Terror Attack Attempt on Fed Bank in New York

Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Tophat Dragoneye

Thread: Terror Attack Attempt on Fed Bank in New York

  1. #1
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Driven by hate, consumed by fe
    Posts
    2,566
    Blog Entries
    30

    Default Terror Attack Attempt on Fed Bank in New York

    Feds arrest man who tried to blow up Federal Reserve Bank in NYC, sources say | Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox News
    A Middle Eastern man tried to blow up the Federal Reserve Bank in Lower Manhattan this morning, law-enforcement sources told the New York Post.

    The terrorist wannabe parked a van filled with what he thought were explosives outside of the Liberty Street building, sources said, then tried to set them off using a cell phone detonator.

    The suspect, who was not immediately identified, was provided the explosives from an undercover FBI agent that he met on the Internet and believed to be an accomplice, the sources said.

    The suspect raised red flags after posting about Jihad online, they said.

    The agent made contact with the jihadist about three months ago. The suspect told him that he wanted to blow up the bank, the sources said.

    The suspect and the FBI agent planned the fake attack for months, sources said.

  2. #2
    Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    797
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: Terror Attack Attempt on Fed Bank in New York

    Even though this is serious, I can't help but laugh at the terrorist being fooled the entire time. It's good to know that the FBI was 10 steps ahead of him.
    Kessel, Mako and 97SaturnSL1 like this.
    Revolutionaryverse


    Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

    ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

  3. #3
    Canada's Oshimen Shinobu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    837
    Blog Entries
    338

    Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

    Default Re: Terror Attack Attempt on Fed Bank in New York

    He's Bangladeshi, which isn't Middle Eastern.

    Anyways, apparently he was an aspiring international terrorist. I don't think Al Qaeda will be contacting him anytime soon.

  4. #4
    Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,153
    Blog Entries
    68

    Default Re: Terror Attack Attempt on Fed Bank in New York

    I would like to see the full details of all communication between the would-be terrorist and the FBI agent. I find it hard to believe that the FBI agent didn't encourage the man at all but I suppose it is technically possible that that was the case. I mean it seems questionable that someone could have spent months planning something with a single co-conspirator without encouraging them to some degree. Also, they seem to have picked him out to talk to just because he was "talking about Jihad online": they must have at the very least offered him explosives, which to me is tantamount to suggesting that he use them. I think there are major moral and legal issues with entrapment that should probably apply to this case.

    Now I know people will probably say "Oh but he would have blown up the bank otherwise" but no, there's actually not much evidence to suggest that is the case, not in this article at least and I don't have time right now to look further into it (if someone else does or has already looked into it, I'd really appreciate more details, though I suspect these might be unavailable due to the nature of intelligence agencies such as the FBI). It seems to me like he was someone who was a borderline extremist who was bedazzled by an FBI agent convincing him to become a terrorist. The biggest risk would have been him being receptive to being recruited by a terrorist organisation which (1) is true of a great deal of people and (2) is not a crime (that is, being receptive to joining rather than joining itself, although joining alone isn't really a crime either I don't think).

  5. #5
    The Lone Wolf Duke Org Zen-Aku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    ATLANTIS
    Posts
    411
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Terror Attack Attempt on Fed Bank in New York

    Its a load crap plain and simple anybody who has done any research on any of "terrorist attacks" except 9/11 knows that there all fake because the government lamentably goes into mosque and other organizations and recruits the people for these "attacks" and then parades it all around the media to scare everybody.

  6. #6
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,746
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: Terror Attack Attempt on Fed Bank in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON PIRANHA View Post
    Its a load crap plain and simple anybody who has done any research on any of "terrorist attacks" except 9/11 knows that there all fake because the government lamentably goes into mosque and other organizations and recruits the people for these "attacks" and then parades it all around the media to scare everybody.
    Why would the government do that? Cheap thrills?
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

  7. #7
    Beausoleil Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Silicon Hills, Texas
    Posts
    18,177
    Blog Entries
    657
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

    Default Re: Terror Attack Attempt on Fed Bank in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Clowncrete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON PIRANHA View Post
    Its a load crap plain and simple anybody who has done any research on any of "terrorist attacks" except 9/11 knows that there all fake because the government lamentably goes into mosque and other organizations and recruits the people for these "attacks" and then parades it all around the media to scare everybody.
    Why would the government do that? Cheap thrills?
    Yeah, that's really not true in any way at all.

  8. #8
    The Lone Wolf Duke Org Zen-Aku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    ATLANTIS
    Posts
    411
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Terror Attack Attempt on Fed Bank in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Clowncrete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON PIRANHA View Post
    Its a load crap plain and simple anybody who has done any research on any of "terrorist attacks" except 9/11 knows that there all fake because the government lamentably goes into mosque and other organizations and recruits the people for these "attacks" and then parades it all around the media to scare everybody.
    Why would the government do that? Cheap thrills?
    They need to do it to pass unconstitutional laws such NDAA (which authorizes the president to say any American citizen is a terrorist and hold them without trial or access to a lawyer Indefinitely) , the expansion of the power of the patriot act etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Yeah, that's really not true in any way at all.

    FBI organizes almost all terror plots in the US


    You can't trust CBS, ABC, NBC, (MS)NBC, FOX NEWS, CNN to tell the truth on this because there bought and paid for by the same special interest groups as the politicians in Washington and I can list more links if you want including even this "terror Plot"
    Last edited by Zen-Aku; 8th November 2012 at 07:58 AM.

  9. #9
    Beausoleil Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Silicon Hills, Texas
    Posts
    18,177
    Blog Entries
    657
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

    Default Re: Terror Attack Attempt on Fed Bank in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON PIRANHA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Yeah, that's really not true in any way at all.

    FBI organizes almost all terror plots in the US


    You can't trust CBS, ABC, NBC, (MS)NBC, FOX NEWS, CNN to tell the truth on this because there bought and paid for by the same special interest groups as the politicians in Washington and I can list more links if you want including even this "terror Plot"
    I'm afraid that it's hard to take your argument seriously when your primary source is a conspiracy theory site.

  10. #10
    The Lone Wolf Duke Org Zen-Aku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    ATLANTIS
    Posts
    411
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Terror Attack Attempt on Fed Bank in New York

    Don't let the comments fool you because actually RT (stands for RUSSIA TODAY) is well known cable news channel THROUGHOUT THE WORLD and they have had similar stories to this on BBC .

    and here is another link for you HERE

  11. #11
    Beausoleil Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Silicon Hills, Texas
    Posts
    18,177
    Blog Entries
    657
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

    Default Re: Terror Attack Attempt on Fed Bank in New York

    I won't deny that entrapment is certainly an issue, but to claim that *all* post-9/11 terrorist attacks have been fabricated by the government is, quite frankly, foolish and very offensive to the families of those attacks' victims.

  12. #12
    The Lone Wolf Duke Org Zen-Aku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    ATLANTIS
    Posts
    411
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Terror Attack Attempt on Fed Bank in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    I won't deny that entrapment is certainly an issue, but to claim that *all* post-9/11 terrorist attacks have been fabricated by the government is, quite frankly, foolish and very offensive to the families of those attacks' victims.
    Despite what i posted a few I should have worded it differently because I am not claiming *all* of them are but a vast majority and if i remember the statistic i read correctly its some between 66% and 75% so that would be 2/3 or 3/4 of them are based on released court documents.

    the REASON for my miss worded post above i was in rush because of work and did not proof read it like i should have.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •