Texas judge investigated over YouTube video of him beating teenage daughter with belt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Texas judge investigated over YouTube video of him beating teenage daughter with belt

Visit Jay0173's Youtube Channel

Default Texas judge investigated over YouTube video of him beating teenage daughter with belt

Source: Texas judge investigated over YouTube video of him beating teenage daughter with belt - Yahoo! News

You can see the video here: Rockport Tx Judge William Adams beats his 16 yr. old daughter - YouTube

Appropriate punishment for downloading music, or abusive father? You decide.

My opinion is that this "father" went way over the line that separates appropriate punishment from child abuse.
    JAY
    FC: 3411-1525-5963
    Dark-Type Safari with: Sneasel, Vullaby & Liepard
    (Please VM or PM me so I can add your FC too)

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: Texas judge investigated over YouTube video of him beating teenage daughter with

My opinion is that this is abusive. I mean sure she downloaded music illegally but I really think that punishment is way over the line for something like that. I will not watch the video because I dont want to see a child beaten up. Its sickening.

Savage Rain!

Default Re: Texas judge investigated over YouTube video of him beating teenage daughter with

Never hurt your children. One day, you will be old and weak, and they'll still be young and strong. They'll also still hate you. My father hit me when I was younger, and now he's terrified of me.

The judge should have his child separated from him, for both her and his safety. If she has a mother, then they need to have a talk about this, and why she wasn't there to protect her daughter.

I saw the video on another forum. Apparently the the video is several years old and just appeared as he is due for re-election. Anyway I don't the punishment was appropriate for what she did.

Visit Jay0173's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Tso View Post
    I saw the video on another forum. Apparently the the video is several years old and just appeared as he is due for re-election. Anyway I don't the punishment was appropriate for what she did.
    Let's try not to bring politics into this. Besides, the young woman in question has already stated why she released the video now. It has nothing to do with her father possibly getting re-elected, but everything to do with her father's continued harassment of her.
    JAY
    FC: 3411-1525-5963
    Dark-Type Safari with: Sneasel, Vullaby & Liepard
    (Please VM or PM me so I can add your FC too)

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The role of a parent is to teach the child things through example or otherwise, not beat them "into submission" (his exact words according to the article).

Don't get me wrong; I was belted when I was younger too. But only a couple times ever, because I definitely learned my lesson after a little while. But this is just too much. It doesn't demonstrate anything to the girl; it just proves that her father does not know how to properly punish his own daughter.

I think both (yes, the mother was involved in this too) parents took this too far. An article I read elsewhere states that there is a 7-year limit on child injuries, so it may be that these people will get off the hook.

Head Bus Driver Big Lutz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Coming from a abusive and narcissistic father (Funny how those two things seem to go together) I have absolutely no sympathy for this man and I use that term loosely. I can understand a spanking, I can understand a grounding. Beating with a belt is worthy of jail time, period. I couldn't care less if there were any political motivations with it or not. The man obviously has something wrong with him, and those who he sentence deserve a new trial.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

As a judge shouldn't he have known that the appropriate sentence for such a crime isn't a beating, and as a family lawyer, shouldn't he know how illegal his and his wife's actions are? So not only is he a bad father, but he's a bad judge. Well, he's apparently a man of the law and this is how he obviously feels people should be punished so *takes off belt* I wonder if he'll take it like a man? xD

Honestly though; a parent should see red when they see anyone laying a single finger on their children. To do so to your children on any level is beyond deplorable.

Blog Entries

I have no issue with spanking as a form of punishment. The instant the belt is taken off it becomes abuse, plain and simple.
    Bishie Karis-chan likes this.
    Astronomy Club... you know you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaname Madoka
    If someone tells me that it’s wrong to hope, I will tell them they’re wrong every time.

Blog Entries

Clearly a case of injustice.

MFW ponies

Fishy Bubbles

Quote Originally Posted by Jay0173 View Post
    Let's try not to bring politics into this. Besides, the young woman in question has already stated why she released the video now. It has nothing to do with her father possibly getting re-elected, but everything to do with her father's continued harassment of her.
    Actually, she says it's because of his re-election. It has EVERYTHING to do with politics.

The father says it's because he requested his car that he loaned from her back and she's throwing a hissy fit.
    - RAGECANDYBAR: The PokéGods: Secrets and Rumors Revealed

(Feel free to leave me a private or visitor message with any comments, questions, or advice related to my work)

Head Bus Driver Big Lutz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Reading the interview with Anderson Cooper on CNN, she talks about the fact that her father is in denial over the abuse he brought onto her and her mother. Which in my experience is something that is common. The abusers deny that they are actually abusing the person, even when confronted with overwhelming evidence. Maybe losing his job and publicly humiliated will finally make him realize what he has done.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    As a judge shouldn't he have known that the appropriate sentence for such a crime isn't a beating, and as a family lawyer, shouldn't he know how illegal his and his wife's actions are?
    Men (and women) of law generally don't care about the consequences of their actions when they're fired up. I was dating a lawyer who's career had been going for four years at one point, I did something to anger him, and he whacked me in the face and gave me a black eye. I partly deserved in, but eh. I could have had his law license revoked, but I chose not to. He hit me, yeah, but I won't destroy his life over a mistake. My point is, people who've heavily invested their lives into the creation, enforcement or legal proceedings around laws are not perfect robots. Especially if they, like the father in this case, believe they haven't done anything wrong.

I just hope this guy burns for what he's done and the statute of limitations hasn't kicked in yet.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Blog Entries

Regardless of the daughter's motives, that's still completely wrong... I mean... Jesus.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast