Hearts and want to follow him, but Ryouga tells them not to since he's so incredibly powerful. They ignore him and go after him anyway.

Karuta catches up with Sabin first. Sabin paralyzes him with "Psycho Freeze" and then finishes him off with "Break Wind."

Rug catches up with him next, so Sabin tries the same strategy. This time, however, "Psycho Freeze" doesn't work! Rug is a Choroneko Burst, and Choroneko are Dark-Type pokemon and are therefore unaffected by Psychic-Type attacks. Additionally, Rug uses her cat burglar skills to steal the Compass of Light back from him! Despite all this, Sabin manages to defeat Rug with a "Break Wind" attack anyway.

The Compass of Light is sent flying and the Burst Hearts all fall out. Sabin picks up the Gantle and Nageki Burst Hearts while Ryouga, who's apparently caught up with everyone now, picks up the Zekrom Burst Heart. Ryouga then demands to know who hired him to prevent him from meeting Arcades.

Sabin's answer? Garyuu, aka Ryouga's father.

Weekly Shounen Sunday will take a break next week for Golden Week and will return on May 9th.

Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

^ Ah, thanks for clearing it up, Dogasu. I was under the impression that he was a part of GG after Miruto mentioned it.

On the note of the name of his flying-type technique, it's really hard to take "Break Wind" seriously. I'm guessing the author wasn't informed about the euphemism.

追放されたバカ

I guess that joke isn't in the Japanese lexicon.

Here's hoping Garyuu appears soon, w/a Reshiram Burst!

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Judging by his appearance and epithet, I'm going to assume that Sabin's face has been heavily scarred. I wonder what happened.

I'm kind of hoping Sabin succeeds in taking that Compass of Light, but Ryouga later retrieves it sometime later in the story.

It'd be too easy if he found his father so quickly, right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast