Tractor-Driving Farmer Runs Over Every Cop Car in Police Station Parking Lot

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Evil Figment
  • 4 Post By Caitlin
  • 2 Post By Misato Katsuragi
  • 1 Post By Therian

Thread: Tractor-Driving Farmer Runs Over Every Cop Car in Police Station Parking Lot

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Tractor-Driving Farmer Runs Over Every Cop Car in Police Station Parking Lot

Allegedly unhappy about being arrested recently on marijuana possession and resisting arrest charges, a Vermont farmer armed himself with a tractor and proceeded to flatten eight police cruiser in the Orleans County Sheriff's Department parking lot.

With every last one of their cars squashed, deputies were unable to chase suspect Roger Pion, 34, down as he drove away. "We had nothing to pursue him with," Chief Deputy Philip Brooks told the Associated Press.

Police in Newport eventually tracked Pion down and arrested him.

No injuries were reported, but the cruisers were totaled. "The radios are ruined, the radar detectors, the cages in the cars," Sheriff Kirk Martin said. "We're going to have to get the jaws of life up here to pry the trunks open and see about the rifles and shotguns."

All told, Pion's rampage caused some $300,000 in damage and took out half the department's fleet.

In a statement, Vermont State Police said Pion was charged with several crimes including felony and misdemeanor unlawful mischief (multiple counts), aggravated assault, gross negligent operation, and leaving the scene of an accident.

He was booked into Newport's Northern State Correctional Center, where he is currently being held on $15,000 bail.
    Source

I guess if you're going to jail anyway you might as well make it count.
    That's nice.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Tractor-Driving Farmer Runs Over Every Cop Car in Police Station Parking Lot

gross negligent operation, and leaving the scene of an accident.
    Objection, your honor.

The defendent cannot be guilty of gross negligent operation or leaving the scene of an accident; what happened was neither negligent nor an accident.
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tractor-Driving Farmer Runs Over Every Cop Car in Police Station Parking Lot

They couldn't chase him down? Now, I'm no tractor expert, but I'm fairly confident that tractors typically don't go faster than your average human's running speed.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    They couldn't chase him down? Now, I'm no tractor expert, but I'm fairly confident that tractors typically don't go faster than your average human's running speed.
    Lol at cops running down a street after a tractor when they could just pick up the phone and call the next town over.
    That's nice.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

The image of cops chasing down a tractor on foot because their cars were flattened feels like it should be filmed to the tune of Yakety Sax.
    Bill Cipher and 97SaturnSL1 like this.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As much as I hate saying this, the average human cannot run fast enough to catch up with a tractor. One can run around 15mph, while a tractor (at least here in Denmark) has a legal speed limit of around 18 mph. Still, an athlete might be able to.

Sorry guys and girls...
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

追放されたバカ

What a legend, I say good on you!!!

Wish someone had the balls to do that here.
    TheMissingno. likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

I heard that on the news. I laughed so hard. But, the man ruined his life. So.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

guess he didnt like Crown vics and impalas.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

This is what I didn't expect from this guy's definition of "revenge." He was eventually caught right?

Trophies

well although I dont agree with it, it made me laugh and I suppose if your in trouble anyway there isnt a better way to get back at them. He would of been caught and he will be paying most of that $300,000.

The price has gone up, it was $250,000 when I read the story.

Huge thanks to Blue Dragon for my EPIC avatar & sig