Texas judge investigated over YouTube video of him beating teenage daughter with belt - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Texas judge investigated over YouTube video of him beating teenage daughter with belt

Default Re: Texas judge investigated over YouTube video of him beating teenage daughter with

Quote Originally Posted by Katelynn View Post
    Men (and women) of law generally don't care about the consequences of their actions when they're fired up. I was dating a lawyer who's career had been going for four years at one point, I did something to anger him, and he whacked me in the face and gave me a black eye. I partly deserved in, but eh. I could have had his law license revoked, but I chose not to. He hit me, yeah, but I won't destroy his life over a mistake. My point is, people who've heavily invested their lives into the creation, enforcement or legal proceedings around laws are not perfect robots. Especially if they, like the father in this case, believe they haven't done anything wrong.

I just hope this guy burns for what he's done and the statute of limitations hasn't kicked in yet.
    The statute of limitations has kicked in. He won't face any criminal charges.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Texas judge investigated over YouTube video of him beating teenage daughter with

What he did was way over the line.

I am not in favor of spanking but I think it should be a last resort and it should only be done barehanded and it should never be used once a child is over seven.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

This was painful to watch. My father used to hit me with a belt. Somewhere along the line he stopped using a belt and just spanked with his bare hands, but he continued this until I was 9ish. And yes, he would pull down my pants and smack my bare ass. It didn't make me more disciplined. In fact, I probably would've ended up a better person had he not spanked me.
    I don't support any sort of spanking. Spanking a child on the ass with your hand is still abuse. I don't get how people can support smacking but then say they'd never hit their child in any other way. You're still hitting your child. It's still painful and, if done in public, embarrassing.
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

That is not discipline, that is abuse.

My parents believed in spanking but they never took the belt to me for even they felt that was inhumane.

I think if this man can't even handle family matters maturely he is in no position to be in charge of state wide matters.

quite sickening really

Visit Jay0173's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Pokelova View Post
    This was painful to watch. My father used to hit me with a belt. Somewhere along the line he stopped using a belt and just spanked with his bare hands, but he continued this until I was 9ish. And yes, he would pull down my pants and smack my bare ass. It didn't make me more disciplined. In fact, I probably would've ended up a better person had he not spanked me.
    Pokelova, you have my sincerest sympathies for what you had to endure while growing up. Like you, I don't think any child should ever be hit as a form of punishment. The fact that you had to suffer being hit with a belt is even worse. I know there are some who would say more children should be spanked as punishment, and that some even deserve to be hit with an object like a belt, because it is the lack of this type of discipline that is causing our youth to act out in the way they do. But I call that hogwash. I feel that hitting a child is an indication that a parent has failed. There are far more effective and more appropriate methods of disciplining a child than hitting them. In the end I usually ask people this when they speak of their support for corporal punishment: If it is illegal to hit another adult, why is it then legal to hit a child?
    Hyperion09 and snowlioness87 like this.
    JAY
    FC: 3411-1525-5963
    Dark-Type Safari with: Sneasel, Vullaby & Liepard
    (Please VM or PM me so I can add your FC too)

East Unova Resident SuperTrainStationH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The sad thing is, depending on what state or city, you'd much easier get put in jail for doing this to a dog than to a human being.

Watching the video literally made me sick. What that poor girl had to endure from her "father" was hearbreaking. This guy has serious anger issues. I would say he acts like a wild animal, but that would be a huge insult to the wild animals. :( Overreacting dirtbag? That would be an insult to a bag of dirt. >:(
    Pokemon X EV-trained team:

Electabuzz, Charizard, Lapras, Steelix, Pyroar, Pangoro

Le Choléra Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

You don't beat kids with belts in this day and age. I mean, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    You don't beat kids with belts in this day and age. I mean, really.
    Would it surprise you to learn that there are many who are of the opinion that today's children should be subjected to such treatment by not just parents, but also by teachers and others responsible for children in their care (ie Scout leaders, Church officials, Coaches, etc.)? They see children as running amok, causing all sorts of problems and acting out with complete disregard or lack of respect for authority. So, their solution: beat the kids into submission.
    JAY

Le Choléra Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Jay0173 View Post
    Would it surprise you to learn that there are many who are of the opinion that today's children should be subjected to such treatment by not just parents, but also by teachers and others responsible for children in their care (ie Scout leaders, Church officials, Coaches, etc.)?
    Absolutely not. I've met such people myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Absolutely not. I've met such people myself.
    As a retail associate I have met many a child and young teen in my department, and I have found the majority of them to be some of the most pleasant, well-mannered and intelligent people I've ever met. It's some so-called adults I'm left wondering about and who often leave me scratching my head.
    JAY

There is NO EXCUSE for striking a child. NONE. EVER.

I still would like someone to answer me this question: if it is illegal for an adult to hit another adult as a form of punishment, why is it then legal for an adult to hit a child?
    Hyperion09 likes this.
    JAY

Blog Entries
    Add AnonyGirl on Facebook

Why a belt? Belts traumatize kids, and it can be listed as a form of abuse even without recording it! Did this bastard get punished for it yet?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast